PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady Vs Manning thing isn't fair at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fact that even with gifted FP you still only managed 6 points? You guys really didn't do well. Ok, so you made some good plays, and you managed to get near the 50, or even just passed it. On MOST of your drives you were stalled by our D, our O was stalled by some legit and some non legit calls, as well as no calls on a couple of 3rd downs. There is a big difference there.

Okay, Nostradomus. Pretty much NO call affected Brady and his woeful 52 minute performance. 10 points is 10 points. 73 yard run, and a pick to set us up in NE territory makes it 14.

Your guys did squat for 52 minutes. Our guys forgot it was a 60 minute game:eek:

A terrible spot earlier in the drive and a no-call block in the back on the 73 yard catch and run TD had a huge hand in the only legit drive the Colts had. The Colts offense did little-to-nothing that whole game, despite being given excellent field position on terrible penalties. But yeah, they dominated the Patriots. :bricks:

Last edited:
Okay, Nostradomus. Pretty much NO call affected Brady and his woeful 52 minute performance. 10 points is 10 points. 73 yard run, and a pick to set us up in NE territory makes it 14.

Your guys did squat for 52 minutes. Our guys forgot it was a 60 minute game:eek:

How does that false offensive pass interference call against Moss not affect Brady's performance? How about the non-call when Faulk was mauled? Since when did field position and game score not influence calls and plays? Without the bogus P.I. calls your Colts were the beneficiaries of, the entire game is changed and Indy doesn't have the same crowd backing it.

Furthermore, I didn't lay it all on the Patriots offense making a difference. That's just you trying to mislead with your answer.

And the fact that even with gifted FP you still only managed 6 points? You guys really didn't do well. Ok, so you made some good plays, and you managed to get near the 50, or even just passed it. On MOST of your drives you were stalled by our D, our O was stalled by some legit and some non legit calls, as well as no calls on a couple of 3rd downs. There is a big difference there.

Plain wrong:

NE:

Drive 1: 3 and out. No penalties
Drive 2: TD (3rd and 3 from the 10 is when I think Stallworth MAY have lined up offsides-could be wrong on the play, and I'm not saying he was offsides, but it looked like it)
Drive 3: INT-You guys drove to our 23. Light felt like he needed to leg whip Freeney (You agree with this call, yes?) then Brady throws the pick. Where is the injustice so far for your offense?

Second half:

*Drive 1: 3 and out. No penalties.
*Drive 2: 3 and out (Koppen illegal downfield, then Brady gets sacked). Manning gets a pass here, no points as a result of a poor decision to throw ball)
*Drive 3: Nice drive. Start at your 9, all the way to Indy 14. Jennings gets penalized for holding on this play. Tack on 19 to brady run. But where is the holding call (#72 or #73 on Klecko??). Sanders makes a terrific stop on Maroney on 3rd and short. FG. TEN POINTS off of SIX drives. Three 3 and outs, an INT, and 2 scores. BOTH perhaps AIDED by missed calls.
*Drive 4: INT by Brackett. Pretty athletic play. Didn't know he had it in him. BTW, he lost his shoe on the run back. Had a Patriot lost a shoe on a run back, I am certain it would have been due to a diry Colt play ;).
*Drive 5: Finally, you guys hit a big one. The very play before, Hayden has a chance to perhaps ice the game, Moss tips a pass, hits defender in hands/stomach. I don't fault the guy for not making the -play, it was bang bang, but could have been the game.

The third down no call on Faulk was 3rd and 24. It was a 3 yard pass, good luck getting that call in the future. He would have had to tackle him to get that call. No way refs bail you out on what amounted to a surrender play. Could have been called, but it was a better no call.

You know the rest. You went on to win the game. Two TD drives in the 4th. Nice job, but give credit where it is due.

Colts:

Some have said that the Pats DBs play this way constantly. Find their man, impede, and look quickly back for the ball. Personally, the Wayne call was ticky tack. 3rd and short, who knows, maybe they quick snap on 4th. In the end, you guys did a nice job stopping us. Although, I think in years past, Gonzo's catch is a TD. Good D, but the ball was right on the money, just didn't make the catch.

Second PI, on Gonzo, is clearly a PI. Not much to argue. The two TD's were legit. Both on the heels of INT's. I find it funny when NE calls the 73 yarder a fluke, but guys like Moss and Stallworth either catch jump balls, or get some serious YAC's, due to the opponents inept tackling. In these cases, it's skill. In our case, it's a fluke:rolleyes:

Again, great game, reagrdless of how you feel about the PI's, ultimately, they did not decide the game, and they had nothing to do with your 10 point output.

A terrible spot earlier in the drive and a no-call block in the back on the 73 yard catch and run TD had a huge hand in the only legit drive the Colts had. The Colts offense did little-to-nothing that whole game, despite being given excellent field position on terrible penalties. But yeah, they dominated the Patriots. :bricks:
LOL, okay Tippett!! The only block in the back on that play was Harrison on his own man. Morehead barely touched your guys shoulder pad, and your guy was behind Addai when it happened. 1 Million times, and that never gets called. You have lost it! Addai's spot was curious, just like last year when Brady was stopped on 4th and short at midfield, just before the half. No chains, no measurement, and a generous spot. Thankfully, we D'ed up, and picked Brady for the 2nd time, ending your hopes of some cheap points before the half ;)

You missed my comment apparently about the "Stalled drives on 3rd down due to NO CALLS". I.E. Brady to Faulk (who got raped and turned 90deg by the defender before the ball was there)... was not called, killed the drive.

There are more, but it's 620am and Im on my way to work... and I really don't care. I just don't think the Colts are as dangerous as everyone wants to think. While the whole teams was on the field, you had 1 player on offense show up for the better part of the game. Your defense played well, but so did NE's D... and I dare say better then your D for the full 60 even with the BS calls. There were only a couple of drives where you "gashed" us... one was with Addai and his 21 yard run, (with that run removed, he averaged less then Maroney on 11 more carries btw). The rest of the game your offense was more inept because it couldn't charge down the field. I'm just saying your offense was anemic as hell... so was NE's for 50min (but they had some BS calls to contend with that the Colts didn't. Call me a homer, but it's harder to play when you're getting bad calls and no calls that set you back.. Can you deny that?)

Thats all I've been sayin'. That won't work any better for you come Jan. Get it?

Last edited:
Here are all 10 of your possessions...

1- Missed FG (only time you REALLY drove down the field)
2- Gifted field position and only a FG (drove to midfield... didn't get in)
3- Gifted field position and only a FG (drove to NE 49 first, still didn't get in)
4- TD due to poor tackling on a check down pass (73 of addais receiving yards on this play)
5- Interception
6- Punt from Indy 32
7- Punt from Indy 35
8- Touchdown (started on NE 32 due to bracket INT and addt 15yd by PF penalty on NE)
9- Punt from Indy 21
10- Game ending fumble

Anemic or prolific, you be the judge...

So Addai's phantom 1st down spot was 'curious', but you want Stallworth for lining up offsides? Where's the replay of that?

The Hobb's/Wayne PI was no where near ticky tack. It was blatantly wrong. The only one who was making illegal contact just before the ball got there was Wayne. Hobbs had position, and was playing the ball, yet somehow was flagged for playing textbook defense.

Clark molests Harrison when he's making a play for an INT, no call.
Moss stops and turns to catch a pass in the end zone, and he's called for pushing off.

The Gonzo drop in the endzone was a drop. The Colts had the ball, and could have challenged if it were close. Definitely worth the risk imo.

The throw to Faulk was not a 3 yarder. Regardless, just because it doesn't net a first down if your guy makes the tackle, doesn't make it ok to tackle him before the ball gets there. You're basically saying the defense is allowed to commit PI on plays that don't look like guaranteed first downs in those situations.

You're unwilling to acknowledge a block in the back on the Addai run, but claim there's an obvious open field hold on the Patriots during Brady's 19yd run?
That's rich, coming from a fan, whose team was flagged for 1 holding call during the entire game.
If you'll notice, it's not so much the little non calls that get let go, it's the blatantly biased way PI was called.
Colt's receivers were allowed to get away with contact all over the place, and not only that, in some cases they got the calls to go against the Patriots.
Moss wasn't even allowed to get away w/o contact.

The Samuel/Gonzales PI call is about the only one that can be legitimately upheld, since the ball wasn't totally uncatchable.

You're sitting there arguing that Colt's players should be allowed to get away with PI because Faulk couldn't seemingly net 24 yards on an 8 yard pass in your eyes, but don't want to concede a block in the back on a 10 yarder that turns into 73?

You can call bombs to one on one coverage with Moss 'flukes' or whatever you want. I sure hope opposing defenses keep taking that approach as well.

You can't say manning is the better quarterback, especially since he's never had to strive with people like reche and jabar as there leading wide recievers.
The better quarterback should also be able to win a game while under pressure, which we all know peyton can't do and brady can. The better quarterback will have made it to the superbowl more than once, unlike manning. Brady is the better quarterback. Its also more impressive to come into the league unknown and turn yourself into one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Everyone expected manning to come into the league good. Brady built himself up to be good instead of already being good. Brady's better!:) :singing: :rocker: :D :

You can't say manning is the better quarterback, especially since he's never had to strive with people like reche and jabar as there leading wide recievers.

Jabar ave pre - Brady = 43 catches
Jabar ave with - Brady = 11.5 catches

Colts starting wider recievers for 1998. Not necessarily the most feared group out there.

Torrence Small - 45 - Catches
Jerome Pathon - 50 Catches
Marvin Harrison - 59 catches

Marvin Average Pre - Manning = 68.5 Catches
Marvin Average With - Manning = 98.3 Catches

Peyton appears to have made a little difference. Actually up until 3 years ago, all he had was Marvin. If you recall Wayne was a disappointment.

Just an observation....Troy Brown was a Fantasy Stud for 3 or 4 years, so I think he was pretty good.

Last edited:
Any way that you look at it, in the end, Brady is head and sholders better. That's why he is 12 wins and 2 losses in the playoffs, and Manning is 7 wins and 6 losses. Manning has Dan Marino written all over him.:)

I for one am very glad that there is continuing ammunition on both sides of this debate. How did that old saying go "the quality of your success is measured by the quality of your competition"?

Both are elite quarterbacks, and currently they are playing a game that seems to leapfrog each other to greater heights. Even the previous best rivalry, Montana and Marino, never got this far because Joe always trumped Dan on SB rings. No 12 and 18 are rewritting the record books and winning SBs. Lets enjoy the rivalry because soon it will be gone, and all we will be left with is telling our children/grandchildren how great it was.

2007 is TB's year so far, but I expect PM to continue to press him for the honor (if not this year, then certainly beyond).

You are absolutely right, and it is a joy watching them both......:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back