PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sticky Please: "Smoking gun" photo discredited [Update: Jets cameraman?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sticky Please: "Smoking gun" photo discredited [Update: Jets camerman?]

Well, Sebman, I think the effect of the story would actually be more pronounced if it starts a couple weeks from now.
If it really IS a Jets employee, I still think it won't be picked up by ESPN or the network.
It's just not as good a story if there are others doing it. I'd like to be proven wrong. The NFL wants to make the impression it's only one guy recording signs and that it has been "fixed".

Well, Sebman, I think the effect of the story would actually be more pronounced if it starts a couple weeks from now.
If it really IS a Jets employee, I still think it won't be picked up by ESPN or the network.
It's just not as good a story if there are others doing it. I'd like to be proven wrong. The NFL wants to make the impression it's only one guy recording signs and that it has been "fixed".

It's pretty obvious he works for the Jets. In both the Patriots game and the Vikings preseason game he's there, and both times he's wearing his green Jets shirt?

Not to mention more than one place has said he worked for the Jets they just seem to stop responding once they realize what you're actually saying...

Jesus, now there is another gunmen in the grassy knoll

See this POST submitted by Ursa

This guy has a stand alone unit, NO headset, He's reportedly on the JET sideline. White **** (green sleeve logo), Green Lanyard leading to a white/dark (green??) credential that is clearly visible.

Anyone know what JET credentials look like. THIS guy looks less offical then the other dudes.

I'm starting to circulate this in the fallowing form:

Ok this is HUGE if those indeed are real photos of the Vikings game. That would PROVE he does not work for any telivision outlet because CBS had the Pats/Jets and FOX had the Vikings Jets because the Vikings were the road team so FOX gets it.

I am trying to email this to as many people as I can.

Okay, that 3 seperate games that Mr. Green Shirt covered the JETS. 2 home, one away........

He shold be easy to Identify then, huh.

Dr Pain's site seems to be down so I have put all the vidcaps up on my site as well. This mystery man really seems to get around.

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

He was probably instructed by his employer not to respond once they found out about these emails. The guy probably doesn't want to lose his job over this, and who can blame him. A Patriot fan living in NY might be able to pick up a Jets media guide or pamphlet and put a name to the face though.

I will give him a chance to see what he does with as he would have no idea I was writing here. I wouldn’t want to get him in trouble as he is the only person who responded. I wouldn't want him to get in troble for that. He is from Hearst though.

1st contact

I wrote on one of the contact us pages asking who he the guy in the photo was and sending the photo link

2 Email in response

Actually, that's not him (the guy in the picture is a Jets employee according to our photographer, who knows him). Matt, the "guilty" photographer, interned here a couple of years ago... and that is not him. _________________________________

3 Email to him

Thanks,

So as a Jets employee filming he broke the same rule the Patriots did?

4 Email from him

And I totally missed the point of your e-mail!

Consider this... the shooters do have that kind of access (as do ours)... but if the Jets guy was doing bad things, he wouldn't be shooting his own team!

5 Email to him

If you watch the game film, He is shooting while the Patriots defense is out and not the game but the Patriots.

6 Email to him

Also stealing signals is not against the rules, it was having the cameraman on the sideline. We won't know if he did steal signals since he didn't get stopped but by just being there he committed the same offense as the Patriots.

7 Email from him

Not necessarily. There are dozens of photographers on the sidelines during a game. Our guy could have shot the Jets coaches without anyone noticing. What is banned is team employees shooting coaches giving signals. It's rather specific.

Actually, when you add it all up, considering Mangini knew the shooter, it's starting to sound like a sting!

8 Email to him

Ah, I though he was a Jets employee. That is specifically prohibited per the rules I believe as there are only the 3 designated places they can shoot from and not from the field. If he is a media member with access then that is a different story. If he is a Jets person then they broke the same rules the Patriots did.

Is he a Jets person?

Thank you,

No more emails

No response after that. He initially said he was a Jets employee. I don’t think he understood the ramifications of that.

A Patriot fan living in NY might be able to pick up a Jets media guide or pamphlet and put a name to the face though.

I have the Jets media guide, but it only has pictures of their highest-level front office staff.

They do list their video department as follows:

Director, Video: Steve Scarnecchia
Assistant Director, Video: Tim Tubito
Assistant, Video: Ryan Mahanes
Assistant, Video: Ryan O'Heir

I would assume, if your theory is true, the last couple of folks have the best chance to be the guy in the picture.

Last edited:

I have the Jets media guide, but it only has pictures of their highest-level front office staff.

I would assume, if your theory is true, the last couple of folks have the best chance to be the guy in the picture.

I think I cansafely say Tubito and Mahanes are out. Anyone have a way to see what O'Heir looks like? He could be the kid with the handheld (which I think it much more likely to be how signals would be recorded after seeing the footage that the pats were taking since it's much more concealable).

The guy in the picture is Ryan. I'm definitely 50% sure of that.

The guy in the picture is Ryan. I'm definitely 50% sure of that.

Here's a comparison...he's the guy on left in the below pic... I want to see what Ryan O'Heir looks like...

Attachments

• 888.JPG
    888.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 535
  • 820440585_l.jpg
    820440585_l.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 531

The guy on the right looks a lot like the guy with the handheld. Whoever he is, he is blatantly breaking the rules.

http://media.www.fairfieldmirror.co...s/2005/10/27/CoffeeBreak/Cheers-1035098.shtml

This page mentions a Ryan O'heir and a Ryan M.... also mentions dating a jets cheerleader.... also has a link to the Mirror's facebook.com account (under "links", "friend us"), .... id bet there are pics of the 2 ryans on the facebook account, if anyone has one to login (i dont)

hope this helps a little

We need a hot chick with a facebook account to run a sting operation on this guy and find out what exactly he does.

Here's a comparison...he's the guy on left in the below pic... I want to see what Ryan O'Heir looks like...

Sorry if I was unclear but the kid in the picture above is Mahanes. Still no idea what Ryan OHeir looks like.

gotta say im disappointed... we have 1000+ members who can post bullsh1t posts that will never actually help the pats, but only 4 real fans who will try to help here? this is a true scandal... none of you will ever catch a 60-yd pass for a pats TD... but you can actually help the team here... VERY sad! big difference between talkers and walkers... sick of hearing lameass opinions from people who pretend to care about this team... back it up... a fan isnt someone who gets a free ticket from work once a year, or someone who goes when they can catch a ride and save $40 parking...it doesnt matter how many posts you have on a stupid internet forum; some of you think that gets you respect? you want respect (and yes, im calling out the oldest of the oldtimers on here)? step up and make a difference...

your roster picks? irrelevant
your whining about the OC? irrelevant
your thoughts on the game? irrelevant
your salary cap thoughts? irrelevant

want to make a difference? you have a chance.

Last edited:
fan of the year?

for all the clowns who voted for "zip", or that old chick who got season tix from her husband... how about a fan who actually "did something" to help the pats? the ONLY pick for fan or the year should be:
miDeuce

everyone can squawk, but if you think you are a fan, try doing half as much as miDeuce... if miDeuce doesnt win fan of the year, it is the biggest joke since Wrong Borges was allowed to write for a semi-real paper

Last edited:
Re: fan of the year?

So the fans that are helping the Pats by doing what they want mean nothing? The Patriots seem to want to let this die down... More publicity could do more harm then good.

I would love for the jets to get nailed just as much as the other guys... However, if the Patriots wanted this to happen, dont you think that it would have? With all of their lawyers and money? They seem to want to let it die down. let their game play on the field be their battle....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back