PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers owner Dan Rooney passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless you, Dan... may the Lord rest and keep your immortal soul, and comfort your loved ones.

RIP - Condolences to the Rooney family, Steelers players past and present and Steeler fans.

Obviously, I wish his family well, but one cannot reflect on his passing without reflecting also on the significant role he played in this country's relegalization of racial discrimination.

The story goes that Sullivan couldn’t justify hiring a losing assistant, so he went with Rush
The Jets rode Namath on offense, and did not light it up in Miami. Not Noll's fault Colts threw four interceptions.

“It was a dumb decision on my part to base it on that,” Sullivan admitted, “because Noll actually impressed me more than Rush. Then again, if Noll had come in here and been 1-13, the way he was his first year in Pittsburgh, they probably would have run him out of town.”

Instead, Noll won four Super Bowls in Steel Town, while the Patriots didn’t win one until Robert Kraft bought the team and brought Bill Belichick to Foxboro.
Only the debacle on 12/18/76 prevented Patriots from winning their first, after Pittsburgh won their second.

....and his last game was a complete azz kicking on behalf of the New England Patriots

I didn't like how he pissed on the Patriots and Goody was in his pocket but that's "The 32"
No one will ever be off the hook for '07 or '15.

Ever.

Including the morons on "The View", who gather their knowledge in the tradition of their hero Oprah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe