PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a random thought about the Jets owner.

If he went to a bar and met a woman and said "hi, I'm Woody Johnson", would that help him or hurt him?

Just had a random thought about the Jets owner.

If he went to a bar and met a woman and said "hi, I'm Woody Johnson", would that help him or hurt him?

If someone came up to me in a bar and told me their name was "Woody Johnson", I'd probably assume they were making bad penis jokes.

lV9JT.gif

I was just telling my mother-in-law, who is from NY and is a Jets and Giants fan (boo, I know) that Patriots fans were laughing when they acquired Tebow. I'll say it again - what could they have been thinking? If you weren't going to use him as your QB (or as anything else for that matter, except one 2 yard play per game), why trade for him? Why undermine the guy you already have? Way to destroy your own organization!

please, please Rexy hold out for one more week.

I put all my money on week 7 for the Sanchez roulette wheel answer of when does Tebow come in? ;)

If Rex is going to put Tebow in, he's probably waiting until after the Patriots game. I mean, if there is one team Tebow did not play well against last year, it's the Patriots.

Mark Sanchez is the first quarterback since the immortal Stoney Case, then of the 1999 Ravens, with four straight games of 25 or more passes and a completion percentage below 50 percent. Mark Sanchez is sporting a sickly season completion percentage of 48.4. That's the lowest through five games with a minimum of 100 attempts since JaMarcus Russell in 2009.

************. I knew he was bad and all......but wow.

What make it worse is that in no time in the history of the league have the rules been more pass friendly.

It's everyone else's fault. Sanchez can't be expected to complete half his passes when his receiver group is terrible.

I'm sure Brady sucked in 2006, when he had a terrible group around him. He was ranked something like 31st in QB rating, right?

What's that? Ahh....

Ok, so he had a 24:12 TD/INT ratio, completed 61.8% of his passes and had an 87.9 rating. I'm sure he still sucked, somehow.

/Sanchez defender

It's everyone else's fault. Sanchez can't be expected to complete half his passes when his receiver group is terrible.

I'm sure Brady sucked in 2006, when he had a terrible group around him. He was ranked something like 31st in QB rating, right?

What's that? Ahh....

Ok, so he had a 24:12 TD/INT ratio, completed 61.8% of his passes and had an 87.9 rating. I'm sure he still sucked, somehow.

/Sanchez defender

Yep. It'd be one thing if he just sucked; nothing wrong with that, odds of being an elite NFL athlete aren't exactly in your favor. That's why I feel sorry for someone like Matt Cassel because I assume the burden of not only sucking but being well aware of that fact is a heavy burden to bear (unless, of course, you care more about recompense than your reputation or the game).

I don't know whether Sanchez is a lousy person in general or his attitude is just a result of being brought up in the dysfunctional Jets organization (and being around players like Santonio Holmes), but his eschewing all responsibility for his and the team's failings makes him an immensely unlikable figure and, accordingly, I hope they either continue to crash and burn or replace him with Tebow and find a greater measure of success (not against us, obviously) so they draft lower in the first round next year.

Fireman ed had a full head of hair until he started watching the jests, he rubbed it all off. he should sue. He tool his hat off hoping no one would notice him.

Last edited:
Sanchez is not good but their HC and Mgr will escape making him the scapegoat. That team is not well coached and Rex is just a D coordinator who has no interest in improving his offense. He just wants to have an OC who will take care of the offense and in the end blame the OC the QB and everyone else but himself. When a head coach says he didnt why his best wideout was pulled from the game last yr in miami , that tells you a lot...

Maybe Fireman Ed will switch back to being a Miami fan seems that sounds slightly less depressing?

Last edited:
I was just telling my mother-in-law, who is from NY and is a Jets and Giants fan (boo, I know) that Patriots fans were laughing when they acquired Tebow. I'll say it again - what could they have been thinking? If you weren't going to use him as your QB (or as anything else for that matter, except one 2 yard play per game), why trade for him? Why undermine the guy you already have? Way to destroy your own organization!

I think the owner had more to do with this than Wrecks or Tannenbaum. It was a publicity grab.

Maybe Fireman Ed will switch back to being a Miami fan seems that sounds slightly less depressing?

In a sane and reasonable world, people would prefer death by hot oil being poured down their throats to being Jets fans.

I think the owner had more to do with this than Wrecks or Tannenbaum. It was a publicity grab.

You're probably right, but even so, "what could they have been thinking?!" What kind of publicity did they think would happen? Now every week they don't put him in they look like Buffoons. Then when they put him in and he stinks, they'll look like Buffoons. Buffoons and Maroons down there in the swamps of New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes