Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steelers flying under the radar

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by sarge, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I've noticed noone is making any mention of the 2-0 Steelers. Here or in the media.

It sort of has that 2004 feel to it where the Steelers flew under the radar till they beat the Pats to end the 21 game winning streak.

The Steelers like the Pats blew out both teams they played as well.

Make no mistakes guys, I think that will be a damn good team in Pitt this year.
  2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's easy to fly under the radar when your coasting against struggling teams. And they will likely fly under for another month as they feast on the NFC West. Their first test of the season is in Denver on October 21st.
  3. jsinger121

jsinger121 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Until the Steelers play a real team I won't take them that seriously yet. They are also playing a 3rd place schedule which means they are playing basically no one this year.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  4. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree... Browns and Bills..... :singing:
  5. oville41

oville41 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It is worth noting the Stealers though. Even though they are starting with a weak schedule, it gives them a chance to work out the kinks, build some symmetry, and momementum. If they get 5 or 6 wins under their belt it can give them a boost. Yet, I get your point, New England has ten games against 2006 playoff teams.
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I completly agree that the Steelers benifit from a weak schedule and it's not much to say "we blew out the Browns and Bills".

That said, Three teams already are starting to seperate from the pack (Us, Colts and Steelers, Imagine that ;) ). I think SD, while talented, has some real issues that might take them awhile to figure out. The Pats exposed a lot the other day.
  7. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I believe it's eight...and we've already blown through 2 of 'em. The Colts obviously loom large but the 3 NFC East teams, Baltimore and the Jets rematch look winnable.
  8. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

well, good teams are supposed to destroy the weaker teams and that is what the Steelers are doing! I think they are a good team and could be a force in the AFC.

Could be a similar Pats 2003 senario for the Steelers. Don't make the playoffs in 2002 and everyone turns their backs on us. I don't think anyone should be turning their backs on the Steelers. Roethlisberger looks pretty damned good throwing the football.
  9. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Good point. I too concur.

But, I think Mr. Ward has given us some extra motivation. :) But wait, why am I jumping ahead? One game at a time. So, I will look at them during the week when we are playing them.
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The Steelers may be scary because they finally have a real coach.
  11. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Exactly!

They aren't just getting by. They are smoking the bad teams as they should.