PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady Vs Manning thing isn't fair at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are not giving the Pats much credit then if your going to continue to say that the Colts choked there last game, I mean if you think about it what your saying is that the Colts should have won easily

Actually, I'm giving the Patriots plenty of credit.

With the game on the line, Brady and the Patriots put together 2 scoring drives to win instead of fumbling the ball.

Peyton Manning is a good QB, I will give him that without a doubt. But he doesn't have the weapons that Brady does.

In all fairness, Manning is a great QB, but Brady is simply better! If Manning was on the Patriots he probably would have won two Superbowls because it boils down to th most important factor between these two teams....Coaching!

BB is a genius when it comes to evaluating talent, devising schemes, motivating, adapting game-plans, and preparation. Dungy, on the other hand is a good defensive coordinator at best. His preaching and bible-thumping may be considered a good motivational tool to some, but in the department of head coaching he doesn't even come close to the level of BB. From this I feel Manning suffers because Dungy hasn't had his teams as well prepared for the big game when he needed to. Had Brady been on some of those Colts teams, Dungy might have benefited from the presence of a cool head that thrives on pressure situations.

That, my friends, is my kool-aid induced summation of this argument!:cool:

Ref, extra heat, the refs cheated, pumped in noise, do you have any other excuses to add to you list? The Pats lost, get over it and quit making excuses..it really makes you look bad..I haven't made any about the last game, we lost, no excuses.

The Colts lost despite having HF advantage, the ref advantage, and a ten point lead.

For every come-back there is a side that chokes. They come hand-in-hand. The Patriots choked in last year's championship game, and Brady had a hand in that. Manning played the best half of football of his life, at the biggest stage up to that point, but in the other 14 quarters of the postseason he was mediocre at best.

The Colts choked this year, and Brady and the Patriots played the best ten minutes of football they've played all year, maybe even since Belichick has been here. Manning fumbled the ball twice and didn't do a damn thing the whole game. He gets a pass from Colts fans and the media because Harrison wasn't playing, but he still had Addai, Clark and Wayne. Despite all that the Patriots made him look like Philip Rivers.

And can you tell me that Manning played well in last year's playoffs? The Colts won the Super Bowl despite his play, not because of it. Defense and the running game bailed him out and saved him from yet another ch... gasp...gahhh...ga...

Last edited:
In all fairness, Manning is a great QB, but Brady is simply better! If Manning was on the Patriots he probably would have won two Superbowls because it boils down to th most important factor between these two teams....Coaching!

BB is a genius when it comes to evaluating talent, devising schemes, motivating, adapting game-plans, and preparation. Dungy, on the other hand is a good defensive coordinator at best. His preaching and bible-thumping may be considered a good motivational tool to some, but in the department of head coaching he doesn't even come close to the level of BB. From this I feel Manning suffers because Dungy hasn't had his teams as well prepared for the big game when he needed to. Had Brady been on some of those Colts teams, Dungy might have benefited from the presence of a cool head that thrives on pressure situations.

That, my friends, is my kool-aid induced summation of this argument!:cool:

I will give you that, I can't stand BB but he is a great coach, probably why I can't stand him...:D

I wasn't aware they moved the state of Tennessee to Florida where its warm year round, Tenn has cold snowing winters to.

Reading is fundamental!

And how often did Manning, playing home in Tennessee and away games within the SEC, play in snow?

"Manning fumbled the ball twice and didn't do a damn thing the whole game. He gets a pass from Colts fans and the media because Harrison wasn't playing, but he still had Addai, Clark and Wayne. Despite all that the Patriots made him look like Philip Rivers."

I wouldn't say he "didn't do a damn thing." No excuses for Manning, but he put 3 passes basically on the #'s that would have upped his #'s by probably 100 yards & 2 TD's if the receivers don't drop the ball. There isn't much more a QB can be asked to do than that.

He really didn't play all that bad of a game.

yeah but when you lose, its nothing but excuses..

Indycolts,

Do you read your own teams message boards? Come on, you have got to be sitting there at your computer laughing when you claim that Colts fans don't make excuses about losses.

Does the phrase "If we had Marvin Harrison out there, we win going away" sound familiar?

At one point, some Colt fan even extended it to "Half of our starters were out"......HALF? The Colts were missing 11 starters in last Sunday's game??

Just face it, there will never be a game between the Patriots and the Colts where the fans of the team that loses will NOT toss out some list of excuses as to why they lost or the other team won.

The Colts lost despite having HF advantage, the ref advantage, and a ten point lead.

For every come-back there is a side that chokes. They come hand-in-hand. The Patriots choked in last year's championship game, and Brady had a hand in that. Manning played the best half of football of his life, at the biggest stage up to that point.

The Colts choked this year, and Brady and the Patriots played the best ten minutes of football they've played all year, maybe even since Belichick has been here. Manning fumbled the ball twice and didn't do a damn thing the whole game. He gets a pass from Colts fans and the media because Harrison wasn't playing, but he still had Addai, Clark and Wayne. Despite all that the Patriots made him look like Philip Rivers.

And can you tell me that Manning played well in last year's playoffs? The Colts won the Super Bowl despite his play, not because of it. Defense and the running game bailed him out and saved him from yet another ch... gasp...gahhh...ga...

Manning may not have played well in the Playoffs last year but he played well enough to win, he did what was needed, he didn't force things like he has in the past, he takes whats given to him, we run the ball alot more now and control the clock, which was unheard in Mannings early years, he tried to force things alot and threw alot of picks. He made some mistakes that costs the Colts the game sunday but that is a credit to the Pats great defense, Manning fumbled that last ball because of a great defensive play by the Pats, I give the pats credit Brady and the Pats made the big plays down the stretch to win the game when they needed them.

And how often did Manning, playing home in Tennessee and away games within the SEC, play in snow?

I don't know because I didn't follow his team in college and im going to take a wild guess and say you probably didn't either, but im sure he had to play a few games in bad weather, it doesn't make him an expert in bad weather games by any stretch of the imagination, same argument could be for the Colts games, how many bad weather games has he played since playing for the Colts, I remember quite a few, he has won some and lost some, I remember a snowing game in denver that the Colts won a few years back and some really cold weather games. I agree he used to suck in bad weather games but I think he has learned over the years and is getting better, I mean they played in a downpour in the SB last year and played a pretty good game. I know it wasn't the same as snow and ice but its not that easy to play football in the rain and I think that game showed that the Colts have learned a thing or two over the years about playing in bad weather..

Manning may not have played well in the Playoffs last year but he played well enough to win, he did what was needed, he didn't force things like he has in the past, he takes whats given to him, we run the ball alot more now and control the clock, which was unheard in Mannings early years, he tried to force things alot and threw alot of picks. He made some mistakes that costs the Colts the game sunday but that is a credit to the Pats great defense, Manning fumbled that last ball because of a great defensive play by the Pats, I give the pats credit Brady and the Pats made the big plays down the stretch to win the game when they needed them.

He threw seven interceptions in four games. That after throwing ten during the regular season. His game fell off big time when it mattered most, not something that happens to the "greatest quarterback of all-time." They had to play him like Roethlisberger in '04 to have any success, take the ball out of his hands, run, and rely on the defense.

Peyton is a great quarterback in the regular season, but when it comes to the postseason he shows a completely different side of his game.

He threw seven interceptions in four games. That after throwing ten during the regular season. His game fell off big time when it mattered most, not something that happens to the "greatest quarterback of all-time." They had to play him like Roethlisberger in '04 to have any success, take the ball out of his hands, run, and rely on the defense.

Peyton is a great quarterback in the regular season, but when it comes to the postseason he shows a completely different side of his game.

Well that does make since when you think about it though, once you get into the playoffs you are playing better teams with better defense, I don't know Brady's stats from the playoffs maybe somebody here can post them if they have time, but if im not mistaken I am pretty sure the Colts played the number 1,2 and 3 rated defenses in the league during the playoffs last year, the first time ever that has happened..

Well that does make since when you think about it though, once you get into the playoffs you are playing better teams with better defense, I don't know Brady's stats from the playoffs maybe somebody here can post them if they have time, but if im not mistaken I am pretty sure the Colts played the number 1,2 and 3 rated defenses in the league during the playoffs last year, the first time ever that has happened..

This is from a while back, but it should be enough to get you thinking about Brady vs. the Gas-pipe boy....

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=261

That sounds like an excuse..you don't make excuses remember?

an excuse:confused: ok im really confused now, where did I make an excuse?

It looked, to me, that you were saying Peyton threw so many picks because he found himself in the unique position of playing great defenses in the playoffs.

There is no doubt that Brady deserves to be considered the best QB between the two, I have never argued that point, I mean Brady has a much better post season record and 3 rings to Mannings 1.

Exactly right.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to tear down one guy so that the other guy can somehow look "better." Brady clearly has an edge at this point, but that doesn't mean Manning is a "choker."

It looked, to me, that you were saying Peyton threw so many picks because he found himself in the unique position of playing great defenses in the playoffs.

Well thats not an excuse, its just a fact, when you go up against the best defenses the league has to offer your not going to be able to go out and throw 5 td passes per game, you just have to take what the defense gives you and lately most teams prefer to take Mannings deep passes away so he throws alot of short passes and alot of runs, but its up to Manning to determine before the snap what is the best play based on how the defense is lined up. I think he is pretty good at that, sometimes he doesn't make the best choice and he gets burned.

I for one am very glad that there is continuing ammunition on both sides of this debate. How did that old saying go "the quality of your success is measured by the quality of your competition"?

Both are elite quarterbacks, and currently they are playing a game that seems to leapfrog each other to greater heights. Even the previous best rivalry, Montana and Marino, never got this far because Joe always trumped Dan on SB rings. No 12 and 18 are rewritting the record books and winning SBs. Lets enjoy the rivalry because soon it will be gone, and all we will be left with is telling our children/grandchildren how great it was.

2007 is TB's year so far, but I expect PM to continue to press him for the honor (if not this year, then certainly beyond).

I don't know because I didn't follow his team in college and im going to take a wild guess and say you probably didn't either

This is half-right.

You guess which half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back