PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 NFL Combine Thread

Haha, I agree. Sanchez can't hit a Stephen Hill doing jumping jacks in the endzone, so I wouldn't worry about him hitting Patterson deep. :)

The problem with Patterson is you don't have to hit him deep. Doesn't take much to hand him the football and watch him run. He's a 6'3" Tavon Austin.

WR group 2 time, lot of names here.

Just noticed that Ryan Swope has the smallest hands of this class at 8.5. Marquise Goodwin has the second smallest at 8.63. Ace Sanders is at 8.88. Not good for Swope.

Interested in Conner Vernon today, particularly his agility test scores.

The problem with Patterson is you don't have to hit him deep. Doesn't take much to hand him the football and watch him run. He's a 6'3" Tavon Austin.

I'll have to watch him again. He looks fast, quick, and makes sick jukes but the routes just look sloppy.

The great thing is there are so many wideouts that they can't all just rise out of our reach. He's currently #10 (66 overall) on CBS and all 9 above him I'd be fine with in some sort of way. (Although I have no idea who Dobson is)

Dobson has been rising lately. Marshall kid. Team captain; small hands for his size (9). Measured pretty good at a solid 6'3 210 lbs. He has the tall lanky body type of a typical X . NFL.com compares him to a Sidney Rice type, which is just fine with me.

I'll have to watch him again. He looks fast, quick, and makes sick jukes but the routes just look sloppy.

You're right, the routes are sloppy and need a lot of work. But unlike Stephen Hill who is a pure WR and unable to fall back on anything, Patterson can be used a returner, on screens and reverses etc. A team can still get him the ball while he's learning how to run better routes.

Yep, CP is a 4.33 guy without the stumble, he's off our radar.

4.37 for Cordarrelle Patterson. Amazing for his height and weight.

That should solidify him as a Top 10 player.

Patton just made some money with that 4.46.

WTF denard robinson 4.34?

Hunter with an 11.4 broad jump. Dude is an explosive leaper

4.34 for Denard Robinson, good time could be useful for a team if he can ever get comfortable at WR.

Ace Sanders 4.53....Excellent

4.34 for Denard Robinson, good time could be useful for a team if he can ever get comfortable at WR.

I see him as a skatback, 3rd down type. He's 199lb. Used to running the ball. Over 700 carries in college. WR is a much more difficult transition I believe.

Rod Smith 4.44 with that size and big hands could be useful, had him in my first mock.

Markus baby!!!

All top 10 WRs are sub 4.5 guys

Kenny Stills 4.28 :eek:

Ryan Swope - 4.38 = very good

Swope with a 4.38 forty, give me a break. He'll be a 2nd round guy now.

When it comes to speed, at least, these WRs are a perfect intersection of need and quality.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back