PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank goodness the Patriots WON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back for a week in NOLA and Mardi Gras, where people dance in the streets, dress as they want and many get drunk in some very moderate temperatures... was waiting for a bus one day there and some loudmouth woman who was upset because she had to wait to get to Wal Mart, was loudly exclaiming how she wished NOLA would get some snow.. I told her she could not handle the snow.

Locals were whining one morning because it was 42 degrees early, but warmed up to 70 degrees....

Say that people in the South don't know what cold is, by all means, but don't tell people in New Orleans that they aren't tough enough to deal with bad weather.

Katrina.jpeg

I'm sick of it. I have to go dig out my car and I have no idea where to put this crap...and more snow is coming tomorrow they say. In my 43 years on this planet, this is the first time that the thought of moving to Florida has crossed my mind. Thank the Football Gods the Pats won the Super Bowl. I have something to watch on these cold snowy days to put me in a good mood. :)

It's also the first time I've regretted living in a city. I don't know if I could ever live outside of one, but living inside a snowy one is driving me nuts. To say we've run out of places to put the snow would be the greatest of understatements. I have to walk about twenty feet with each shovel's worth of snow I pick up at this point. This winter has truly been humbling & tiring, and I never thought of living outside New England until the past few weeks.

That said - I'll take any miserable, back-breaking winter mother nature wants to throw our way if there's a championship parade sandwiched into it.

Woohooo, I'm gonna get ocean-front property here on the eastern side of beautiful Worcester!
You plan to live 5,000 years?

:cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:
That might have been one of the more significant individual plays in Pats history ranking right up with the snow bowl kick, and the 2001 superbowl kick.

Because the Pats won, the truth about the shoddy sensationalism of deflategate is fast coming to light and its earning its well deserved place in the bowels of history. I even sense a slight shift in how "cameraplacegate" is being viewed across the nation as more and more fans start to understand what actually happened.

I fear the Pats were one yd away from likely being perceived as the "cheaters" who got what they deserved and the pressure to report deflategate as likely being true would have increased. And this doesn't begin to talk about the avalanche of negativity from our own mediots questioning EVERY decision, and demanding answers to what went wrong....again, that we would have had to endure for the next 7 months.

No Tune, we owe Malcom Butler and great debt. He saved an entire region and the broad Patriot Nation fan base from months of debilitating depression and angst. Though I have heard rumors that big Pharma has put a hit out on Butler since they blame him for costing them 100's of millions in depression medication sales. ;)

And it will be all that more delicious when we get that Goodell apology :)

This is a fitting thread because I COMPLETELY agree with the poster. I have had to shovel non stop over the past few weeks.

Every time I pick up a shovel I just think "The Pats WON!!!" and I can't help but smile. It keeps me in good spirtis in spite of the cold until another thought comes to mind "but why can't they win AND we have nice weather?"

Haven't won a Super Bowl since spygate....yes we have. Check.

Haven't won a Super Bowl since deflategate...again, yes we have. Check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back