PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
All reports I've seen so far. We are really giving it to Washington.

I know it's early, But this 2014 team might be a machine!

The guy I am looking at the most right now is Rob Housier. He is not a FA yet but will br cut/traded from the Cardinals before the season going by many reports. Very talented WR but not much of a blocker. It is thought with a good QB he could produce more than the 450 or so he got the past 2 years.

A lot of us are interested in Housler!

Underthrown, definitely, but the bigger thing to me is how did KT get so damn open?

It was Ryan Clark in "coverage" apparently, that explains it!

All reports I've seen so far. We are really giving it to Washington.

I know it's early, But this 2014 team might be a machine!
If camp is any indication of the regular season Edelman might prove to be better than Welker ever was.

Underthrown, definitely, but the bigger thing to me is how did KT get so damn open?

Not a bad pass either. KT had to adjust a little to come back the ball, but it looks good to me. Besides we all know brady isn't the greatest deep ball thrower.

If camp is any indication of the regular season Edelman might prove to be better than Welker ever was.
Let's not get crazy, last yea was the 1st year since his rookie season, that Edelman stayed healthy. But I do love how he plays thegame, very Welker-like, and is even faster.

My main overreaction takeaway from attending TC was that Edelman is a stud/better than last year. He looks like he could be a high end WR2 this year.

BB's best drafted patriot WR ever? Could pass Deion if he has another great year.

Let's not get crazy, last yea was the 1st year since his rookie season, that Edelman stayed healthy. But I do love how he plays thegame, very Welker-like, and is even faster.
Edelman was 27 last season and received his first opportunity to play first team WR. In 2007 Welker was 27 and he had his first 100 catch, 1000 yard season.

@BenVolin
"That guy is a skyscraper!" a Redskins fan says during 11-on-11 drills. Rookie TE Justin Jones just caught a nice pass down the seam.

Seems like BIG Rookie TE Justin Jones is having a decent camp given his opportunities.

Seems like BIG Rookie TE Justin Jones is having a decent camp given his opportunities.
What a blessing it would be if he can make the team, 2 HUGE red zon targets in Gronk and Jones, to add to the fast smurfs and decent sized WR's (Dobson and Lafell).

@imDPerent: The @Patriots 2nd string defensive unit is shutting down @Redskins Kirk Cousins and Co.

Dennard & Ryan must be doing work.

@imDPerent: The @Patriots 2nd string defensive unit is shutting down @Redskins Kirk Cousins and Co.

Dennard & Ryan must be doing work.
IF we ONLY get one year of Revis, I feel comfortable with Dennard or Ryan taking over. Obviously not as elite, but Dennard has shown a lot since his rookie season, and Ryan had a good rookie season, hopefully a nice 2nd year jump fo him.

If Jones was to stick Pats should use him like Lions used Fauria last year. Red-zone player. Fauria had 18 rec but 7 of them were for TDs.

Not saying Jones will do that but it's a tall guy the defense has to have some account for down in that area.

IF we ONLY get one year of Revis, I feel comfortable with Dennard or Ryan taking over. Obviously not as elite, but Dennard has shown a lot since his rookie season, and Ryan had a good rookie season, hopefully a nice 2nd year jump fo him.
I think by midseason, we lock revis up long term.

What a blessing it would be if he can make the team, 2 HUGE red zon targets in Gronk and Jones, to add to the fast smurfs and decent sized WR's (Thompkins and Lafell).

Fixed it for ya!;) until Dobson comes back on the playing field he's dead to me. Thompkins is having a Great camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back