The Most Stupid Post Ever? Here's One Now Find One

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
One rule here for opening this thread...if you read the dumb posts here you are obligated to find one and contribute it here.

So...I read this post as JetsInsider and laughed my butt off...
Did the Jets get a discount for this flaw?:rofl:
Think Belichick spends time working on problems like this:

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125267 Jetman73

WHY can't another QB be used for Hail Mary's?
I've been saying this since 2003 when we should have put Vinny in to throw the hail mary instead Chad at the end of the Philly game that year....

Ramsey has a stronger arm - why the H not!?! A ball caught at the 20 is not going to make it to the end zone. Enough woth the pride. Win the friggin game. :rofl: Chad cant make that play - period. :rofl:

Not to rain on your parade, but if you're going to start a thread about such a topic, you might want to request the stupidest posts ever, not the most stupid.

F.B.N. said:
One rule here for opening this thread...if you read the dumb posts here you are obligated to find one and contribute it here.

So...I read this post as JetsInsider and laughed my butt off...
Did the Jets get a discount for this flaw?:rofl:
Think Belichick spends time working on problems like this:

We used Michael Bishop for that purpose. I'd go with Ramsey myself.

Maybe I'm just slow today but it seems like a valid point (using a stronger arm QB) and I don't really see the humor.

SoCal Bong said:
Maybe I'm just slow today but it seems like a valid point (using a stronger arm QB) and I don't really see the humor.

I'm baffled too. The announcers even suggested that during the game.

SoCal Bong said:

Why have a QB who can't throw long ?...if he can't throw a long pass it also means he can't throw the quick sideline pass. If he can't throw long the defense plays in tighter which makes it hard to run.

We played in on them because we knew he wasn't going long much, if at all. If you need a QB to throw a hail mary then you need a new QB because w/o a legitimate running game they are cooked.

F.B.N. said:
Why have a QB who can't throw long ?...if he can't throw a long pass it also means he can't throw the quick sideline pass. If he can't throw long the defense plays in tighter which makes it hard to run.

We played in on them because we knew he wasn't going long much, if at all. If you need a QB to throw a hail mary then you need a new QB because w/o a legitimate running game they are cooked.
Let's see: ability to make pre-snap and post-snap reads and process information quickly, accuracy, mobility/ability to evade the rush and buy time, ability to gain yards on the ground (Michael Vick), touch, leadership, etc., etc., etc., are all important factors in quarterback performance. If arm strength was all that mattered Jeff George would have been Joe Montana. Speaking of whom, Joe is considered by many (if not most) students of the game to be the best quarterback ever, and he didn't have a particularly strong arm.

PromisedLand said:
Let's see: ability to make pre-snap and post-snap reads and process information quickly, accuracy, mobility/ability to evade the rush and buy time, ability to gain yards on the ground (Michael Vick), touch, leadership, etc., etc., etc., are all important factors in quarterback performance. If arm strength was all that mattered Jeff George would have been Joe Montana. Speaking of whom, Joe is considered by many (if not most) students of the game to be the best quarterback ever, and he didn't have a particularly strong arm.

A QB absolutely doesn't need a first class amr to be a first class QB....but it needs to somewhat strong. As mentioned before the threat that a QB can throw the deep ball stretches the feild and opens up the shorter throws and run more.

Richter said:
Not to rain on your parade, but if you're going to start a thread about such a topic, you might want to request the stupidest posts ever, not the most stupid.
Personally, I'd go with most stupider posts ever, but that's just me.

I think a smarterest team should have a seperate QB for long throws, one for screens, and one for short throws and handoffs, and I'd couple that with a totally seperate offensive line configuration for run plays.

I gotta add my confusion on why that was a stupid post. I think Chad might even admit he doesnt have the strongest arm. That doesnt mean he isnt a decent QB.

I would vote for any post by 'Feel the Pain' at this site as most stupider post ever. 'Feel the Pain' runs away with it. That guy has a serious rock in his head, not doubt causing him pain. :bricks:

But I'm too lazy to go find a post right now, sorry!

I nominate 'Water Boy' Aqua4evah for his entire body of work as winning the most stupid posts award.

Otherwise, I'd nominate a couple notable Pats posters here, but then I'd probably get banned.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I nominate 'Water Boy' Aqua4evah for his entire body of work as winning the most stupid posts award.

Otherwise, I'd nominate a couple notable Pats posters here, but then I'd probably get banned.
Really? I double dog dare you! :p

I direct everyone to ExtremeSkins.com and any post entitled, "Which QB can we win the Superbowl with?" or some similar variation.:rolleyes:

RayClay said:
We used Michael Bishop for that purpose. I'd go with Ramsey myself.

I still have fond memories of Michael Bishop hitting Track Star Tony Simmons on a long pass to end a half. Finally, I thought to myself, something good from Tony Simmons.

I'm guessing that this thread didn't quite get the response that the OP was looking for.

fnordcircle said:
I still have fond memories of Michael Bishop hitting Track Star Tony Simmons on a long pass to end a half. Finally, I thought to myself, something good from Tony Simmons.

My last memory ofTony was in the XFLwhen he ran a perfect 9 yard route out of bounds on a 3rd and 10 with loose coverage.

I just thought, "now I remember, that's why he sucked".:D

I watched some college and NFL games this weekend and this happened this weekend although I don't remember the game. The 'long ball guy' didn't reach the end zone either -:) There's been good NFL QB's who didn't have the strongest arms. And some guys can throw it 70 yards but aren't that accurate. I suppose if it;'s the last play and your at the 50 or farther away, why not throw in the guy who can really heave it.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I would vote for any post by 'Feel the Pain' at this site as most stupider post ever. 'Feel the Pain' runs away with it. That guy has a serious rock in his head, not doubt causing him pain. :bricks:

But I'm too lazy to go find a post right now, sorry!
Actually he is nothing compared to post by Manning Future 10x MVP, Blitzburgh2005, IRONKLACKERS and PlaxicoRules. Too bad we can get those post any more they here awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye