PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Axe has fallen. Brady has been suspended for four games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Margary bashing it. Not that it truly matters, but I could have seen Deadspin easily jumping in on the Patriots hate to be populist (per their custom). Margary is a little too smart for that, it seems.

They thought it was overblown from the start. That is why they call it Ballghazi to reflect its ridiculousness of how much attention its been getting.

I'm not sure I'd use the term 'sympathy' but I think it's making more people question exactly how this infraction could warrant the heaviest penalty in league history?
Anything that starts to reflect negatively on the league, I'll take.

They thought it was overblown from the start. That is why they call it Ballghazi to reflect its ridiculousness of how much attention its been getting.
Which I like, because it also insults the tired out tradition of -GATE that morons still think is cute. Ballghazi is a little unseemly, by comparison. But anyways, the other writers on there don't hesitate to snipe at the Patriots when they can. Margary is the best of the lot; he takes shots of course, but it's different.

They may not like the Pats much, but they hate Goodell with the white hot flame of a thousand suns.

I think it means he's going to demand an independent arbitrator, he's going to get the NFLPA behind that demand, and if Goodell isn't willing to go for that then the alternative is a massive defamation lawsuit.

Goodell won't arbitrate, he'll bring in some puppet that will uphold the suspension or reduce it a game or two.

The way it sounds Brady is looking to get the suspension overturned not reduced. So it's going to Federal Judge Doty and Goodell doesn't want to be officially involved so when he is called to the stand he can just deny any involvement.

Say someone from the Pats did tamper with the footballs shouldn't the fine have been 25,000? I get suspending Brady but for the life of me why did they fine the team and dock the draft picks a 1st as well. The report as stupid as it is exonerated everyone except Brady and the two ball boys WTF should the team lose a valuable 1st round pick.

I still can't believe the amount of victimization of the Patriots in here. Well...actually I suppose I can since its PatsFans.com

But come on guys - you guys cheated and got caught. Everyone who wasn't a Patriots fan saw this punishment coming, unfortunately you guys have been spending too much time saying that the NFL is out to get you (not sure where that's coming from, your owner and the commish were best friends before this incident) rather than realizing that your team broke the rules and got caught red handed.

Are you f**King braindead? They didn't cheat. The science PROVED they didn't cheat. And that science was included in the report. Wells chose to ignore it.

The Patriots didn't break ANY rule. Not one. Not a single one. In fact, the report EXONERATED the team.
Only a complete imbecile would think that the report showed anything else.

kangaroo-judges_2.jpg

The Two Stooges - Roger Goodell and Troy Vincent Pass Judgment on the Patriots for Framegate.
[Ted Wells pictured on Courtroom wall]

Hey now.. Don't go around insulting Capt. Kangaroo like that.. He's smarter than Goodell or Vincent or anyone on the NFL Senior Operations staff, for that matter.. He knows you can't punish someone if they didn't do anything wrong.

Whether Goodell hear's it or not, it's going to the Court in Minnesota.. As will Kraft's case against the league..

Bingo. It will be an interesting to say the least process. They better pray Brady gets 4. I thought TB would be super motivated for 5. Now, I hate to see what he plans on doing. I bet receivers work even HARDER to get open. Blocking better. Better reads. Everything. I'd be scared of that. And an even more pissed off Brady and Gronk? Edelman too? Yikes..

Got to love Heath Evens, he was on t.v. telling a story about how when he was with the saints, he was telling Sean Payton about how the Saints needed to prepare better if they were to beat the Pats because the way he was seeing the Saints prepare was not comparable to the Pats and the Pats prepare better and leave no stone unturned.

Fact is, the Patriots are just better prepared and better coached than any other team irregardless of a slightly deflated football.

I remember him talking about how the level of personal preparation was higher with the Pats than the Saints with the exception of certain players. The "Vilma's, Will Smith's, etc" as he put it.

Page 113 "According
to Exponent, based on the most likely pressure and temperature values for the Patriots game balls
on the day of the AFC Championship Game (i.e., a starting pressure of 12.5 psi, a starting
temperature of between 67 and 71 degrees and a final temperature of 48 degrees), the Ideal Gas
Law predicts that the Patriots balls should have measured between 11.52 and 11.32 psi at the end
of the first half, just before they were brought back into the Officials Locker Room. "

The actual measurements

Page 68
Ball 1: in range
Ball 2: out of range by .12
Ball 3: in range
Ball 4: out of range by .32
Ball 5: In range
Ball 6: In range
Ball 7: In range
Ball 8: in range
Ball 9: in range
Ball 10: out of range by .42
Ball 11: In range

This is in The NFL's own report feel free to check it out, of the 11 balls not messed with by the colts 8 of the footballs were within the range expected based on the conditions and the remaining 3 balls were out of the range by an average of .28psi nearly a quarter of a psi below the limit in 3 out of 11 balls.

If the patriots were letting Air out of balls, they were doing a really piss poor job if almost all of the balls were at the legal range and the ones that were out of the legal range were out by a fraction of a psi.

And actually Exponent did a piss poor job of simulating the effect of the rain compared the Headsmart Labs analysis. Headsmart estimated that the effect of rain on leather (and evaporative cooling when brought into a warm, dry environment) would add another 0.75 psi of pressure loss on top of temperature change which would bring every single Patriots ball into the expected range.

Wells and his cronies were apparently too dense to realize this. Not everybody gets good value from a Harvard education, apparently. He should see if he could get a partial refund for the basic science part.

And actually Exponent did a piss poor job of simulating the effect of the rain compared the Headsmart Labs analysis. Headsmart estimated that the effect of rain on leather (and evaporative cooling when brought into a warm, dry environment) would add another 0.75 psi of pressure loss on top of temperature change which would bring every single Patriots ball into the expected range.

Wells and his cronies were apparently too dense to realize this. Not everybody gets good value from a Harvard education, apparently. He should see if he could get a partial refund for the basic science part.
One could argue Wells achieved his desired end; billable hours.

The basis of facts in the Well's report to everyone pouting their chests about how the Pats deserved more and Fuhrer Goodell chiming the "Integrity of the Game" with his obvious smear campaign of the Pats is about as believable as the acting in a Cinemax "After Dark" Skin Flick.......Sad thing is these people that buy into this diarrhea actually voteo_O

The punchline and team penalty imposed is a tragedy to Pats Nation in lieu of the Jets, Browns and Falcons respective ball-washings....I mean Helen Keller could make out that they are doing this "just because they can"

I don't how Kraft could not declare war finally and realize he's been played like a dodgeball in gym class......If it wasn't for Don Yee right now I'd be on a hefty Jager bender

:) You need to see what these Exponent guys got paid before saying they didn't get value out of their education.

BTW - on MSN, "Morning" Joe Scarborough has been mocking this "-gate." He was extra-mocky this morning... brought up the Ray Rice comparison.

Heath Evans last night on NFLN used the Suh comparison - he can punch guys, kick guys, right on TV, in front of the whole world, and his suspension didn't stick? Said this earlier... Evans was right on the verge of saying "this is nuckin futz!" about five times, then said, I quote, "I know who I work for, and for all the kids out there you have to show..." etc. etc. etc.

As the show went on, they had some woman in a tight dress continue to progressively morph the charge from "more probable than not" had "general awareness" to "if Tom Brady's deflating balls" or somesuch. Troy Brown called in and said it's a crock. Heath said it's a crock. One other former player said it's a crock but was more like "Love Tom like a brother but if he did it he should have said I like balls a certain way and faced the music... although the Tom Brady I know would NEVER cheat..." So he was kind of hot and cold.

Interesting thing was the NFLN pat-bashers, changing the charge subtly throughout the show. Then they went from "beyond whether he did it or not..." to how Brady and the Pats "obstructed" the investigation by not handing over Brady's cell & not making McNulty available for a fourth time. They even brought up how Goodell had to be disproportionate to counter the perception that he's friends with Kraft... and they brought up how Vincent made the point in the letter to TFB how he's not immune because he's pretty much the GOAT... The NFL is as much as admitting that their criteria were not about the "punishment" fitting the "crime" (sic).

Feh. I think there's much more of a counter-narrative out there on this than on the last anti-Patriots crusade... we'll see the Brady suspension case go forward, and we'll see if the team itself can protest the draft pick thefts -- because that's what it is. Straight up. Just like that ring that Putin stole.

I don't think Kraft likes being in the position he's in, and I know it's not his style to go ballistic in statements. He left his options open and you can bet that his legal guys are looking through every agreement he's party to as an owner and parsing the options.

If he hasn't got any, fine, he hasn't got any. He's called the process ridiculous (but apparently didn't cuss enough or something) so you guys hate him... but I'm not so sure he's done. (If he can't win it, that's one thing -- and by the way, it's what a few posters here say.)

I think it's time for Kraft to steal from Putin..........the ways of the KGB and make the League office disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back