PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Axe has fallen. Brady has been suspended for four games

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
How ca he possibly be the arbitrator or the designee of one! What is the point! So he sets the punishment (let's face it, he set the punishment) and then he gets to decide if its fair?

The NFL is an absolute parody.
hats the reason he asked vincent to hand the discipline. He has obviously foreseen himself as the arbitrator and will reduce 2 games . This is all fixed.

even ladanian Tomlinson is defending brady and saying there is no evidence to suspend brady, and many feel like LT doesn't reallykke New England
Wow wouldn't have seen that coming. I don't think his issue is with Tom though.

T

hats the reason he asked vincent to hand the discipline. He has obviously foreseen himself as the arbitrator and will reduce 2 games . This is all fixed.

Then this needs to be in an actual court of law. This is so beyond ridiculous. Burn this f*cker down.

Then this needs to be in an actual court of law. This is so beyond ridiculous. Burn this f*cker down.
I hope so. But I have no idea what yee intends to do. In his statemtn he says an independent aribitrator will see through this. Does this mean he is going accept a punishment reduction from goodell and blame it on him being not independent?

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2h2 hours ago
Greg A. Bedard retweeted Barry
I didn't agree with that at all. Two separate incidents. One involved coach cleared in this, other a player.
Greg A. Bedard added,
Barry @bar545
@GregABedard You cannot punish a team because of something in 2007 that they were already punished for

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2h2 hours ago
Greg A. Bedard retweeted Christian Boddie

That's the big question. This isn't over by a long shot. Goodell loses every time he goes outside Park Avenue

Greg A. Bedard added,

Christian Boddie @CBOD14
@GregABedard Who hears the appeal? Goodell?

Page 113 "According
to Exponent, based on the most likely pressure and temperature values for the Patriots game balls
on the day of the AFC Championship Game (i.e., a starting pressure of 12.5 psi, a starting
temperature of between 67 and 71 degrees and a final temperature of 48 degrees), the Ideal Gas
Law predicts that the Patriots balls should have measured between 11.52 and 11.32 psi at the end
of the first half, just before they were brought back into the Officials Locker Room. "

The actual measurements

Page 68
Ball 1: in range
Ball 2: out of range by .12
Ball 3: in range
Ball 4: out of range by .32
Ball 5: In range
Ball 6: In range
Ball 7: In range
Ball 8: in range
Ball 9: in range
Ball 10: out of range by .42
Ball 11: In range

This is in The NFL's own report feel free to check it out, of the 11 balls not messed with by the colts 8 of the footballs were within the range expected based on the conditions and the remaining 3 balls were out of the range by an average of .28psi nearly a quarter of a psi below the limit in 3 out of 11 balls.

If the patriots were letting Air out of balls, they were doing a really piss poor job if almost all of the balls were at the legal range and the ones that were out of the legal range were out by a fraction of a psi.

I hope so. But I have no idea what yee intends to do. In his statemtn he says an independent aribitrator will see through this. Does this mean he is going accept a punishment reduction from goodell and blame it on him being not independent?

I think it means he's going to demand an independent arbitrator, he's going to get the NFLPA behind that demand, and if Goodell isn't willing to go for that then the alternative is a massive defamation lawsuit.

the defamation suit is coming regardless, and after that comes the vote of no confidence for goodell by kraft, which essentially will force him to resign after he botched ray rice, AP and now this.

goodell approval was at 29%

he just went to zero in new england. the public is split there is no middle ground

some people think the penalty is insane, some people think the penalty was not enough(i know its ****ing bonkers)

instead of trying to save face he tried to vince McMahon it and its backfiring.

Part of this 'punishment' is due to 'not being co-operative.'
On advice of counsel Brady didn't surrender his phone (nor should he absent a subpoena, nor should anyone.) On advice of counsel NE didn't give up McNally for a fifth interview.

So the NFL removes draft picks and suspends a historically great QB because they heeded the advice of counsel?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Brady will need to appeal pretty much immediately, because the clock is now ticking on the start of the season. After that appeal is heard, and lost to at least some degree, the real action will commence.

Crazy punishment is starting to gain sympathy for Pats.

SI Don Banks, Yahoo Frank Schwab, Deadspin, AV Club (yeah not a heavy hitter in sports but still) all saying Roger went off the rails.

SI Don Banks, Yahoo Frank Schwab, Deadspin, AV Club (yeah not a heavy hitter in sports but still) all saying Roger went off the rails.
I'm not sure I'd use the term 'sympathy' but I think it's making more people question exactly how this infraction could warrant the heaviest penalty in league history?

Glad to see Margary bashing it. Not that it truly matters, but I could have seen Deadspin easily jumping in on the Patriots hate to be populist (per their custom). Margary is a little too smart for that, it seems.

While casserly thinks pats got off easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back