PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
@imDPerent: The @Patriots 2nd string defensive unit is shutting down @Redskins Kirk Cousins and Co.

Dennard & Ryan must be doing work.

Well I can't think of a single team with a 2nd team unit that can beat Dennard/Ryan/Arrington. They are just better than 2nd teamers.

IF we ONLY get one year of Revis, I feel comfortable with Dennard or Ryan taking over. Obviously not as elite, but Dennard has shown a lot since his rookie season, and Ryan had a good rookie season, hopefully a nice 2nd year jump fo him.
Did you feel comfortable with them when those 2 were getting shredded in the AFCCG after Talib went down?

If Jones was to stick Pats should use him like Lions used Fauria last year. Red-zone player. Fauria had 18 rec but 7 of them were for TDs.

Not saying Jones will do that but it's a tall guy the defense has to have some account for down in that area.

Seems like Justin Jones have sneaky speed because I have read that he caught passes down the seams multiple times. If he continues he could really flourish in this Offense because I cannot see the D accounting for him until he proves himself.

Did you feel comfortable with those 2 when they were getting shredded in the AFCCG after Talib went down?

Do we account for the reports that Dennard was banged up to the point of needing surgery, or do we just expect an undersized CB to be able to bang on Demaryius Thomas no matter how badly he's hurt?

scott99 said
:
What a blessing it would be if he can make the team, 2 HUGE red zon targets in Gronk and Jones, to add to the fast smurfs and decent sized WR's (Thompkins and Lafell).

scott I hope Revis is in the plans for the next Three years unlless we draft world beater at CB!

If Jones was to stick Pats should use him like Lions used Fauria last year. Red-zone player. Fauria had 18 rec but 7 of them were for TDs.

Not saying Jones will do that but it's a tall guy the defense has to have some account for down in that area.
The interesting thing is that Brady is throwing to him, especially those seam routes we are so used to seeing Gronk run. Might be gaining Brady's trust, like Thompkins and Sudfeld did last preseason.

Also overthrows will be somewhat easy for him to grab. Should b able to beat most coverage in jump balls.

Did you feel comfortable with them when those 2 were getting shredded in the AFCCG after Talib went down?
Unfortunately, Manning shred a lot of secondaries last season.

@JarrettBell: One observation, based on the past hour: The Pats D-line is really giving Washington's O-line the business.

Why is it when one team/player gives another team/player "The Business" those people that get the business often find themselves unemployed? I mean if you are really giving them the business shouldn't that imply extra job security? Odd expression. : p

Playing up against one of the top two secondaries every week in practice will only have a great affect when it comes to game time against weaker units. It will be better for Brady and the receiving core.

Couple that with the fact we might not need 35 points to win every game, I can only see good things ahead

We heard a lot about how awesome the Patriots offense looked with the Eagles combined practice last year. I will wait until they prove it on the field.

We heard a lot about how awesome the Patriots offense looked with the Eagles combined practice last year. I will wait until they prove it on the field.
But they are on the field!!

Truly, though, I see what you're saying. But it's training camp and we are all fans wanting news on the Patriots. Obviously, performing well in training camp doesn't mean they'll be world beaters in the regular season but I think it's better than hearing the offense looks like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents