PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

That’s not few.

They won in 2016 and 2018.

They lost in 2017 as a direct result of their coach. That’s a probable win with someone else.

They lost in 2015 partly because of a moronic decision by their coach.

They won in 2020 with a different coach.

Other years, who knows? Luck, injuries etc. The best team doesn’t always win. But usually the best team doesn’t have to overcome their coach sabotaging seasons either.
And how many more would we have won 00-14 without Bill? 7 or 8 am I right?

And how many more would we have won 00-14 without Bill? 7 or 8 am I right?
No, why would you be right about that? Bill drafted good players and made mostly sound decisions. The only incredibly baffling one was 4th and 13 in SB42.

You don’t seem to grasp the magnitude of how stupid and anomalous his decisions were for the last eight years, notably the ones I highlighted. The media and local fans just brushed it off as “well he’s earned the right.”

Anyway I’m just doing the best to answer impossible theoretical questions you’re asking me.

No, why would you be right about that? Bill drafted good players and made mostly sound decisions. The only incredibly baffling one was 4th and 13 in SB42.

You don’t seem to grasp the magnitude of how stupid and anomalous his decisions were for the last eight years, notably the ones I highlighted. The media and local fans just brushed it off as “well he’s earned the right.”

Anyway I’m just doing the best to answer impossible theoretical questions you’re asking me.
pissed away the 2015 season with Steven Jackson since HFA didn’t matter (lol)
Not challenging Pierre Woods clear fumble recovery in Giants territory.

Passing on Emmanuel Sanders in 2014 because Bill didn't want to match Amendola's contract. How many back breaking 3rd down conversions did he catch the 2015 AFCCG game? That came back to haunt them.

The bizarre game plans for weeks 16 and 17 of the 2015 season going run heavy and having zero urgency.

Not taking the points and continually going for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter of the 2015 AFCCG. Bill made his adjustments and the Broncos weren't moving the ball like they were earlier in the game. Had they attempted and made the kicks, they win the game without the heroics of their final TD drive.

Last edited:

A better coach would have recognized Brady sooner and started him as a rookie. That's one more right there.

Then you get him some weapons sooner than Moss for christ sake and that's at least another 2. So thats like 5 right there by 06. Then Bill wasted ten years of Brady's prime just futzing around.

A better coach would have recognized Brady sooner and started him as a rookie. That's one more right there.

Then you get him some weapons sooner than Moss for christ sake and that's at least another 2. So thats like 5 right there by 06. Then Bill wasted ten years of Brady's prime just futzing around.

An average coach would have convinced Brady to come out for the 1998 draft, drafted him in the first or second round and started him as a rookie. It was the obvious move to anyone following football at the time. SB36 should have been a 4peat. Instead we got stuck with a lousy 20 years.

An average coach would have convinced Brady to come out for the 1998 draft, drafted him in the first or second round and started him as a rookie. It was the obvious move to anyone following football at the time. SB36 should have been a 4peat. Instead we got stuck with a lousy 20 years.

Let's face facts: Belichick was an abject failure and charlatan. When he wasn't squandering or refusing to pay for talent he arrogantly passed it by, causing the Patriots to lose THREE Super Bowls and miss quite a few others. His game-day gaffes were inexcusable, salvaged more often than not by the heroic exploits of Thomas Edward Patric Brady, Jr. Beyond his pretender status as head coach, Belichick was both mean-spirited and antisocial, unable to understand or converse civilly with his players -- especially young ones. He should have been fired after the team's horribly inept offensive showing in Super Bowl 53. The only sane course for all Patriots fans is to petition for his banning from NFL Hall of Fame consideration and hope he renounces U.S. citizenship.

Let's face facts: Belichick was an abject failure and charlatan. When he wasn't squandering or refusing to pay for talent he arrogantly passed it by, causing the Patriots to lose THREE Super Bowls and miss quite a few others. His game-day gaffes were inexcusable, salvaged more often than not by the heroic exploits of Thomas Edward Patric Brady, Jr. Beyond his pretender status as head coach, Belichick was both mean-spirited and antisocial, unable to understand or converse civilly with his players -- especially young ones. He should have been fired after the team's horribly inept offensive showing in Super Bowl 53. The only sane course for all Patriots fans is to petition for his banning from NFL Hall of Fame consideration and hope he renounces U.S. citizenship.

Last edited:

The irony that you’re being facetious and sarcastic in light of a 4-13 season, numerous players taking aim at Bill, Bill not being able to land a job, the entire Tom in Tampa story, numerous reports, and this upcoming documentary. You would have appeared funny and clever five years ago. Now you just appear to be one of the guys at Jonestown.

There’s a big difference between strategy like in the 2000s and Brady’s receivers, with Belichick preferring to spend less at WR, and basically throwing the finale of the 2015 regular season and throwing a Super Bowl. There’s a difference between not re-signing Branch and forcing Gronkowski into retirement (rather than ay for him) and Brady into leaving. I think you do understand these differences but are deflecting.

Despite the clear sarcasm, this post is closer to reality than your typical sentiments.

Despite the clear sarcasm, this post is closer to reality than your typical sentiments.

Well, kudos for discerning the clear sarcasm, I can only guess how you might distort my "typical sentiments" to suit your hater narrative. But once again for the record, in a nutshell: Bill Belichick was/is a master football strategist, tactician and teacher of technique. He also succeeded for years as the Patriots' de facto general manager before key administrative support staff attrition (a/k/a "brain drain") gradually began taking a toll. Those people either were inadequately replaced or not replaced at all. He spread himself thin juggling too many roles leading to poor personnel decisions throughout the operation -- front office, player roster, coaching staff. (Yes, that included Brady, although Tom was complicit to a degree.) The football program infrastructure he built became unworkable and collapsed. As BB the coach and BB the administrator proved inseparable, he had to go. His shelf life expired and that was it.

He possibly never will coach again due primarily to his age and apparent insistence on roster control, but you never know. Belichick accomplished great things in Foxboro along with making obvious mistakes. Yet on balance the good, in terms of tangible success, outweighed the bad. There were methods to his madness including (alleged) mishandling of relationships. Your relentless demonizing and belittling the man via revisionist history that probably never will include his side of the story amounts to little more than petty spite, foremost re. Brady. The bottom line is HE'S GONE. We're on to the Mayo regime and hopefully, back to winning. The end.

Oh, and P.S. ...

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots mutually agreed to part ways after 24 seasons. A few hours following the announcement on Thursday, Tom Brady posteda heartfelt message on social media to express his gratitude.

“I’m incredibly grateful to have played for the best coach in the history of the NFL,” Brady posted on social media. “He was a great leader for the organization, and for all of the players who played for him. We accomplished some amazing things over a long period of time, many of which will be hard to replicate. he worked every day to help us achieve the ultimate goal, in the ultimate team sport. And, although we were successful, some of the greatest lessons I learned were in the moments where we faced the most challenging adversities. He set the tone for the organization to never falter in the face of adversity, and to do what we could do, and what was in our control, which was to go out and DO OUR JOB.“I could never have been the player I was without you Coach Belichick. I am forever grateful. And I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose next.”

Last edited:

We’ve described the Patriots' story as Shakespearean. This documentary brings that home in a way a writer, reporter or author never could. The protagonists deliver their soliloquies directly to the camera, giving THEIR version of what happened and why without the intrusion of a writer’s interpretation.

All of them – with the exception of Bill Belichick, who gives off a “I’m not into this one flocking bit because I know where this project is going” vibe in later episodes – are unguarded.

The irony that you’re being facetious and sarcastic in light of a 4-13 season, numerous players taking aim at Bill, Bill not being able to land a job, the entire Tom in Tampa story, numerous reports, and this upcoming documentary. You would have appeared funny and clever five years ago. Now you just appear to be one of the guys at Jonestown.

There’s a big difference between strategy like in the 2000s and Brady’s receivers, with Belichick preferring to spend less at WR, and basically throwing the finale of the 2015 regular season and throwing a Super Bowl. There’s a difference between not re-signing Branch and forcing Gronkowski into retirement (rather than ay for him) and Brady into leaving. I think you do understand these differences but are deflecting.
The difference is only in your mind. Now pass me the Kool aid.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back