PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Axe has fallen. Brady has been suspended for four games

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/tom-brady-suspension-patriots-deflategate-punishment/

Brady, as predicted, will appeal his sanction, according to his agent, Don Yee, who said the NFL’s ban “is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis.” The appeal will be heard by commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee, and it’s certainly possible that beyond that Brady could take the matter outside the league to the courts. There, the NFL has had a poor recent record. So there’s no guarantee that Brady will have to sit four games. There’s no guarantee he’ll sit any, with opening day four months away.
we are f*d if this happens.

How much you want to bet that the bit in Vincent's letter mentioning Cameraplacementgate and using it to boost punishment is only there because the thin-skinned morons in NFL HQ got all pissy after Belichick mocked Cameraplacegate during the Physics Experiment Press Conference?

Not in the eyes of Wells and the NFL. I definitely don't agree with the punishment, beyond ****ing steep for the circumstances but I don't think we can claim there was no evidence either. It's a damn ball man, the Chargers got popped for stickum and got a 25k fine. This was an all out witch hunt from that spineless puppet Goodell.

Vikings/Panthers got a verbal warning for heating FBs on the sideline.

Chargers fine got overturned on an appeal, PFT had a link a couple months ago.

Stealing a first round pick and ruining Bradys name is my biggest beef.
They can have the money and the fourth

If CNN were wise, they'd interview Mark Cuban to see what he thinks of the "fat pig" that is the NFL right now ......

How am I delusional? Look it up. Go over and check out the details on the Chargers Stick-Em case and you'll see they dropped the charges because we weren't cheating. They thought we were but it turned out to be a false case.

Even one of your local radio guys tried to call us out for cheating, And he didn't hothernto follow up and what thenfield Verdict/Outcome was.

Lemme know after you check it out

even ladanian Tomlinson is defending brady and saying there is no evidence to suspend brady, and many feel like LT doesn't reallykke New England

How am I delusional? Look it up. Go over and check out the details on the Chargers Stick-Em case and you'll see they dropped the charges because we weren't cheating. They thought we were but it turned out to be a false case.

Even one of your local radio guys tried to call us out for cheating, And he didn't hothernto follow up and what thenfield Verdict/Outcome was.

What were they fined for then? I don't recall a full blown investigation. I could be wrong but I don't recall 100's of employees being interviewed.

The Chargers were fined for not supplying the towels in a timely fashion, a/k/a hindering the investigation. If you can't figure out the problem with that getting rescinded, You're as witless as a Jets fan.

Bruce Allen ‏@bruceallen 41s42 seconds ago
Remember when Suh got a "clean slate" for going 32 games without a violation? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/32-games-with-no-violations-helped-save-suh-from-suspension/… but Patriots still paying for 2007.

Brady, 15 years the face of the NFL, an exemplary example of everything the NFL should want from its players. Humble in every press conference. A team first player. 1 of the 3 best quarterbacks to ever play the game... and thats not worth .1% benefit of the doubt to you?

FY Goodell.

Iam surprised they didnt suspend BB with some lame "attempt to spread misinformation through science and mona lisa vito"
I think BB would of personally knocked on Goodells door and punched him in the mouth.

All I have to say is Goodell is lucky Hernandez isn't in foxboro right now lol.

Ben Rothlesberger wasn't treated with this much contempt when he raped that girl. I am done with this league. Brady go home to your family. This league and this team doesn't deserve you. **** the NFL. As long as this piece of **** is the commissioner, I am no longer interested in watching.

How ca he possibly be the arbitrator or the designee of one! What is the point! So he sets the punishment (let's face it, he set the punishment) and then he gets to decide if its fair?

The NFL is an absolute parody.

You are wrong. The Chargers have been nailed for cheating on multiple occasions. Here are details on the case where you claim charges were "dropped":

http://yourteamcheats.com/SD#Towelgate-2012

SUMMARY: During their Oct. 15, 2012 game with the Broncos, officials questioned a towel which a member of their equipment staff carried onto the field during a timeout. While the Chargers were not penalized for their alleged use of a stickum, they had to pay a $20,000 fine for not immediately following directions of game officials, according to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego.

Unfortunately for the Colts, as of 2015, we all care a lot more about the integrity of the game and, in particular, the legality of every single game football used to play this beautiful game. So in hindsight, the Chargers' soulless attack on the fundamental competitive integrity of the game must be reassessed in relation to all of the other ball manipulation cheats in NFL history.

Explained CSNNE's Tom Curran: "They didn’t cough up towels when told to do so. They tried to hide them. The towels had sticky crap on them which – if they were being hidden – makes it more probable than not that an advantage was being gained that the Chargers wanted concealed. And the NFL’s Competition Committee laid down a new [rule]. No sticky towels."

VICTIM: Denver Broncos

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: The Chargers were fined $20,000. There was no "independent investigation." No one was suspended. No players were fines. No cell phones were demanded and no club staff were interviewed.

Since it is more probable than not that this sticky towel was used to alter the Chargers' game footballs to give them a competitive advantage -- and especially since there was deception involved -- this cheat is punished at the same level as the many other ball inflation, deflation, heating and scuffing cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back