PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Mariucci: 2008 Pats can go undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but in reference to our easy schedule:
I remember looking at last year's schedule before the season started, and commented on how tough it looked. Then, because so many teams were much worse than expected, the Pats were touted as playing a cream puff schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if this year is the reverse of that. I'm not saying it will happen, but anything is possible.

i think steve and deion sound smarter then the ppl who says the jets will win the AFC EAST....

or teh ones who say the eagles will win the Sb...

i think steve and deion sound smarter then the ppl who says the jets will win the AFC EAST....

or teh ones who say the eagles will win the Sb...

FESPN and FESPN.....

If they hadn't gone 16-0 in the regular season last year this wouldn't even be discussed, let alone thrown around as a possibility. Let's see the team on the field a few times before crap like this is thrown around. I'm as confident as anyone else in this teams ability, but there's a reason last season was historic: it's never been done before. I'll be happy with a playoff birth, leave the perfect season talk to the idiots who supposedly know more than us about football.

i disagree....the pats are ALWAYS discussed about going undefeated, live every year since 04, when they start well...

its just now more ppl are discussing it b/c of last yr

Just said on the 2008 NFL pre-season special.

Added that in his mind there are only 3 tough games on the schedule. (@ SD, @ IND, @ SEA)

Says they should have been perfect last year and are the team to beat in the AFC, as did Deion Sanders. Both said the only way another AFC team is making the Super Bowl is if something were to happen to Brady or Moss.

Steve's on the record for possible perfection, what says you?

Goodness. Let it begin.

I'm positive they can go undefeated...tomorrow. And that's the only game that matters.

you are not on the team and you are not psychologically preparing for the game. its ok to talk about life after Sunday. About "tomorrow". It mean jack sh!t. A win is good; a loss is irrelevant. Nobody in December and January care about September.

So basically I couldn't disagree with you enough. In fact, as long as Brady and Moss don't get injured, the game is a waste of 4 hours of everyone's time.

Last edited:
you are not on the team and you are not psychologically preparing for the game. its ok to talk about life after Sunday. About "tomorrow". It mean jack sh!t. A win is good; a loss is irrelevant. Nobody in December and January care about September.

So basically I couldn't disagree with you enough. In fact, as long as Brady and Moss don't get injured, the game is a waste of 4 hours of everyone's time.

I know right. It's like we have 50 Bill Belichick clones on here who are not, in any way, related to the team besides the fact that their fans. I will never understand why some Pats fans say "one game at a time". WE'RE FANS! The beauty of being a fan is the ability to look forward to a game when the team itself cannot.

I expect us to have an easier time handling the Jets than we do the Chiefs.

And there you go. An incredibly foolish statement. And you completely miss the point on their new additions. It's not that they are all world beaters. It's that the Jets were arguably the worst (or bottom five) in the league in those areas and they have all been addressed. They are better in those areas. This is unarguable.

No way....not with the rookie learning curve at lb and db. Our secondary is pretty bad, and will be the cause of a few loses.

13 - 3 or 12-4.

I think we win the sb, and thats all that matters.

Does the secondary stink or does the pass rush?

i disagree....the pats are ALWAYS discussed about going undefeated, live every year since 04, when they start well...

its just now more ppl are discussing it b/c of last yr

True, but can you honestly tell me that you've heard the 'undefeated' talk start up before, say, week 6 or so? Think about the early season streaks the Colts have gone on in the past decade. You didn't hear anything about undefeated until at least a few games are under their belt...NEVER before kickoff of the first game.

Again, I'm not saying anything about the quality of the team, just that people need to calm themselves down a bit...let's see how the OL plays, how the secondary shapes up, how Brady looks and how the youngsters work out before we start talking about them doing something that exactly two teams have ever--EVER--done in the history of the game.

Just disagree with this statement. I am looking so forward to this game it's unreal. I am hoping this game will get that bad taste of the Super Bowl out of my mouth, like last years opener did for the AFCCG.

I don't think Baltimore projected to be a tough game last season.

Who cares?!

I'm done with the records and the streaks, allthough it is kind of interesting to see how high the Pats can get this regular season winning streak up to. nevertheless I just care about the last game of the season, It's all about getting another ring, everything else is just gravy.

I don't give two $hits about the team going undefeated. I just want them to win it all.

Last edited:
19-0 should be easier this year. They won't run it up as much.

FWIW, based solely on previous team W-L records, the Patriots actually have the easiest schedule (<100 wins) since at least 1993.

FWIW, based solely on previous team W-L records, the Patriots actually have the easiest schedule (<100 wins) since at least 1993.

I wonder if anyone has done the research on how well the previous season's W/L record correlates to the next season. When you calculate a strength of schedule using last year's data vs. this year's data (after the fact obviously) how closely matched are they? With the variations and parity in the league it would seem likely to me that strength of schedule bast on the previous year's W/L would be as accurate as strength of schedule determined by a roll of the dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft