PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dislike the Colts signing Tre Williams.
Will like them even less if they go after Mcdaniels like I believe they will.
However I think Shula could be in the running for that job as well.

Just think we know we cannot have Josh forever but I feel Matt Patricia will be here for a very...very...very..very you got the point long time.:D

Just think we know we cannot have Josh forever but I feel Matt Patricia will be here for a very...very...very..very you got the point long time.:D
You know, I wouldn't mind him staying on as the HC when BB retires.

Now Josh can go. He gets faaaaar too cute, and his playcalling has been seriously suspect the past 2 years. Matt seems more in tune with Bill's philosophy.

This is "a good thing." A bit long in the tooth for an RB, but eight consecutive thousand yard seasons...he doesn't need to have a lot left in the tank...just enough to help make a difference in three games...plus, he'll certainly be "rested" :) ...I assume he kept himself in NFL shape or he would have gotten past BB and Josh...Clock killin' Corey Dillon was productive into his early 30's...let's hope the pattern holds!

Let's be real...they might just need one great game or even just one big play from the guy to make this look like a brilliant move.

Now Josh can go. He gets faaaaar too cute, and his playcalling has been seriously suspect the past 2 years. Matt seems more in tune with Bill's philosophy.

I don't remember too many people having a problem with McDaniels play calling when the Pats erased 38 total points in deficits en route to Lombardi trophy #4. I also remember when this forum begged for him back when O'Brien first took over in 2009.

The offensive coordinator of the Super Bowl champs is too cute? You and I may agree on some of the calls being suspect but it really is a small basket. The good far outweigh the bad. He will be missed more than you know.

I'm going to be honest with you guys-- I never like Josh McDaniels. I feel like Brady being an all-timer makes up for a lot of the shortcomings in the coaching staff.

I mean, throwing deep to Chandler on the sidelines? Not utilizing two or three TE sets (after proving it works with the murderer and Gronk)?

Every game thread this is obvious. Josh throws when he should run and runs when he should throw. Sure you can put some of the mistakes on Tom but at the end of the day, Brady is really good at following orders and those orders are coming from Josh.

Except last year when Brady kept doing this dumb audible at the end of the first halves and throwing picks trying to force it to Gronk. God that play pisses me off.

Quietly, Belichick has transformed the RB position on the Pats, and rebuilt it on the fly for 2016 as much at present.

Consider who he might invite to Summer camp in 2016.

Jackson,(1st round, FHOF)), Blount, (UDFA), Lewis, (4th round), White, (4h round), Ball, (2nd round), Devlin, (UDFA), Iosefa, (7th round), Boldin, (UDFA), Gurley, (???) plus possible 2016 draftees.

That is a substantially more accomplished group than with what he entered the 2015 camp.

I suspect that, like the supposed secondary weakness in 2015, BB has already improved the RB position, covering all three RB positions with multiple accomplished and proven candidates. He has on his roster, @ 3rd down HB: Lewis and White, @ FB : Devlin and Iosefa, @ Big RB: Blount, Jackson, Boldin, Ball and Gurley. Each position has at least two accomplished Vets Plus, and no one is older than 33.

For example, the seemingly inexplicable Montee Ball signing makes sense, looking forward to 2016.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest with you guys-- I never like Josh McDaniels. I feel like Brady being an all-timer makes up for a lot of the shortcomings in the coaching staff. Sure you can put some of the mistakes on Tom but at the end of the day, Brady is really good at following orders and those orders are coming from Josh.

I mean, throwing deep to Chandler on the sidelines? Not utilizing two or three TE sets (after proving it works with the murderer and Gronk)?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Brady could make me look good as OC for the Pats. Josh calls the plays and prioritizes the progression Brady makes the throws. I do agree the sideline routes are not Chandler's strengths. However it does present a favorable matchup.

If they had a receiving h-back like AH he would also be getting the ball. Chandler is not AH. Different players.

Every game thread this is obvious.

That is your first mistake. Using the gameday thread as evidence of bad playcalling.

Josh throws when he should run and runs when he should throw.

Do you remember Charlie Weis?

So in one signing the career yardage total of Pats RBs goes from 916 (White 85- Iosepha 51- Bolden 780) to 12,304 (Jackson's 11,388)...
Now 4 of the top 20 RBs of all time ( as measured by yardage) will have played for the Pats, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor and Jackson...

I'm going to be honest with you guys-- I never like Josh McDaniels. I feel like Brady being an all-timer makes up for a lot of the shortcomings in the coaching staff.

Every game thread this is obvious. Josh throws when he should run and runs when he should throw. Sure you can put some of the mistakes on Tom but at the end of the day, Brady is really good at following orders and those orders are coming from Josh.

Except last year when Brady kept doing this dumb audible at the end of the first halves and throwing picks trying to force it to Gronk. God that play pisses me off.

We can never know on any individual call who is responsible for the play. TB has complete freedom to change any call at the line of scrimmage based upon what he sees. So to make the statement that Josh gets way too cute is a tough one to assign.

That being said if we judge based on the overall results, top 5 or better NFL offense over the last several years one would have to give Josh credit for his play calling and let us not forget his stint in Denver making Tebow appear capable as an NFL QB, was no small feat.

Then just last yr coming back from two 14 pt deficits in the AFCC against Baltimore. So while we can nitpick anyone including TB overall Josh has been really successful as OC and if he leaves we may wish he had not.

That being said i am sure BB has his backup already to step-up and DO HOS JOB for the team.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Brady could make me look good as OC for the Pats. Josh calls the plays and prioritizes the progression Brady makes the throws. I do agree the sideline routes are not Chandler's strengths. However it does present a favorable matchup.

If they had a receiving h-back like AH he would also be getting the ball. Chandler is not AH. Different players.

Scott Chandler is little big man who's game couldn't be found with a search warrant so glad they phased him out of the Offense.

It's easy to be a great OC with the use of hindsight.

Scott Chandler is little big man who's game couldn't be found with a search warrant so glad they phased him out of the Offense.
He is injured.

FWIW, the 12th (Frank Gore) and 13th (Deangelo. Williams) leading rushers in the NFL are 32 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents