PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Menu & Watch Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch with my Wife outside with a roaring fire in our outdoor living room. My daughters will watch inside. Probably smoke some ribs prior to the game but don't eat during the game just drink beer and smoke cigars. Funny thing is the more intense the game is the faster the beers go down, so if this Super Bowl is anything like the past 8 I'll be pounding beers.

I can't watch with anyone who isn't a Patriots fan, so, living in NYC, that pretty well limits it to my family.

My routine on SB Sunday when the Pats are in the game is to turn on my TV to check the Cable connection at around 10 in the morning...time to get someone here to fix it or make an alternative arrangement. Then, I avoid the pre-pre-pre game shows and turn it back on at around 6PM.

I make food the day before and on game day as a distraction because I'm so nervous. Everything has to be ready to go by 6PM. Thinking of queso, Guac and main course of Chile with rice and tortillas this year; a little green salad. Never drink until KO. Buffalo Trace is the drink of choice with maybe some brew or wine with dinner.

I can't watch with anyone who isn't a Patriots fan, so, living in NYC, that pretty well limits it to my family.

My routine on SB Sunday when the Pats are in the game is to turn on my TV to check the Cable connection at around 10 in the morning...time to get someone here to fix it or make an alternative arrangement. Then, I avoid the pre-pre-pre game shows and turn it back on at around 6PM.

I make food the day before and on game day as a distraction because I'm so nervous. Everything has to be ready to go by 6PM. Thinking of queso, Guac and main course of Chile with rice and tortillas this year; a little green salad. Never drink until KO. Buffalo Trace is the drink of choice with maybe some brew or wine with dinner.

If you have a WiFi hot spot in your house outside of your normal internet connection, you can download the Yahoo Sports App on your computer and stream the game after that should your connection go down.

Still contemplating whether I should take Monday off. If they lose, I won’t be able to sleep.

Do it.

Why we* have holidays like Columbus Day or Presidents Day off and not the day after a super bowl is stupid.

(* Many/some of us in certain sectors)

Like many others I'm too nervous to eat. I really can't eat the entire day because of nerves. I can however drink all day... which can lead to some emotional sloppiness by the end of the game. So the menu will be pull-ups and vodka. Maybe some wine.

I watch it with my dad and SO and a couple kids - serious fans only and no talk about anything other than the game.

You mean you don’t yell at the tv when the announcer says something good about the other team?

You mean you don’t yell at the tv when the announcer says something good about the other team?
I'm a big internalizer... until I'm not and then I explode in rage or glee or tears. Happens a couple times a year and usually it has to do with the Pats.

I'm a big internalizer... until I'm not and then I explode in rage or glee or tears. Happens a couple times a year and usually it has to do with the Pats.

Between his steady diet of meats and your internalizing of your rage, you're both surefire bets for widowmaker heart attacks. You got rage in your heart, let it out brother man.

Will have a 4 pack of Old Rasputin at the ready. One bottle per quarter. A six pack of Torpedoes at the ready if we go extra.

Pre-game/post-game food is likely going to be a meat and cheese board, jerk wings, and some type of pasta for my boy.

Post game will likely be a bit of coffee and lots of water.

Between his steady diet of meats and your internalizing of your rage, you're both surefire bets for widowmaker heart attacks. You got rage in your heart, let it out brother man.
You ain’t wrong... I eat very well and stay in shape and my blood pressure is still off the charts high. Going to have a heart attack like a beast before I’m 50 at this rate.

You ain’t wrong... I eat very well and stay in shape and my blood pressure is still off the charts high. Going to have a heart attack like a beast before I’m 50 at this rate.

Hope not, man. You're needed around here. I let mine out so my blood pressure is fine but I'm a prime candidate for a stroke. If that happens, I'm still posting here. It's just that I'll be POZBTING LIKKKKKEE6 THIS/

Just my wife and I. My friend and I will have lunch on Friday. A big fan, he watches with his NY Giant fan son partially to see his son agonize. For us, meatballs, wings, cheese, chips and dip. Barking Squirrel beer. I have wine and Glayva for the victory and or the commiseration. Wont check in here until after the game in the victory thread. GO PATS!

the meat thing is a football only thing as are the smokes.......my wife would kill me if she knew

Hope not, man. You're needed around here. I let mine out so my blood pressure is fine but I'm a prime candidate for a stroke. If that happens, I'm still posting here. It's just that I'll be POZBTING LIKKKKKEE6 THIS/
Thank you... I hope not too!

And please don't stroke out. We need your wit and anger around here ;)!

As is my SB day tradition, I'll work from 9am till 2pm (Atlantic). I rarely work on sundays but I don't mind working on SB sunday. It makes the wait go by faster. After work the usual customary shower beer will happen followed by lots of gaming.

A couple of couples will be by about an hour before kickoff and they are casual NFL fans so I don't have to deal with stupid questions like the SBLI party. When Alford had the pick six, my wife's co-worker was asking if he was "dancing"

My wife always makes some great apps but I'm too excited/anxious too eat and the day after I always kick myself for not eating them.

I make and keg my own beer so lots of Octoberfest will be drank until close to kickoff when I switch over to dark rum and coke.

I don't go anywhere to any parties for any reason. :) Football is watched at home with my husband and son, if he is not working. Chatter is discouraged, and I do not allow sound because I hate almost all the announcers. I do like Tony Romo, so I may turn the sound up.

My husband asked today what the meal plan is for Sunday. I told him I would be too wound up to eat, but I would put a tri-tip in the oven right before the game starts. Clam dip and chips, possibly, as an appetizer.

My plan is Gin, accompanied by anxiety and churning bowels if the game is close. Hoping for a celebratory glass of Chivas or Wild Turkey when the game is over.

If the Pats win (huuuuuge IF), my plan is to drink myself into a coma.

Hopefully I sleep through winter and am awake for the draft.

Game starts at 10am Monday morning for me. I’ll get up around 730am and grab some breakfast from a bakery or McDonalds, whatever is quick and easy. I’ll have a few of my friends come around to my place and I’ll pound a couple of nerve settlers before we grab an uber to the bar we always watch the game at and meet up with the rest of the group. It’s in a large beer garden outdoors with a giant screen and there’s usually around 150-200 people there which is pretty impressive for a Monday morning (that’s a lot of sick days!). Luckily this year the weather is looking food at around 78F (26c), last year was around 94 so it wasn’t the most comfortable experience. Everyone else usually has a lot of fun because they all root for teams not involved but I’m usually on edge and a nervous wreck by kick off.

Game starts at 10am Monday morning for me. I’ll get up around 730am and grab some breakfast from a bakery or McDonalds, whatever is quick and easy. I’ll have a few of my friends come around to my place and I’ll pound a couple of nerve settlers before we grab an uber to the bar we always watch the game at and meet up with the rest of the group. It’s in a large beer garden outdoors with a giant screen and there’s usually around 150-200 people there which is pretty impressive for a Monday morning (that’s a lot of sick days!). Luckily this year the weather is looking food at around 78F (26c), last year was around 94 so it wasn’t the most comfortable experience. Everyone else usually has a lot of fun because they all root for teams not involved but I’m usually on edge and a nervous wreck by kick off.
Nice post! I'm trying to figure out which timezone is 15.5 hours ahead of EST. Adelaide?

I already had two strokes...25 years ago.

so, look on the bright side....and I tend to internalize my thoughts and feel....uh...no...no I don't. Let 'er rip, baby! That's been my philosophy and I'm sticking to it...my cardiologist agrees

We’re continuing our 28 year long tradition of only food that rhymes with the NFC team’s name so we’re eating Lamb, Ham, and Yams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents