PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow's Stat Line: 10 completions for 316 yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Tebow is now the greatest post-season passer in NFL history.

His 125.8 passer rating blows away former record holder Aaron Rodgers' 112.6 passer rating and dwarfs Tom Brady's pedestrian 85.7 post-season career passer rating.

Tebow also holds the NFL career post-season YPA record with 15.0 yards per attempt - a favorite of the boys at Cold Hard Football Facts.

This guy, who has never lost a playoff game, is re-writing the NFL record books while you scoff.

Tim Tebow's an awesome QB and I admire him for his staying true to who he is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he and TFB develop (or maybe already have developed to some degree) a kind of friendship or whatever, much like TFB had(s?) with Peytie.

That said, we take him to the cleaners this weekend:D The Pats aren't going to lose this one, TFB's not about to lose. One and done isn't even an option to this team, this year, imho anyway. I'm not being a homer really, I just don't see this team one and done and if I'm wrong I'll be back to admit my folly, KoolAid in hand:halo:

Will it be 40-14 or a squeaker, I don't know. I think the Pats go after Tebow though, try and confuse/rattle him as much or as best that they can-the Pats have usually been pretty good at that. Gilette will be rocking too:rocker:
Nerves, nerves, nerves, count on it!

But he is an awesome QB and will likely only get even better with time and experience, something that he can gain more of - NEXT year:D

I have noticed that the Broncos seems to bomb it and never give Tebow short, easy completions. Is it b/c the Tebow struggles on these throws and the coaching staff wants to minimize them? Is it b/c their coaching is just plain bad? Do Fox and Elway still hate Tebow and are trying to make him fail?

IDK but I'm glad that's how they are doing things. IMO we will double the deep patterns and force Tebow to beat us with the weak part of his game, those short to intermediate throws. Then Tebow can:

1. Force it into double coverage and we have a chance for INTs
2. Make throws he's bad at, giving us many chances for INTs
3. Consistently hit those short / medium throws and give our defense problems, but we'd probly still win

And Tom Brady is the reversal of Tebow.....this weekend Tom throws for 613 Yards :cool:

He completed 10/21 for 316 yards......Tebow was able to complete so many passes deep into very soft coverage.....because Pitt decided to take Polamalu and bring him up to the line alot leaving Ike Taylor to get torched a few times. He made one good throw into deep coverages.....the rest had the CB well away from the WR allowing him or probably any decent QB to get the ball to them. It was one of the softest D schemes I have ever seen Pitt play. I really think that Pitt was SO banged up on D....THEY did not think they could win. You watch the faces of those players ...very little emotion......I think they knew they couldn't get it done....although they almost could have...Anyways, I think people are overblowing the passing stats that Tebow amassed......

I really think the Steelers are just ****y. Just as they insulted us after beating us, I am sure their defenders did not even pay attention to any thing else that Tebow did, probably because of the last game he had vs KC.

I am glad the steelers are saying that is not what they saw on film with Tebow and had not answer for him. Very happy.

I thought the Broncos' game plan was really great. They used the Steelers' aggressiveness against them. I'm a bit surprised the Steelers didn't think their front 7 alone could stop the run. Either that or they didn't think Tebow could complete long passes.

The 10 completions for 316 yards is even more incredible when you remember the Tebow got two long PI calls as well.

I thought the Broncos' game plan was really great. They used the Steelers' aggressiveness against them. I'm a bit surprised the Steelers didn't think their front 7 alone could stop the run. Either that or they didn't think Tebow could complete long passes.

The 10 completions for 316 yards is even more incredible when you remember the Tebow got two long PI calls as well.

He also came within a couple of inches of completing a long one to Rosario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST