PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Television coverage for Pats at Raiders, week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a tv tuner card....can you get channels from Boston if you live in Columbus Ohio?
A TV tuner card is only going to allow you to get whatever channels are available from your source. So if you live in Columbus, you'll only get what is available there.

chargers are blacked out again in sd. patriots at raiders 1 pm cbs. thank you crappy sports fans in sd.

My money is still on the LA Jaguars.

LA Chargers is a close second.

Looks like LA Vikings is a distant third.

if anyone beats the chargers to LA, spanos will be TICKED !

I think its funny how most of the nation is getting Packers/Broncos as the CBS late game when the hype on ESPN and NFL Network has been on Pats/Raiders. Great job CBS (and the NFL) on that decision. I suspect anyways by at least the third quarter they'll switch the game to Pats/Raiders due to the Packers gets a three plus touchdown lead on the Broncos.

Last edited:
I think its funny how most of the nation is getting Packers/Broncos as the CBS late game when the hype on ESPN and NFL Network has been on Pats/Raiders. Great job CBS (and the NFL) on that decision. I suspect anyways by at least the third quarter they'll switch the game to Pats/Raiders due to the Packers gets a three plus touchdown lead on the Broncos.

It hadn't dawned on me till just now, but I do have a theory as to why most CBS stations are broadcasting the Packers-Broncos rather than the Pats-Raiders game.

CBS broadcast the AFC and Fox broadcasts the NFC; in inter-conference matchups the broadcast goes to the network of the visiting team. So Denver at Green Bay represents one of only two possible chances for CBS to broadcast a Packers game. A Green Bay game should be a big ratings draw because they have a large fan base, plus they are the defending Super Bowl champs.

The only other chance CBS gets to air a Packers game is December 11 versus Oakland, but that's an early game. Since CBS has four other games on at the same time, there's no way they can give it as much national coverage as they can today.

So really it wasn't as crazy and irrational of a decision as I first thought it was - even though it sucks for Pats fans.

I will still say though that the markets outside the Miami area that had a choice, and chose to broadcast the Dolphins-Chargers game instead of one of the two other games is a real head-scratcher.

They two nimrods doing the Pats game today were horrible.. I lost track of how many times they didn't which team was playing the Raiders...

Then there was Shannon Sharpe saying "The Raiders are really putting a hurt on the Raiders" after the Pats went up 31 to 13...

They two nimrods doing the Pats game today were horrible.. I lost track of how many times they didn't which team was playing the Raiders...

Then there was Shannon Sharpe saying "The Raiders are really putting a hurt on the Raiders" after the Pats went up 31 to 13...

LOL. He is an idiot. I remember, in the 1pm game, he came in as a quick recap of the other game announcement, and he was mumbling and stuttering and CBS showed him mercy and cut it off LOL.

I suppose that I should be grateful for small mercies, then, because sometime over the weekend
WHP in Harrisburg PA switched from Pats-Faiders to GB-Donkeys, so I had to go to the bar
to watch the game, but was unable to listen to the audios.

Shannon Sharpe is indeed a marbles-mouth, and those gangstas at the NFLN's Gameday
recap show are beyond words bad.

Thought the announce crew were terrible. Sounded like they were broadcasting on behalf of the Raiders radio network. They were obsessed with how Jason Campbell was having his way with the Pats D. Seemed oblivious to Brady and Welker shreading the Raiders secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft