PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The continuing wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The season doesn't start for four months. We have time for some additions.

1a) a long-term contract with Samuel
1b) a short-term contract where Samuel agrees to play this year
2a) a trade for a running back
2b) a jag short-down running back
3) a jag ILB or two
4) a backup NT
5) a backup QB
6) a healthy set of OT's
7) a healthy Chad Jackson

3) a jag ILB or two
4) a backup NT
5) a backup QB
6) a healthy set of OT's

8) long term extension for BB announced - details not disclosed.

3) a jag ILB or two
4) a backup NT
5) a backup QB
6) a healthy set of OT's

note on 1b) Ya - its a concept that Samuel's union agreed to and it called being tagged the "franchise player."

note on 7) even if he was healthy, he wouldn't see the field this year. He doesn't have a niche on this team since the signings.

3) a jag ILB or two
4) a backup NT
5) a backup QB
6) a healthy set of OT's

1. Agreed
3. Seau and a jag
6. Agreed
7. PUP and IR thereafter if no other WR is lost for the season.
8. A HEALTHY RODNEY!!! (Which should really be much higher on the list.)

9) Tom Brady becoming GQ Man Of The Year :)

A healthy Rodney is a lot to ask for at this time in his career. I might add that Sanders continues to improve.

1. Agreed
3. Seau and a jag
6. Agreed
7. PUP and IR thereafter if no other WR is lost for the season.
8. A HEALTHY RODNEY!!! (Which should really be much higher on the list.)

I think we could very well see Chad Jackson on the field this year, unless the rest of our WRs suddenly get titanium hamstring replacements. Anyhow, it's good to have him here--he may yet turn out to be a good draft choice.

What Mainefan said, and it would be fantastic if Chad Brown - a tallish fastish guy - got "downfield threat" lessons from Stallworth and Moss, both of them the real deal with resumes to match. There are "cap trouble" threads elsewhere these days, and getting a guy out of the draft to lighten some of this load in future years is a no-brainer - but more easily said than done (see Johnson, Bethel.)

There's a reason that the boys in Foxboro don't write him off yet, whatever we say in a fan forum.

Would love to see Samuel signed for multiple years, but this offseason looks like handwriting on the wall rather than on a contract, in his regard. You can't always get what you want, as the ESPN draft promos kept playing. But I think the Pats got what they need. I see Samuel playing his franchise year, and trying like hell to prove he's a better use of 2008 money than, say, Randy Moss.

PFnV

Players like Adalius Thomas and Randy moss (if he get's $5 mill) took Asante's money. The Patriots are dishing out the dough right now (to everyone who wants to play for the Patriots for a cut-rate). I have to say, although I can understand that Asante has never had a big payday, it's a concern that he wants to leave the Patriots without once ever having won the super Bowl with the team as a started. Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, even Damien Woody, all these guys left AFTER they got their ring.

Asante better think about the fact that players are giving up money and coming to new England to WIN a ring.

Players like Adalius Thomas and Randy moss (if he get's $5 mill) took Asante's money. The Patriots are dishing out the dough right now (to everyone who wants to play for the Patriots for a cut-rate). I have to say, although I can understand that Asante has never had a big payday, it's a concern that he wants to leave the Patriots without once ever having won the super Bowl with the team as a started. Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, even Damien Woody, all these guys left AFTER they got their ring.

Asante better think about the fact that players are giving up money and coming to new England to WIN a ring.

It's like the old saw says - you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Perhaps he will consider playing for the ring instead of the money after he has earned the money, or when he is much later in his career. He has just played out his rookie contract. It is time to cash in.

I can understand that Asante has never had a big payday, it's a concern that he wants to leave the Patriots without once ever having won the super Bowl with the team as a started. Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, even Damien Woody, all these guys left AFTER they got their ring.

Asante started Super Bowl XXXVIII against Philly. Hell, Randall Gay even started. He was the other cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft