PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tabloid news on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunescribe said:
That's very well said, B.G. With your background in this legal process, please share a bit more if you can: What factors will the judge weigh in deciding whether BB can be deposed? If he is deposed, what specifically does that mean? How might the case unfold from then-on in a way that could follow BB and the team all season?

Hi Tune!

Here is the legal definition of a deposition:

deposition

An important tool used in pretrial discovery where one party questions the other party or a witness in the case. Often conducted in an attorney's office, a deposition requires that all questions be answered under oath and be recorded by a court reporter, who creates a deposition transcript. Increasingly, depositions are being videotaped. Any deponent may be represented by an attorney. At trial, deposition testimony can be used to cast doubt on (impeach) a witness's contradictory testimony or to refresh the memory of a suddenly forgetful witness. If a deposed witness is unavailable when the trial takes place -- for example, if he or she has died -- the deposition may be read to the jury in place of live testimony.

In our case, the judge will have to decide if BB can provide information that will clear the wife of the adultery allegations or support the husband's claim that the alleged affair contributed to the dissolution of his marriage. Keep in mind all of this was brought out by the husband to avoid having to pay alimony and keep his wife from getting custody of his kids. It is in the wife's best interests to PROVE this was an innocent friendship to keep her chances alive in getting full custody of the kids, child support and alimony payments.

The worst part of this is that the lawyers can ask him any questions they want and he has to answer them, although he can invoke his 5th amendment rights to avoid self-incrimination. Again, this stuff is public record and the Track Girls would have access to it.....that is if the judge refuses to seal the documents and records in this case. BB would need to meet with his attorneys to go over possible questions and what the answers to those questions should be......the lawyers can force him to do this (the deposition) in New Jersey. The deposition, once started can take DAYS.....All in all, a pretty big, time consuming mess for all involved! I hardly doubt these attorneys are going to factor the Patriots NFL schedule into their calendars.....yet another big disaster looming on the horizon!

I hope Dante is stocking up on his sleep.......he may have a bigger role as assistant HC! Plus factor in a rookie DC and a practically rookie OC, this is a recipe for disaster!

Last edited:
The deposition, once started can take DAYS.....All in all, a pretty big, time consuming mess for all involved! I hardly doubt these attorneys are going to factor the Patriots NFL schedule into their calendars.....yet another big disaster looming on the horizon!

BG,
I also work in the legal field and think you are being a bit dramatic. Maybe in the OJ case depos took days, normal depo time in a case such as this is about 2-4 hours. And my attorney travels all over the place to depose witnesses, they take into account schedules and adjust theirs accordingly. Doctors are the worst, they make themselves available usually one day a week, almost always after 5:00 to make the attorneys even more reluctant to travel 400 miles to take their deposition, as the attorney I work for will be doing next week. He probably will be deposed, but if it was simply a friendship he really has nothing to worry about. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

There are no allegations of adultery. The husband is sueing on the grounds of extreme mental cruelty based on a perception he has (and believe me if he had any evidence he'd have presented it already) that gifts and telephone contact constitute the foundation of his perception.

As you said, "Keep in mind all of this was brought out by the husband to avoid having to pay alimony and keep his wife from getting custody of his kids. It is in the wife's best interests to PROVE this was an innocent friendship to keep her chances alive in getting full custody of the kids, child support and alimony payments." Although I'm not sure she has to prove anything unless her husband has a lot more actual evidence than was offered in the filing and his buddie's sentiments that somehow he's been screwed.

The judge has already sealed the documents for just that reason. I'm sure he's probably been down this road a thousand times before. And given a construction workers salary and the going rate for divorce attorney's I doubt this deposition will take more than an hour or two, and the judge may well require them to depose Bill here at his convenience via the marvels of modern technology if he even allows the deposition at all. Bill will have some pretty high priced and high powered representation who may well preemptively quash this request at hearing, so unless JETS fans of the Borgesesque Boston media set up a legal fund for this putz.....this thing will likely fizzle out in a he said she said.

patsacolachick said:
The deposition, once started can take DAYS.....All in all, a pretty big, time consuming mess for all involved! I hardly doubt these attorneys are going to factor the Patriots NFL schedule into their calendars.....yet another big disaster looming on the horizon!

BG,
I also work in the legal field and think you are being a bit dramatic.

LOL You don't say.....:rolleyes:

desi-patsfan said:
The joy of being a celebrity. You cannot have a friend who is married incase that marriage ends and you get blamed for it. Even if that friend denies that you were anything but friends, her close friends also deny anything has happened. And the person accusing is the ex-husband.

Agree with these thoughts. This seems more like a "No good deed goes unpunished" type of thing. Betcha the husband is a Jets fan,:rolleyes: looking for a big payday for his post traumatic marital shock syndrome!

AStack75 said:
You serious guy? Gail and Laura have been the gossip columnists of Boston for many years now. Now that they picked on Belichick you noticed? Get over it. Pro sports athletes, and yes, coaches cheat on their wives.

Yes he has kids....he HAD a wife...and yes he has a very PUBLIC life.

Would you have preferred another picture of a tunnel collapse or some pictures of Israelis firing missles on the front page? I'm sure you are always this critical on front page pictures on the Herald as you are today.

Well, BB is responsible for his behavior. Are those sleazemeisters responsible for theirs?

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/gals_gone_wild

"I ask Curtis if he’s worried that someone will make a call and twist our lunch into something unseemly: My god, I saw Chet Curtis at Game On! He was hand-feeding calamari to a reporter.

“Nah,” he says. “But I might be if you were a woman.”

He’s only half-joking. Six years ago, when Curtis and Channel 5 anchor Natalie Jacobson were in the midst of their divorce, the Track ran a story about Curtis having dinner with a gaggle of young babes at a restaurant near his Marina Bay home. They dubbed him “Mr. Dating Machine.” Curtis’s dates, it turned out, were his two daughters, his niece, and his niece’s friend. The Track printed a retraction, but the damage was done. “A lot of people think it’s funny when something is in there,” says Curtis. “It is, until it’s about you. It can be hurtful publicity.” "

Last edited:
This is defintley one of the wierdest stories I've ever seen in the NFL.

Ofcourse you know the trolls going to bump in with a stupid comment. Its not even close to the weirdest story. You problably didnt even read the articles which are BS gossip from one Boston newspaper. Its all most likely BS, minor at the moment and not within a million years of the weirdest stories in the NFL. Ofcourse, why isnt ESPN posting it? Why not all these other major sites? Why because its a claim by a sleezy husband, not anything to take much note of at the moment.

Last edited:
HugeCrushOnBB said:
Excuse me. But where do you get off making nasty comments about Bill's Girl? She didn't bail on Bill.....she was just venting. She was shocked and upset and so was I. Her only mistake was venting to fellow board members she thought would be a little more sympathetic to our plight (hence our screen-names). Cut her some some slack.

And don't give me any crap because I don't post often enough. I get here when I can.
Oh, cry me a river, toots.

I don't know where you and your ilk got the perverted idea that the Internet is a 'safe place' where you're entitled to some kind of message board back rub for posting your inane pap.

You knee-jerk post something out there for the world to see, you open yourself up for people to react to it. If you don't want anybody to challenge your statements, particularly the kind of blather you and yours traffic in, then save the keystrokes. Grow up and get over it.

I'm sympathetic all right. Sympathetic to the serious, mature football fans who enjoy exchanging their thoughts in venues like this, only to have to wade through miles and miles of childish overreation and vapid, uninformed, Star Magazine-like frontrunning celebrity stalking.

Slack? Not a freaking chance.

Kdo5 said:
Ofcourse you know the trolls going to bump in with a stupid comment. Its not even close to the weirdest story. You problably didnt even read the articles which are BS gossip from one Boston newspaper. Its all most likely BS, minor at the moment and not within a million years of the weirdest stories in the NFL. Ofcourse, why isnt ESPN posting it? Why not all these other major sites? Why because its a claim by a sleezy husband, not anything to take much note of at the moment.

What bump? He made his comment less than 10 minutes after RayClay yet you bump the thread 12 hours later to post an insult.

Bill's Girl said:
The husband's lawyer is looking to depose BB......you issue subpoenas to order someone to testify in court or turn over evidence. I am NOT saying BB has a part in this, I am saying that a hearing has been scheduled to determine if BB needs to be deposed. The scheduled hearing and the release of the court papers is how the Track girls picked up on the story.

I repeat I am NOT saying BB did any of this alleged stuff......but the mere fact that his name is being mentioned in connection with this is worrisome.

No offense, but you are seriously back-peddling here.

You went from being upset that you and all the fans should be embarrassed that BB was involved in this to saying now that the mere fact is distressing.

Sorry, but here we are several days later and no other media outlet (other than the NY Post) has picked up this story. Did you stop to wonder why that is?

Bill's Girl said:
Mo, even if all of this is baseless and perfectly innocent, it is still embarassing!! This is the kind of thing that sticks to your reputation, the kind of thing that will bring his judgement into question by others. That is what I am questioning.....his judgement.

Honey, I hate to say this, but either you are extremely naive or you were lying earlier about being a paralegal. How is it embarrassing if its perfectly innocent? Are you just clueless? Or are you so young that you just don't know about life?

Bill's Girl said:
All I have ever done on this board is defend BB! Through the whole offseason when people were in panic mode over losing Adam, Willie and David, through not signing any big name free agents, through losing in Denver, through good and bad in the regular season...... I have been a staunch BB defender in EVERYTHING football related, grumpy press conferences and all!

You're claiming that BB embarrassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization and us fans is NOT defending him. Its convicting him before you know the truth of the situation. I don't understand how you can't see that.

Bill's Girl said:
His personal life is another matter altogether. No one is riding the people who assume it is true and are congratulating him for getting a little "strange" or the people who are saying they would let him sleep with thier wives or girlfriends. So why am I getting crap for assuming it is true? Because I see this situation as a negative? Forgive me for having morals and being dissapointed in a man who preaches responsibility and the importance of your reputation to his players.

If the judge rules that he cannot be deposed then this will slowly die. If the judge rules he can be deposed, this is going to follow OUR team all season. More than anything, I want BB focused on the team and getting to SB 41!

You are getting crap for assuming its true because you are not taking into consideration the SOURCE. Also, its not going to follow the team the entire season, no matter what happens. Just like it didn't follow the team the entire season when it was unceremoniously announced that BB and Deb hadn't been together for over a year, last year.

What is embarrassing is that you claim to be a paralegal (hence a grown adult), yet you are condemning BB without all the facts and you are hanging on this as if it had ANY bearing in your life at all.

Bill's Girl said:
Mo, even if all of this is baseless and perfectly innocent, it is still embarassing!! This is the kind of thing that sticks to your reputation, the kind of thing that will bring his judgement into question by others. That is what I am questioning.....his judgement.

All I have ever done on this board is defend BB! Through the whole offseason when people were in panic mode over losing Adam, Willie and David, through not signing any big name free agents, through losing in Denver, through good and bad in the regular season...... I have been a staunch BB defender in EVERYTHING football related, grumpy press conferences and all!

His personal life is another matter altogether. No one is riding the people who assume it is true and are congratulating him for getting a little "strange" or the people who are saying they would let him sleep with thier wives or girlfriends. So why am I getting crap for assuming it is true? Because I see this situation as a negative? Forgive me for having morals and being dissapointed in a man who preaches responsibility and the importance of your reputation to his players.

If the judge rules that he cannot be deposed then this will slowly die. If the judge rules he can be deposed, this is going to follow OUR team all season. More than anything, I want BB focused on the team and getting to SB 41!

What you have written here today is so wrong on so many levels.

Why are you "disappointed" in BB? What's been proven? If you HAD morals (as you so claim) you would wait for the facts to come out before you judge him and are disappointed. At this point you have NOTHING to be disappointed about in him.

I'm just glad Mrs. B has more faith and loyalty in Tedy Bruschi. She would never bail on him on such flimsy (so far) evidence. You should be ashamed. Mrs. B would stand by loyally until all the facts came out. You jump ship at the first accusation.

If it's proven true, then you can jump all over BB's lifestyle.

You end with "More than anything, I want BB focused on the team and getting to SB 41". If you're such a loyal backer of the man, THAT'S all you can come up with??? Not, 'I hope he can straighten this all out', or 'If this is true, I hope he can deal with it with his family and make it up to them'? No, you write a line that shows that you are a USER. He's worth something to you only up to his winning ballgames. It shows you are no more loyal to him than any of us, even though you put on this show of being "his" girl.

Mrs B would NEVER write a sentence about a (so far) unproven allegation against Tedy such as "even if all of this is baseless and perfectly innocent, it is still embarassing!! This is the kind of thing that sticks to your reputation, the kind of thing that will bring his judgement into question by others. That is what I am questioning.....his judgement."

Your name can't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Mrs. B

Bill's Girl said:
I have a degree in paralegal studies and I can tell you that being deposed is a serious matter. The reason this story "broke" is because there is a hearing scheduled in a few weeks to determine if BB can be deposed in this divorce case. The husband wants custody of his kids and does not want to pay alimony. If he can prove his wife had an extra marital affair, then he strengthens his case. And yes, I am aware that everything alleged in a divorce case is not gospel. This however is fairly easy to prove....phone records......bank transactions....limo payments....hotel payments. The paper trail over 10+ years would be huge!
What I find IRONIC is what I said originally.....he preaches to his players to stay out of trouble and not embarrass the franchise. If this is true or if this is false, it is still embarrassing.

Do I love and respect him as a coach? YES! Do I agree with alleged inpropriety in his personal life? NO!

No offense everyone, but I have the right to feel dissapointed in my "hero."

And by the way Pats67 I HAVE met BB.....HugeCrush and I took a half a day out of work, drove 8 hours round trip to meet our "hero" and hear him give a speech about how the only thing of real value we have is our REPUTATION!
Bill's Girl said:
The husband's lawyer is looking to depose BB......you issue subpoenas to order someone to testify in court or turn over evidence. I am NOT saying BB has a part in this, I am saying that a hearing has been scheduled to determine if BB needs to be deposed. The scheduled hearing and the release of the court papers is how the Track girls picked up on the story.

I repeat I am NOT saying BB did any of this alleged stuff......but the mere fact that his name is being mentioned in connection with this is worrisome.
I may be repeating some comments by others in subsequent posts, but here are my comments.

I still have questions about your presumption about how the 'legal' process is going to proceed. Maybe you know something about New Jersey law that is different from Massachusetts ?

WHEN an active case has been filed, requests for 'discovery' are available to the parties and such requests are by subpoena which can be issued by any notary public and do not require any court approval. The court would only get involved at that point if a party refuses to comply with the request for discovery information and the other party goes to the court with a request to compel compliance to the request. IF it then came to the court, at that time, the court would listen to arguments by the party not complying about whether they have to comply with any or all of the requests. Any requests by the defendant for dismissal of the suit would be ruled on before any ruling on the subpoenas for discovery.

Such discovery is the FIRST recourse to the parties. You say "there is a hearing scheduled in a few weeks to determine if BB can be deposed in this divorce case". This doesn't make a lot of sense. Depositions would ONLY take place if BOTH parties AGREED to the depositions in lieu of testimony in court or if a party could not reasonably appear in court to give testimony. The court would NOT impose a deposition outside of these situations. Depositions are not a vehicle for "fishing expeditions" per se.

I still have the hugest problem with you comment "You can believe what these girls are saying in this case because their info is coming from court papers, not idle gossip!" This is an incredible statement for a lay person much less someone with paralegal background. How can you say something like this ?? ?? ?? Court filings at this stage are at the most suppositions and accusations - not FACTS !! !! !! !! I can't believe you said that.

I have the hugest problem with your comment "No offense everyone, but I have the right to feel dissapointed in my "hero." I'm sorry, but I DO take offense. I don't think you have any right WHATSOEVER to make any kind of assumption that Bill Belichick is 'guilty' of any impropriety and be 'disappointed' at this point. That is a stark example of "guilty until proven innocent". I don't think you have a right anymore to be considered a real fan of Bill Belichick's.

You said in the last post that I quoted: "I repeat I am NOT saying BB did any of this alleged stuff......but the mere fact that his name is being mentioned in connection with this is worrisome." This is NOT what you said in the first post as I commented in the above paragraph. Moreover, and worse yet, you go on to say in another post "He has embarassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization, his wife, his children and ALL of us!" Maybe you can educate me in the English language about how this isn't ASSUMING that he HAS committed improprieties ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
Excuse me but where do you get off expecting the well adjusted adult members of this football message board community to do little more than put up with your teenage crush mentality where our HC is concerned - which for the most part we have. Now you want sympathy when one of you is the first to turn on the object of your affection because some sleezy gossip column fodder linking him to a married woman who is not one of you? She was just venting??? Concern for OUR PLIGHT??? Pahleese...

This isn't about you or her and your delicate feelings or your silly school girl crushes on an NFL HC. It's about a first ballot lock HOF HC being dragged through the mud based on nothing more than some soon to be divorced husbands unsubstantiated claims in a pending divorce/custody/alimony battle that he thinks his wife and BB are more than friends. The fact that in the same court papers the wife denies any impropriety seems to fall on deaf ears, both at the Herald and among a select few here - including Bill's stalkeresque girls clubbers. If you truly respected and admired him rather than being merely childishly obcessed with him you would be among the first to defend his reputation from unsubstantiated muckraking.

And just for context, denials to the contrary, what she did say is:

I've always enjoyed reading your posts Mo..... but this attack is out of character for you. Everybody on this board should be allowed to vent! If you don't like something that's said, fine...you're entitled to lash back. If I don't like something that's said, I'll lash back too. Myself and (the choir) feel the same way about BB as everyone else on this board does. But as females, our feelings for him got kicked up to the next level.

It's not often or put it this way it's almost NEVER that females would admire a MAN so much and put him up to such high standards. And we did that because HE made it so easy to do!! And when we listen to his lectures about how all a person has is his reputation, etc. and then for some nutballs to accuse him of this deed (that I still don't believe), it can knock the wind out of your sails! From a female point of view you think....WOW, he is just like all the rest. So there's the huge let down.

And again for the record (just like when the Bonnie Bernstein thing broke)....I was shocked and angry....at first. But then I got a grip and waited for the truth....... which I'm going to do again.

patsacolachick said:

BG,
I also work in the legal field and think you are being a bit dramatic.

You have your opinion and BG has hers. And since BG has been here longer, she's allowed to be dramatic. :snob:

HugeCrushOnBB said:
It's not often or put it this way it's almost NEVER that females would admire a MAN so much and put him up to such high standards. And we did that because HE made it so easy to do!! And when we listen to his lectures about how all a person has is his reputation, etc. and then for some nutballs to accuse him of this deed (that I still don't believe), it can knock the wind out of your sails! From a female point of view you think....WOW, he is just like all the rest. So there's the huge let down.

And again for the record (just like when the Bonnie Bernstein thing broke)....I was shocked and angry....at first. But then I got a grip and waited for the truth....... which I'm going to do again.

You don't quite have the grip yet.......

But when your perspective is better, please try to understand that BB IS like all the rest - humanly flawed. And I mean that in the best possible way.........he's not perfect, never has been.

And in a way, it's probably healthy that the light has dawned for you and others.......

Pats67 said:
Oh, cry me a river, toots.

I don't know where you and your ilk got the perverted idea that the Internet is a 'safe place' where you're entitled to some kind of message board back rub for posting your inane pap.

You knee-jerk post something out there for the world to see, you open yourself up for people to react to it. If you don't want anybody to challenge your statements, particularly the kind of blather you and yours traffic in, then save the keystrokes. Grow up and get over it.

I'm sympathetic all right. Sympathetic to the serious, mature football fans who enjoy exchanging their thoughts in venues like this, only to have to wade through miles and miles of childish overreation and vapid, uninformed, Star Magazine-like frontrunning celebrity stalking.

Slack? Not a freaking chance.

I expected such a response from you, sir. My only crime is that I don't have as much football knowledge or longevity under my belt as most people do on this board. However, Bill's Girl has extensive knowlege of the game, it's history, players, etc. and should be respected for all of those posts.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was in the Political Forum instead of a respected football forum. When someone doesn't agree with you.....you just sh*t all over them. I guess that's a lot easier to do instead of actually thinking of an ADULT RESPONSE. You haven't been around here that long but you act as if you own the place. I'm going to presume that once football season starts you'll act more accordingly than you do now.

By the way, do you kick little puppies too??

Last edited by a moderator:
HugeCrushOnBB said:
You have your opinion and BG has hers. And since BG has been here longer, she's allowed to be dramatic. :snob:

Maybe, but in any event I hope the people that have come down so hard on her haven't scared her away, I always liked reading her posts. I just wanted to point out before she freaked out alot of people that the chances of BB having to spend days locked away in a courtroom were pretty much nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back