PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Brady did a little bit wrong" crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't misread anything
I said "so you believe tom Brady consistently lied" you said "yes"
Then you explained you consider bb a liar too.
You said nothing about "theory" you said "yes" Brady has consistently lied.
If you regret that change your answer. Don't be a douche and pretend you didn't say it or blame my reading ability. It's right there in the thread.

Yes you did, you moron.

One misreading is excusable, since you're obviously excited. Doubling down on your false claim is not excusable.

Either apologize to me for lying about me, or else stop addressing me in this thread.

Thank you.

Let me preface this by saying that I am sure Brady did not cheat.

Brady did complain about the footballs being hard as a rock after the Jets game. Therefor a theory of McNalley, with or without Brady's consent, going into the bathroom to check them is not a silly theory.

So your theory is that instead of watching the referee test the balls or ask the referee what the balls were set at that he would surreptitiously and illegally check the pressure himself in the bathroom in a very rushed way in a small amount of time despite having lots of time to get the balls to the field.

I'll say it again. Think, men. THINK!

Double face palm.

There is not a single piece of evidence that anything said was not true.

Calm down. I presume you're not the youngest of guys. This can't be good for your blood pressure.

One thing that's really annoying is it being reported the "history of cheating " I've even heard it said several times this is Bradys 2nd offense is why he was punished so harshly....their referring to spygate....even though I don't agree with either, still where do they get Brady had something to do with spygate?

It's based on the perception that is put out their by others who don;t wnat to own up to the fact that they got out-played, out-coached or out-smarted. M Faulk blames their SB lose on Pats cheating. Harbaugh and Co. blame their playoff lose in 2012 on the Pats messing with the down display on the scoreboard causing confusion. The same group blame the recent lose on using illegal formations. The Colts and Polian blamed their playoff lose on the Pats roughing the receivers and getting away with it. The list is long of those who won't admit that they were beaten on the field.

• The claim that "Deflator" had nothing to do w/ deflation, and that "going to ESPN" had nothing to do w/ cheating. I suspect they were actually joking references to exactly what they superficially sound like serious references to.
  • Brady's lack of recollection about PSI-related conversations and/or conversations w/ Jastremski in general when they actually happened.
  • The various and contradictory stories offered about Brady's exercise of his unquestionable right to change cell phones.
  • Jastremski's text to McNally (or maybe the other way around) saying that if Brady didn't deliver the swag they were expecting "the only thing deflating on Sunday will be his passer rating".
To lay out biases, I am in the camp of "Nothing happened in the AFCCG, but I'm still not convinced that J&M didn't have some scheme to bring balls down to 12.5 PSI if the refs left them over 12.5 PSI."

So your theory is that instead of watching the referee test the balls or ask the referee what the balls were set at that he would surreptitiously and illegally check the pressure himself in the bathroom in a very rushed way in a small amount of time despite having lots of time to get the balls to the field.

I'll say it again. Think, men. THINK!

Double face palm.

haha. No. I THINK he went into the bathroom with a bag of balls. I THINK Brady complained about the footballs from the Jets game being hard as a rock. I think the same ball attendant was in charge of bringing those Jet game footballs to refs. I think that a theory that something happened in the bathroom is not silly.

By the way, I am in the camp that THINKS nothing happened and that Brady played the game fairly.

Actually, there's a sliver of middle ground.

Suppose, for example, that the Patriots delivered footballs that were at the lowest pressure limit, but which were ABOVE room temperature inside. Then they would have been sneakily evading the rules without actually breaking them.

I'm not saying that happened. In fact, it MIGHT have been ruled out by various experiments and analyses, scattershot though those all were; I haven't tried determine whether it has. But at least in theory, there is that sliver, so I'm inclined to be a bit lenient to the have-it-both-ways crowd.

That would mean that the Dorito Dinks understood the IDG and the effects of external temperature and the timing of that effect better than almost every single person involved in this. If that was the case it would have been easy to Brady to say "Are you kidding me, we went from a warm room to a cold field, of course they would lose some pressure. Just ask any gas-station attendant what happens to tires in the winter in New England."

That would mean that the Dorito Dinks understood the IDG and the effects of external temperature and the timing of that effect better than almost every single person involved in this. If that was the case it would have been easy to Brady to say "Are you kidding me, we went from a warm room to a cold field, of course they would lose some pressure. Just ask any gas-station attendant what happens to tires in the winter in New England."

Good point. If some version of the theory is true -- vigorous rubbing! -- it was probably all inadvertent.

It's based on the perception that is put out their by others who don;t wnat to own up to the fact that they got out-played, out-coached or out-smarted. M Faulk blames their SB lose on Pats cheating. Harbaugh and Co. blame their playoff lose in 2012 on the Pats messing with the down display on the scoreboard causing confusion. The same group blame the recent lose on using illegal formations. The Colts and Polian blamed their playoff lose on the Pats roughing the receivers and getting away with it. The list is long of those who won't admit that they were beaten on the field.

You have a good point about people being upset about being outcoached and outsmarted. Remember the first several years of their success? The Pats were the media's darlings. The media was constantly talking about how the Patriots out coached and outsmarted their opponents. They talked about how they were winning with no big stars, lesser talent in many cases, and that they were always playing to the best of their ability. Even I found some of the love fest from the media to be too much. You know this had to be infuriating the other teams. And then once Spy Gate happened, all that pent up hate and jealousy came out in full force and it hasn't stopped since the Patriots continue to dominate.

This is how I look at it:

They charge Brady with murder and sentence him to life in prison.

The DNA proves he did not commit murder but he may or may not have jaywalked on the way to the crime scene.

They still uphold the sentencing of serving life in prison.

Howe says MacNally keep changing his story? And, we know that how? I don't recall his interviews being released with the Wells report.

Wells said so.

Howe says MacNally keep changing his story? And, we know that how? I don't recall his interviews being released with the Wells report.

If that interview was damaging enough you can bet it would have been leaked.

Good point. If some version of the theory is true -- vigorous rubbing! -- it was probably all inadvertent.

Even if there was vigorous rubbing, the balls would have cooled down by the time Anderson measured them. Of course the rubbing could help figure out which gauge was used if Exponent made an honest attempt to figure that out.

Supposedly McNally told Wells that he did not take the balls to the bathroom and in a follow-up interview, Wells told McNally that they had video of him going to the bathroom and McNally instantly remembered.

If I recall, McNally also said that the balls were lying outside the officials room but when others said that they saw him take the balls, McNally changed his story.

At this point, it would not surprise me in the least that McNally's testimony was doctored (see Pash)or Wells contorted McNally's testimony to shape the narrative he needed to satisfy his customer.

Or, McNally just plain didn't remember what the hell he did (winner)

Last edited:
Even if there was vigorous rubbing, the balls would have cooled down by the time Anderson measured them. Of course the rubbing could help figure out which gauge was used if Exponent made an honest attempt to figure that out.

I found a report regarding the gauges yesterday that stated that they are not as reliable as they were made out to be. I then looked in the Well's report which basically argues repeatability but it does show that a new gauge can read anywhere from 12.6 to 13.2. The Wells report shows that out 50 gauges they tested in a controlled environment set to 13 psi that only 8 gauges read 13 psi while 22 gauges read below 13 psi. In short, it is a lot more possible than I had previously thought that both the Colts and the Patriots footballs were set with gauges out of Calibration.

If the pressure of a football was set to 12.5 while it was still warm it would have deflated to 12.2 or less when being tested in the ref locker room.

OR if both the Patriots and Colts gauges were out of Calibration then they would have been set incorrectly to begin with.

Anyways Walts usage of the logo gauge is still a strong possibility in my mind.

Why would you say Brady lied?
That us just not backed by anything

Most of what's he has written hasn't been backed by anything. It reminds me of Fraudger Goodjet & The Jesters.

Prove that
You are walking on dangerous ground here.
There is not a single piece of evidence that anything said was not true.
For some reason you insist on support this witch hunt and now it's based upon "maybe someone lied"
You are embarrassing yourself.

I find his thoughts on this to be revealing. He probably doesn't get embarrassed.

Yes you did, you moron.
Moron?

One misreading is excusable, since you're obviously excited. Doubling down on your false claim is not excusable.
Not sure how you would gauge my level of excitement. Perhaps you see as much evidence about that as Brady being a liar.

Either apologize to me for lying about me, or else stop addressing me in this thread.

Thank you.
Post #63.
You quoted my words, which were:

So you believe tom Brady had consistently lied.

And answered yes.

So it would appear that it is you who owes me an apology.
This is, by definition calling Brady a liar, and since he was under oath, it is calling him a perjurer, and since the only reason to lie was due to cheating it is also calling him a cheater.

So which is it, are you apologizing to me for your ridiculous response to me stating exactly what you said, or are you changing your answer?

It wouldn't surprise me. People lie about their recollection under oath all the time. BB, Brady, and every other Pat lie at the press conference podium repeatedly.

"I don't remember"/"I don't know"/"I've never thought about that" are, at a guess, lies more often than not, or at least evasions.
And here is you doubling down, although you have changed from yes to 'it wouldn't surprise me'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes