PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
After reading all of the deflate hate nonsense, we all know the issues between the logo and non-logo gauges and their implications. At first blush, the logic exponent and Wells used for basing their assumption that the non logo gauge must have been used seems sound. If it was out of line with everything else, and Anderson remembered that the Pats balls were 12.5 as measured by both the Pats and Anderson, then it is likely he used the non-logo gauge. Yet none of us believed this could be so.

However, something dawned on me that was so simple and obvious. I truly don,t think it has been articulated correctly. What is astronomically unbelieveble and way more than highly unlikely, is that McNally just happened to deflate the balls by the difference .38, in the gauges. I have never heard anyone frame the argument in this way, which makes their assumption absurd to say the least.
To take it a step further, McNally went in the bathroom and in 100 seconds deflated the 12 balls by the exact difference in the 2 gauges. There is no way even a ranting and raving idiot like Chris Russo could buy this. When articulated this unbelievably obvious and simple way it is a slam dunk against Wells and Exponent's assumption. The ideal gas law wins!

After reading all of the deflate hate nonsense, we all know the issues between the logo and non-logo gauges and their implications. At first blush, the logic exponent and Wells used for basing their assumption that the non logo gauge must have been used seems sound. If it was out of line with everything else, and Anderson remembered that the Pats balls were 12.5 as measured by both the Pats and Anderson, then it is likely he used the non-logo gauge. Yet none of us believed this could be so.

However, something dawned on me that was so simple and obvious. I truly don,t think it has been articulated correctly. What is astronomically unbelieveble and way more than highly unlikely, is that McNally just happened to deflate the balls by the difference .38, in the gauges. I have never heard anyone frame the argument in this way, which makes their assumption absurd to say the least.
To take it a step further, McNally went in the bathroom and in 100 seconds deflated the 12 balls by the exact difference in the 2 gauges. There is no way even a ranting and raving idiot like Chris Russo could buy this. When articulated this unbelievably obvious and simple way it is a slam dunk against Wells and Exponent's assumption. The ideal gas law wins!

That's been mentioned a few times but your right it has not been taken seriously. It also indicates that if Brady had any knowledge of deflation or whatever it was not to get the balls under regulation but rather to make sure they were at 12.5 psi and not the 16 they had after the Jets game.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft