PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sure you want to trade for 2012 draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't be more wrong about the 2012 NFL Draft. We do know that the next CBA will have a rookie wage scale. If you think otherwise, you have your head in the sand. That wage scale may not impact this draft. Because the draft occurred under the old CBA. That makes this years picks less valuable than 2012 because you may have to pay the same pick more money to sign than you will next year. Of course, they could put this years draft under the new CBA with a wage scale too. Then, it's business as usual. Delaying a pick for a year and moving up is smart. Not stupid as you call it. Jerrod Mayo says hello. And, that 3rd rounder last year. Is now 33. Moved up over 1 1/2 rounds by having a little patience. Smart not stupid.

I agree with you that it is highly likely that there will be a draft in 2012. But it is not a sure thing. It is possible that a liberal judge ( labor friendly ) will find that forcing a player to play for only one owner, in one city, is a restriction of free labor practices. Saying that 2012 draft picks are worth more than 2011 draft picks is factually wrong. 2012 draft picks have a lower value than normal NFL future draft picks. Please see the following link:

2012 draft picks: A pot of gold, or a lump of coal? - Big Cat Country

Last edited:
I agree with you that it is highly likely that there will be a draft in 2012. But it is not a sure thing. It is possible that a liberal judge ( labor friendly ) will find that forcing a player to play for only one owner, in one city, is a restriction of free labor practices. Saying that 2012 draft picks are worth more than 2011 draft picks is factually wrong. 2012 draft picks have a lower value than normal NFL future draft picks. Please see the following link:

2012 draft picks: A pot of gold, or a lump of coal? - Big Cat Country

An opinion on that site is no more meaningful than anyone's. And, I'd gladly wager any amount you want there will be a 2012 NFL Draft.

An opinion on that site is no more meaningful than anyone's. And, I'd gladly wager any amount you want there will be a 2012 NFL Draft.

I could link you about 10 other sights including PFT/ NBC Sports but I would wager that nothing is going to change your opinion.

2012 draft picks have less value than usual future draft picks because of the uncertainty of the 2012 draft. You posted that 2012 draft picks actually have a HIGHER value than 2011 draft picks. Please post a link from anywhere on the planet that backs up your opinion and I would be glad to consider it.

I could link you about 10 other sights including PFT/ NBC Sports but I would wager that nothing is going to change your opinion.

2012 draft picks have less value than usual future draft picks because of the uncertainty of the 2012 draft. You posted that 2012 draft picks actually have a HIGHER value than 2011 draft picks. Please post a link from anywhere on the planet that backs up your opinion and I would be glad to consider it.

Some people built bomb shelters. Some people run to the store for milk and bread as soon as the weatherman comes on. I'm not the sky is falling type.

There are a million articles out there saying there will be a rookie wage scale in the new CBA. You don't think there will be? You're the naive one. A rookie wage scale automatically makes draft picks more valuable. As I mentioned before, that could put this years picks in the new cba, they may not. But, you can bet your house. Next year's picks will be in the new CBA.

Some people built bomb shelters. Some people run to the store for milk and bread as soon as the weatherman comes on. I'm not the sky is falling type.

There are a million articles out there saying there will be a rookie wage scale in the new CBA. You don't think there will be? You're the naive one. A rookie wage scale automatically makes draft picks more valuable. As I mentioned before, that could put this years picks in the new cba, they may not. But, you can bet your house. Next year's picks will be in the new CBA.

Enjoy the Draft this week. Happy Easter.

I expect a rookie wage scale when a CBA is concluded. However, until one is agreed to, there may be interim operating rules which may not include a rookie wage scale. Judge Nelson is expected to rule on the lockout this week, if she sides with the players her ruling will force the NFL to resume business (after a suitable time for an appeal to be heard). She will be the one setting the operating rules - not the NFL owners - which means she will listen to the players who specifically requested the expiring CBA remain in effect until their litigation efforts were complete. I do not expect a 2011 rookie wage scale from the courts, it's to insignificant a detail for them to bother and the NFLPA is only agreeing to it because they can use it as leverage for things they want.

Another no draft link:

At least one agent wants no draft at all | ProFootballTalk

Still, until the attack on the draft ends, a chance remains that the attack on the draft will succeed — especially if agents and players agree with Ayrault’s belief that there should be no draft.

Yeah. A lot of public posturing going on here - on both sides. And most folks won't have a clue what it's about because they have no recollection of the Reserve Clause or the Rozelle Rule - the issues that started all this way beck when and still exist in at least vestigial or symbolic form in the Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back