PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 Combine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: * The 2012 Combine Drills!! *

He's a one down player and a potential second rounder. where's the fit?

In today's game, he's a likely two down player, and he is seen as a day three pick. I'd take him in the 5th round if we can get one from somewhere.

Cam Johnson another with lateral quickness. And Chandler Jones looked good.

nasty scars on coples

Are you talking about those things on his arms? This is what WikiAnswers says about them

It isn't a scar. Its a "Brand" that the Omega Psi Phi fraternity incorporated members use. They are the first Black fraternity founded at a Historically Black College. Quinton is a member of The Omega Psi Phi FRaternity, incorporated a one hundred year old organization that has members such as UNC's own Vince Carter and Michael Jordan. A fraternity of black men that stand for Manhood,scholarship, perserverance and Uplift. He is an Omega Man. not a que dawg.

In today's game, he's a likely two down player, and he is seen as a day three pick. I'd take him in the 5th round if we can get one from somewhere.

I don't think I've ever seen him as a third day pick, top 3rd at worst. I'd reconsider if he's day three but he can't defend the run at all - BB doesn't go with one-trick ponies which is exactly what he is.

Disappointed with Akiem Hicks, was hoping for a better showing. Impressed with Andre Branch and Tyrone Crawford.

I don't think I've ever seen him as a third day pick, top 3rd at worst. I'd reconsider if he's day three but he can't defend the run at all - BB doesn't go with one-trick ponies which is exactly what he is.

Disappointed with Akiem Hicks, was hoping for a better showing. Impressed with Andre Branch and Tyrone Crawford.

I agree about Hicks. I've been disappointed with with effort in some of the drills. Brockers looks much better in the drills and I'm continuing to be impressed with Cricks athletecism

Here we go, conversion guys up

Curry not running through the drills because he is apparently hurt. Must have been during his 40

For any of you Jamaar Jarrett fans, unfortunately I don't think he can play OLB. He looked ugly there.

Cam looked smooth and loose there

Irvin and Ingram again leading the way. Ingram's going to go to a one gap 3-4 team and absolutely dominate.

Ingram looks really smooth in those LB drills. I was very pleasantly surprised by Tyrone Crawford in those drills. Going to give him another look. Branch and Johnson confirmed their 1-2 position status for me.

Does Melvin Ingram jump Quinton Coples?

and

Really looking forward to Hightower's 40. Part of me wants him to do really well to discount his critics, part of me wants him to do Spikes, Ayers poorly so we can get him in the second because I don't think we'll have a first round grade on him.

Does Melvin Ingram jump Quinton Coples?

I think it all depends on scheme. I would give Coples the advantage because of the 4-3 teams between 5-10 like Miami, Carolina and Buffalo.

I think it all depends on scheme. I would give Coples the advantage because of the 4-3 teams between 5-10 like Miami, Carolina and Buffalo.

Ah but Jacksonville sit at #7 and need a pass rusher - and I don't see Gene Smith liking Coples and his questionable character/effort.

Ah but Jacksonville sit at #7 and need a pass rusher - and I don't see Gene Smith liking Coples and his questionable character/effort.

That's true. I also think they could be a player for Blackmon as well because they really need some weapons for Gabbert (not that I think it would help them much because he is a flat out bust).

Wow. Shea Mclellin. 4.65, third fastest 10 split. Everyone sits up and takes notice.

Whitney Mercilus makes me want to be gay. what a body!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents