PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best Rule Ever

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I was listening to a soccer podcast today and they were talking about new rules in soccer leagues. One they talked about was the best rule change I have ever heard of. In a lower offshoot of the MLS they have adopted a rule where the higher seed gets to pick their playoff opponent (s). This should be done in every league/ every sport.

I don't know if that would work in football. The lower seed tends to be the weakest anyways

It seems that would motivate the team that’s picked. That would become personal. It would be interesting, but I think the team with the best record would rather not pick their opponent. I can see in football, the lesser team might realize they’re losing the game, but let’s at least physically punish those a holes.

It seems that would motivate the team that’s picked. That would become personal. It would be interesting, but I think the team with the best record would rather not pick their opponent. I can see in football, the lesser team might realize they’re losing the game, but let’s at least physically punish those a holes.
Gregg Williams is that you?

If they didn’t ruin football by eliminating all of its physicality that would be the dopest thing ever. Imagine how hard Rodney Harrison would be vibrating if someone called him out like that.

I think the antipathy it would create would always be awesome. And it would work its way down as each remaining higher seed chose their opponent. Then do it all over again the next week. I can’t think of a sport I wouldn’t want doing it when the opportunity is there. Matter of fact, i think I’ll see if the guys I play golf with want to do it. The cruelty is the point.

I was listening to a soccer podcast today and they were talking about new rules in soccer leagues. One they talked about was the best rule change I have ever heard of. In a lower offshoot of the MLS they have adopted a rule where the higher seed gets to pick their playoff opponent (s). This should be done in every league/ every sport.
Stopped reading at "soccer"

Players can wear 0 now

I don't know if that would work in football. The lower seed tends to be the weakest anyways

You can pick whoever you want, if you want # 8 you can take it, what makes it enjoyable is that whomever you pick will have a chip on their shoulder for getting picked,

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back