Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 yd RB vs an underachieving WR. That is an awful comparison. Tate did very little last year and has not progressed. Price, on the other hand, has shown continuous improvement throughout training camp and it culminated with an outstanding effort last night. wasn't it Price that took the time to go work out with Brady in the offseason?
The point was less about BJGE and more about puttting too much stock into one preseason game. There is a long list of guy who put up crazy #'s in preseason games to only disappear in the regular season.

I dont know how Tate got ahead of Price.How he beat him out.I much rather they throw Price out there in his place!!!

IIRC, Price missed a lot of OTA's because althought he was drafted, his school wouldn't let him leave? I don't remember the specifics but he had a lot less time than the other rookies to learn anything last year.

The point was less about BJGE and more about puttting too much stock into one preseason game. There is a long list of guy who put up crazy #'s in preseason games to only disappear in the regular season.

It's not about just one game. It's about Tate's performance up to now. It's about Brady's confidence in Tate (or lack thereof). It's about all of training camp, where Price has put in a stellar camp. It's much more than one game.

Ever consider your assumptions may be off base and that some of us have actually been debating these two for a long time now, including but not limited to following their progress in TC? :confused:

IIRC, Price missed a lot of OTA's because althought he was drafted, his school wouldn't let him leave? I don't remember the specifics but he had a lot less time than the other rookies to learn anything last year.
His school graduated late. Also the offense they ran wasn't anything like they run in the pro's. Most people expected him to sit for a year.

I envision Taylor Price to be a player like Miles Austin.....not a big star but a player you can count on in a pinch when the pocket is closing in around you.

Tate,like Butler at this point in time needs another year for a true assessment,otherwise it would be unjust.

Last edited:
It's not about just one game. It's about Tate's performance up to now. It's about Brady's confidence in Tate (or lack thereof). It's about all of training camp, where Price has put in a stellar camp. It's much more than one game.

Can you link to where Brady (or BB) states he has no confidence in Tate?

This is true but how long have we watched Tate now ? Do you feel at this point he is a worthy #2 or 3 ? For some reason... I don't.

<3 Price pick up- what most ppl don't know is TP was forced by an NFL Rule that stated he could not practice until he graduated. Since, Ohio had a late graduation Taylor missed a crucial 3-4 weeks of training camp last season. Most ppl are oblivious to this:eek:

Tate buh bye like u had a chance:bricks:

Last edited:
Not to mention that Price has the speed to be a vertical threat in this offense.I hope he gets some reps with TB!!!I wanna see if Tate has improved first on the field.

Not to mention that Price has the speed to be a vertical threat in this offense.I hope he gets some reps with TB!!!I wanna see if Tate has improved first on the field.

He is really fast but he doesnt neccasarily have "football" speed though. He runs downfield but struggles to get open to me for the most part.

I like the guy and all but I don't he's a true deep threat.

ppl said price looked slow in TC. He doesn't have breakaway speed I admit that he however has nice early speed and is quick out of the gate I like this kid I have been rooting for him to usurp Tate. Check out my earlier post in how TP missed his first 4 weeks of training camp his rookie season b/c of a bogus graduation rule.

For some reason people that love Price absolutely despise Tate.

because Tate come on the heels of the Chad Jackson busted draft pick...they see Tate in the same light. Price has been pretty good from the get go imo and will see the field this year

Speed is nice but its how u get off the line and if u can get good separation.

<3 Price pick up- what most ppl don't know is TP was forced by an NFL Rule that stated he could not practice until he graduated. Since, Ohio had a late graduation Taylor missed a crucial 3-4 weeks of training camp last season. Most ppl are oblivious to this:eek:

Tate buh bye like u had a chance:bricks:

Eh, not really. It was discussed quite a bit last year when he was drafted and from there on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes