PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stats from Ravens game indicate Brady may be washed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that is why he didn't risk it but at a certain point someone needed to be asking whether he was the best chance for the team to win. That has to be Fox's job, which he clearly didn't do, or didn't feel he could do.

Another indication that I'm surprised you didn't mention was Brady's lack of "Screw it, I'm throwing it deep".

We saw Flacco and Peyton unsuccessfully throw deep passes, and they looked beautiful. For whatever reason, Brady decided to rely on high completion, smart throws to get points. This shows us that Brady has become too conservative in an attempt to hide his age, and thus trying to focus more on meaningless attributes such as being "efficient" and "playing well" and "trying to win".
Brady's technique at throwing the deep ball has changed dramatically over the years , and is unlike any other modern QB that I have ever seen. He usually throws it early with a huge arc, so it is coming down with speed and at a steep angle with a very short window where (and when) it can be caught. The spot he throws it to is where he thinks only the receiver can make it if he runs through the coverage perfectly. Since it is thrown so early, it's really hard to complete, but there is very little chance it will be intercepted.

So he didn't run it. There's now a 0% chance that we're looking at Manning in Foxboro.

Oh, I didn't realize the game was over the second the ball left his hand. I thought it was possible for the receiver to catch the ball. Might have been possible as well to still score a TD after he was pushed out of bounds. Since I didn't have the all knowing knowledge of the future that you seem to have, then yeah, he should have run it, even if it meant Osweiler has to take over.

But, you know what? Osweiler is not winning a Super Bowl. This year, or any other year.

Oh, I didn't realize the game was over the second the ball left his hand. I thought it was possible for the receiver to catch the ball. Might have been possible as well to still score a TD after he was pushed out of bounds. Since I didn't have the all knowing knowledge of the future that you seem to have, then yeah, he should have run it, even if it meant Osweiler has to take over.

But, you know what? Osweiler is not winning a Super Bowl. This year, or any other year.

And, now, neither is Manning.

And, now, neither is Manning.

Manning could come back and QB a team to the SB. It is much more possible than Osweiler doing it.

Are you Osweiler's cousin or something?

Manning could come back and QB a team to the SB. It is much more possible than Osweiler doing it.

Are you Osweiler's cousin or something?

I'm not defending Osweiler. I'm pointing out the problem with your logic.

I still find it incredible how they ran it ZERO TIMES in the 2nd half.

Technically, there were 4 (3 knees + 1 Brady sneak) but of course those aren't traditional run plays

I guess Josh Macdonald knows a thing or two about running offenses after all, take note "balance" people!

So I guess any idea that we may get Peyton and Welker for Brady straight up is a lost cause?...jeez, way to screw us again, Tom....o_O:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents