PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Cakewalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdly Metro

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
To the haters... So, now that the Pats mauled the Titans on both sides of the ball on the way to the big win most of us felt was likely, all I'm hearing is how NE lucked out playing the weakest team in the playoffs and got a bunch of help from the refs to boot.

So which is it? Now that it's over and they "were who we thought they were" (apologies to Dennis Green, may he R.I.P.), did the Titans not, as Romo insisted, have the bigger, stronger, more physical OL and DL that was going to out muscle the Pats in the trenches, keep the game close, and pull out a win in the end like they did last week in Kansas City?

After those two mighty Heisman trophy winners, Henry and Mariota, had been respectively held to 28 yards rushing (2.33 avg.) and sacked eight times behind that vaunted OL you told us about, are we now to understand they were really just chopped liver?

Now that a tighter than expected first quarter, that saw the Titans actually take a lead :eek:, is over and your wishful thinking of what we were watching unfold has dissipated quicker than a fart in the wind (or Andrew Luck's career :D), do you suddenly expect us to come down with a collective case of amnesia about how you told us we were taking the Titans too lightly, expecting a cakewalk when we were actually in for a dogfight?

So which is it haters? You can't have it both ways!

The haters will never stop...

...kicking that can.

Actually I wouldn't mind kicking this particular can... right in the face.

Last edited:
I agree with all your points but not sure if your post is gonna reach its intended audience, 'the haters'.

My understanding is that there are a bunch of haters on here, as evidenced by all of the complaining on the GDT. I don’t know this first hand cuz I don’t go there. It’s stressful enough for me watching these games without having to deal with the doom and gloomers too. Lol

Last edited:
I like how Romo said we were all stunned after Tennessee scored first. Like that's never happened before and we end up winning. He did his best to pump up the Titans but gave it up pretty quickly in the second quarter.

Right, Tony Romo was giddy for the Titans to make it a game.

In hindsight though he was well aware that he had the worst game of the weekend and I shouldn't give him too much grief for trying his hardest to make sure people didn't tune out at halftime.

The actual answer is we indeed have the easiest road to the Super Bowl we've ever had but it's because we earned it by getting the #1 seed.
Exactly, and I couldn’t care less about what anyone is saying about the strength of our postseason schedule. That’s some obvious jealousy, right there.

To be perfectly honest, I openly root for the easiest path, as I’m sure almost all fanbases do/would do. I’m not even slightly ashamed to admit that, and why would I be? I’ll admit to anyone that we “lucked out” with getting TEN. So what? Are there some kind of bonus points that I’m unaware of if you play the toughest slate possible?

Romo tried to sell us early on how strong the Titans were in the "trenches" on both sides of the ball.. at the end of the game 8 sacks by the Pats and 0 sacks by the Titans; 65 yards rushing for the Titans, 101 yards rushing for the Patriots.. guess he oversold that.

Thought Romo talked too much Sat Night with a lot of useless information, to the point where it was not enjoyable..

Romo tried to sell us early on how strong the Titans were in the "trenches" on both sides of the ball.. at the end of the game 8 sacks by the Pats and 0 sacks by the Titans; 65 yards rushing for the Titans, 101 yards rushing for the Patriots.. guess he oversold that.

Thought Romo talked too much Sat Night with a lot of useless information, to the point where it was not enjoyable..
I fully agree. This was the first time that I didn’t care for much of the broadcast. He seemed to have a lot of strong opinions on certain calls, etc. I didn’t care for his speculation, particularly when we saw Butler get pushed off on not just once, but twice. You can’t say things like “this is basically a 14-14 game had it not been for some bad calls.” That’s nothing more than opinionated crap, and the push off on Butler occurred on the TEN 35 yard line, so it was hardly written in stone that they’d have marched 65 more yards for a TD. That was ridiculous.

My biggest beef, however, was the irresponsible comment about some “home cooking” regarding the clock operator. That’s quite an accusation for people who already believe in that kind of nonsense, not to mention again—he’s flat out wrong. We clearly see Gronk calling for the T.O.

I enjoy his insightful commentary, but I do not want to hear his opinionated drivel, particularly if it’s irresponsible and tries to put things in a certain light where the casual fan believes that the game is not being called in a fair manner, etc. Those comments really pissed me off.

Last edited:
I fully agree. This was the first time that I didn’t care for much of the broadcast. He seemed to have a lot of strong opinions on certain calls, etc. I didn’t care for his speculation, particularly when we saw Butler get pushed off on not just once, but twice. You can’t say things like “this is basically a 14-14 game had it not been for some bad calls. That’s nothing more than opinionated crap, and the push off on Butler occurred on the TEN 35 yard line, so it was hardly written in stone that they’d have marched 65 more yards for a TD. That was ridiculous.

My biggest beef, however, was the irresponsible comment about some “home cooking” regarding the clock operator. That’s quite an accusation for people who already believe in that kind of nonsense, not to mention again—he’s flat out wrong. We clearly see Gronk calling for the T.O.

I enjoy his insightful commentary, but I do not want to hear his opinionated drivel, particularly if it’s irresponsible and tries to put things in a certain light where the casual fan believes that the game is not being called in a fair manner, etc. Those comments really pissed me off.

Reminded me of the familiar refrain about the coaches headsets and the Pats were allegedly messing with them, then we found out the NFL controlled the headsets..

The whole BS about 1 second left was a lot of hype in an effort to create some sort of controversy.. the Pats have to be cheating, no one can be this consistent, or can they.

I hear the same nonsense quite often about the division, schedule and all sorts of stuff. I don’t like it because I just don’t believe Miami and buffalo are weak teams. They often have bad records but are usually good over all and it’s insane to call it automatic wins for the pats. That’s just not reality. People are stupid man, it’s like we have to play 16 games a year against all elite teams then beat the best in the playoffs then win a super bowl against Montana’s 49 era. And even if we did, they fall back to cheaters cheaters crying. What I’ve been doing lately is turning that same mentality back on them. I won a bet at work. I bet 25 bucks 2-1 that squealers would lose . Jerk paid me with rolls of quarters

Romo should have known that the league uses a neutral clock operator in the playoffs

Exactly, and I couldn’t care less about what anyone is saying about the strength of our postseason schedule. That’s some obvious jealousy, right there.

To be perfectly honest, I openly root for the easiest path, as I’m sure almost all fanbases do/would do. I’m not even slightly ashamed to admit that, and why would I be? I’ll admit to anyone that we “lucked out” with getting TEN. So what? Are there some kind of bonus points that I’m unaware of if you play the toughest slate possible?
Exactly. I root for the easiest games and root for Pats blowouts in those games.

If the degree of difficulty is harder, and the games are heart stoppers like the last two Super Bowls, I'll admit they're probably even more joyful. But any winning is pretty damn joyful anyway, and the ride is a lot more pleasant.

Long way of saying, I'd love an easy Super Bowl victory.

Facing Bortles instead of Rapistburger is an easier path. Meh, you can only play who you are scheduled to pay. Jaguars can absolutely win this game, but don't pretend you would rather see the Rapist throwing bombs to Brown and Bell carrying the roc k.

Facing Bortles instead of Rapistburger is an easier path. Meh, you can only play who you are scheduled to pay. Jaguars can absolutely win this game, but don't pretend you would rather see the Rapist throwing bombs to Brown and Bell carrying the roc k.

Facing the Steelers defense, devastated by the Shazier injury, instead of the Jaguars defense, is an easier path. Yes, everyone on the planet would rather face the Jaguars offense than the Steelers offense, but those came as part of package deals. Preference here is a legitimate issue, IMO.

We can all agree the JAX D is better than Sunday. At various points it will irritate TB12 and the O.

With that said I will always choose the ****tier QB and that is Bortles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes