PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Sharpe: Fins will win AFCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do these analysts believe it is so easy to come back from 3 torn knee ligaments? I don't believe Culpepper, Palmer or, sadly, Rodney, will play this year. As a result I find it very difficult to believe The Bengals or the Dolphins are serious contenders (although Harrington may actually be a better option for the Dolphinsas I do not believe in Culpepper).

Last edited by a moderator:
Same story different year...

Every year it's the same old crap. Miami will win the AFC East because of BLAH BLAH BLAH and the COLTS will win the Superbowl because of BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I will not believe until I see it. And even then I will probably still doubt it.

I hate the Dolphins so much I won't even take my family to Sea World.

Chevagus said:
No, nor did he mention how the Pats squeeked by the Phins earlier in the season when Miami had first and goal at the 5 with a minute left but didn't get it in.

You don't have that confused with your prom date, do you?

Speaking of potential confusion, are we speaking here of Sterling Sharpe or of his large-mouthed brother Shannon?

DarthPatriot said:
Theres your lack of respect,anybody over the Pats..doesnt matter they have serious QB problems.Dolphins dont stand a chance...5-11 hear me now believe me later

Ok Darthpatriot that avatar just looks... disturbing. LOL.

I don't care if Sharpe picks Pats 2nd in the AFCE, just more disrespect to feed the bulletin board.

PonyExpress said:
Why do these analysts believe it is so easy to come back from 3 torn knee ligaments? I don't believe Culpepper, Palmer or, sadly, Rodney, will play this year. As a result I find it very difficult to believe The Bengals or the Dolphins are serious contenders (although Harrington may actually be a better option for the Dolphinsas I do not believe in Culpepper).

By chance, did you watch Patriots All-Access last week? I know it's not worth a tremendous amount, but Rodney was squatting some hefty weight with just a thin knee brace on. He'll be about a full year removed from the injury once the season rolls around. Palmer won't, nor will Culpepper.

PonyExpress said:

Believe what you want. I believe that Rodney will be in the starting lineup on the first reg season game.

Do you want to be the one to tell Rodney he not going to play this year?

I've come to the conslusion that Sterling Sharpe is a complete DORK!

I promised myself that i would never value the opinion of a man who had the jawline and facial structure of a horse. I'm amazed that you guys actually could understand what he said. When he speaks I can never make out what he is saying and it sounds like there are carrots in his mouth. Seriously tho, Seabiscuit just cannot cut it as an analyst.

Keegs said:
I promised myself that i would never value the opinion of a man who had the jawline and facial structure of a horse. I'm amazed that you guys actually could understand what he said. When he speaks I can never make out what he is saying and it sounds like there are carrots in his mouth. Seriously tho, Seabiscuit just cannot cut it as an analyst.
I am absolutely convinced that at least half of you don't know the difference between Shannon and Sterling. They are brothers. The similarities end there.

This prediction already coming from a crappy NFL analyst. If his prediction reigns true then he probably feels he can get ahead with the network. He can then go back at the end of the season and say,"See I told you so,look at my bold prediction." If it doesn't pan out like it probably won't then he has nothing to lose. He is still the same crappy analyst he was before he made the the stupid prediction.

Yeah, let's wait until his far more intelligent colleague prognosticates. Boomer Esiason has a more legitimate track record of being a cogent analyst. Check out his curriculum vitae. http://www.boomeresiason.com/ He's more than a pretty face.

Shannon, on the other hand, could be doing toothpaste commercials. He's got a great set of ivory on him.

The Dolphins, truth be told, have closed the gap. When Culpepper becomes healthy. When is that going to be?

drewdagreat said:
I just don't get the Miami hype. Their defense is old, their OL still sucks and their WRs outside of Chambers are garbage.
Actually our D secondary is now very young since we pretty much rebuilt it this offseason, we also have some young tallent on the D line. Our O line isn't that bad either, last year we were actually 4th in sacks allowed, as to the WRs Booker was slowed by injury but is actually a former pro bowler and is a pretty solid number 2.

It seems like we have become the "sexy" pick with quite a few people picking us to win the AFCE this year. I don't really know that I like that honestly. One one hand I feel more confidence going into this season than any season in a long time and all the reports on Culpepper have been good. On the other hand until he goes out there and plays 6 games or so without the knee flaring up I don't think we are really going to know how health he is. If he cant go than our starter is Joey H, I have some hope that Joey can re-build his career over the next couple of years but to throw him in as the starter this year is something I wouldn't be all that confident about.
Its going to very interesting to see how this year shakes out.

You know that BB has to be loving this though, plays right into the "we are underdogs and get no respect" attitude that he loves his guys to play with.

Last edited:
dolphan117 said:

You know that BB has to be loving this though, plays right into the "we are underdogs and get no respect" attitude that he loves his guys to play with.

Doesn't really play into anything. Belichick might say something like
' I don't know ... Patriots have only won 3 out of 5 last superbowls ... I guess some think a team that hasn't won anything recently should be a favorite to win the division." :)

JR4 said:
Doesn't really play into anything. Belichick might say something like
' I don't know ... Patriots have only won 3 out of 5 last superbowls ... I guess some think a team that hasn't won anything recently should be a favorite to win the division." :)

yes, but now we've failed to win the SB for the 2nd time in 5 years...we are obviously cursed!:D

some of us are indeed confusing Sterling with Shannon...the latter talks like Barbaro, the former shouts all the time for no apparent reason, and has regrettably joined forces with NBC football this season.

Shannon is at least entertaining, Sterling on the other hand might be the most obnoxious pundit of them all...after Irvin.

I did catch this segment and he actually praised the Pats but then predicted that Miami would win the division -- totally bizarre...he clearly has some odd ball beliefs, but this prediction strikes me as being more for the sake of controversy. Of course if he's wrong, he'll just forget he ever said it.

Last edited:
The Fins?!? Gimme a break...they had a better chance last year to finish near the top than 2006. They don't even know who their QB is. Their O-line stinks, secondary, etc...

his brother looks like a horse

Keegs said:
his brother looks like a horse

That came from playing so many years with the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back