PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One fun thing about Jackson, I am under the impression the Patriots would have drafted him in 2004 had Wilfork not slipped to them.
The Pats had two first round picks in 2004. Vince slipped to them at 21, but they still had the final pick in round one, which they used for Benjamin Watson. Jackson went to the Rams at 24, but there had been speculation that the Broncos were going to draft him at 17. He was the number one rated back in the draft and while Dillon delivered for one great season, Jackson was one of the best backs in the league for a decade. If the Pats had packaged the second round pick they used for Dillon with the first rounder used for Watson, they may have been able to move up enough to get Jackson.

Last edited:
Man, they REALLY need to get someone new to photograph their food. That stuff looks awful!
Yep. It was gross 15 years ago too.

One thing that could be holding Stephen Jackson back is we can only offer the veteran minimum and he is weighing the risks of playing for such low money. Maybe we could offer a coaching position after; wink wink nod nod

I doubt that the compensation is the problem. Jackson will never get this kind of chance again to get his ring. And all of this without going through the grind of a full season.

I personally think that we are waiting until after the Titans game because of depth considerations at other positions. The reports that nothing is imminent came out before the workout took place. So while him being out of shape might also be the issue it seems like the decision not to sign him right away was made even before the workout.

Well I guess Jackson couldn't cut the cheese in his tryout. Or is it mustard? What's that expression? Did Jackson fart during his interview?

Well I guess Jackson couldn't cut the cheese in his tryout. Or is it mustard? What's that expression? Did Jackson fart during his interview?

Yeah, between the team need, the praise that BB has heaped on Jackson in the past, and the fact that he would only be used for a short stretch run, I'm guessing the fact that he left without a contract to mean he's pretty much cooked.

1384614795508278055.jpg

icon_mrgreen.gif

Do we know that Jackson actually left town?

No, you're right. It's cheese. Mustard played against Ketchup in last night's TNF game. o_O

Haven't heard reports that he left.........it would make sense to not sign him until after Sunday.

Why use up a roster spot untill needed.

Let's hope the workout went well and both sides are good to go!!

I have seen no such report and I assume nothing. With our limited information, Jackson looks like the best option (a strong reliable veteran who offers ball security, QB protection, and hunger to play in meaningful games). He is not going to contribute Sunday, however, so there would be no hurry to sign him before hand, which would require a roster move. Everything still in play as far as I can tell.

No, you're right. It's cheese. Mustard played against Ketchup in last night's TNF game. o_O

That game literally put me to sleep. I woke up on the couch at 3:00 in the morning with the lights on in the house and an infomercial blaring.

I dont care too much about this signing, 7 years ago id a been super stoked.
I guess just like everybody else curious what he has in the tank.

That game literally put me to sleep. I woke up on the couch at 3:00 in the morning with the lights on in the house and an infomercial blaring.

They just started selling htese new socks that sense when you fall asleep and pause your TV (not kidding - uses Fitbit technology).

So you could have woken up, taken off the socks, resumed watching, and gotten a full night's sleep.

The infomercial was more exciting. That's probably why you woke up.

I agree with others, makes no sense to sign him now. Wait until Monday if they do want him.

Sign the beast...Monday.

Meanwhile, we head into Sunday with only Bolden and White on the roster, with 150 yards between them on the season. 2 part-time RBs is a tad thin. Options: Call up Ball or, Iosefa from PS? That would require a roster move and then another if they intend to sign Jackson next week. Plus, Iosefa has never played an NFL game and was signed as a developmental FB, and Ball has had only a few days of practice and was just signed to the PS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore