PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like Stallworth back like he wants his look-at-me-on-the-big-screen- almost-TD back against the Jags. He is great with the YAC and he's got a good attitude. I hope they re-negotiate, but his option would be fine with me.

who is going take chad jackson as i mentioned ini my thread santio and jennnings taken with him have more production ,showed improvement every year and value more then this guy.

Jennings and Holmes are both in positions where they were counted on to be contributors, Chad Jackson (in his second year) was never asked to do so. Jennings and Holmes (if I'm not mistaken here ;) ) have also not had surgery on either one of their ACLs. Chad Jackson has. Jackson also missed most of TC last season because of a nagging hamstring injury (and most of what I've heard is that he was rushed back from it prematurely). Jackson has not had one legit training camp in his time as a pro and has not been asked to do the things that Holmes and Jennings have been asked.

It's still premature to assume that a WR who was widely considered the best talent at his position before the draft, and who has missed critical amounts of time in the developmental process because of injuries (and who is only 22) will be nothing when given the opportunity. I'm not saying he will be Jennings (who is very, very good, in my opinion), but it's still early to write him off.

If, after this offseason, he doesn't show anything in the upcoming campaign, then I can understand the write off. Until then, far, far too premature.

I'd rather see the Patriots restructure Stallworth, sign Moss, retain Welker (duh), and keep Jackson (who could replace Gaffney as the fourth receiver), but Stallworth's cap hit is just shy of $6.5 mil next year, which is manageable. I don't think Gaffney is crucial to this team (he's good, but not a must have) and at some point you have to take advantage of rookie contracts in the "middle class."

Kelly Washington will not make the team with a $5.5 mil hit next year, though. I'd love to see him restructured (or cut and re-signed), but barring that, he's a goner. Which is too bad.

My favorite Stallworth catch was about a seven yarder in the Jags game. 2:38 left in the 4th quarter. Third and seven at the NE 34. Brady from the shortgun, to Stallworth. Stallworth makes the catch maybe five yards short of the first down. The DB (Mathis) is right on him so it looks like he'll be tackled for sure. But Stallworth stiff arms him, drives him back six yards, and picks up the first. Effectively ices the game for the Pats. Awesome.

He too thinks Manning is a douche.

Good lad.

I'm a little concerned about my daughter, who has suddenly announced that she's not interested in the Superbowl and is planning to wear...gulp...a Manny Ramirez shirt to our SB party instead of her rockin' Pats tie-dye.

Is it just a phase? Or should I seek professional help?

Nothing to gain. If they don't he's a FA in a market desperate for proven talent at WR.

Some agents like to put out in public what they want the team to do as a prediction of what it will do so that, if the team doesn't do that, the media/public will be disappointed.

I think that that would be a very stupid thing to do with the Patriots, given their indifference to the media/short term fan emotions, but then going public with any kind of statement or prediction about negotiations with the Patriots sounds to me like a stupid thing to do if you want to keep on Pioli/Belichick's good side.

personally, i think this might be the most interesting offseason we've had since b.b.'s been here. I'd think that stallworth is gone, and moss stays with welker as #2. unless jackson finally comes on.

jackson would probably be a #4. Jabar would probably be #3 who got better and better as the year went on.

Good lad.

I'm a little concerned about my daughter, who has suddenly announced that she's not interested in the Superbowl and is planning to wear...gulp...a Manny Ramirez shirt to our SB party instead of her rockin' Pats tie-dye.

Seek help.

Good lad.

Probably a phase, but you gotta come down hard to be sure. She's gotta learn that during football season, you're a football fan, and that's just how it is.

A child wearing a Manny Ramirez jersey to a Patriots SB party is probably the only time I'd condone child abuse.

I reall hope Sunday is not his last game with the Pats. Of course I would prefer to have Moss if it came down to a choice, but I love Stallworth's great attitude and YAC ability.

I'll be rockin' a new Stallworth jersey at the SB in honor of my 4 year old boy, whose favorite number is 18 (because that's the only # he can reach on the elevator in our apt building).

Do you think it's wise to rock a new jersey on SB Sunday?

Good lad.

LOL. Don't worry, you're a good mom and no one blames you for you daughter's rebellion.

I love Stallworth. I really hope he stays. He's been a real team guy all year long, he could have pouted and became isolated and selfish and hurt the team, based on how this year has played out with Moss and Welker, but he took the high road and bought into our team concept. To me, that's a Patriot and I hope the Pats pick up his option.

And his YAC, yes, I love it, my favorite Stallworth catch was in Dallas when he shed that safety like he was a knat, spun and exploded to paydirt while waving his shhhhhhhh finger at the Dallas fans. The speed, burst and toughness were dynamite. #18 in Patriot blue for a long time makes me happy. I know they're thinking CJackson could step in with his rookie cap number to take Donte's place which will allow them to allocate Donte's dollars over to Moss, but whatever the Pats can do to keep Donte, even if that means trading CJackson and re-working Donte's deal, I'm all for it.

That was a great play, and it came against Cowboy CB Jacques Reeves...

You know what? I never even thought of that. I must have blocked it out. The power of repression...

But he's a Brady fan. He recently asked for a Patriots shirt "with Tom Brady's favorite number (12) on it". He too thinks Manning is a douche.

make sure you tell your son how big of a pipi smoke Tony Dungy is.

Teach him that there's no "quiet strength" in being a Fraud.

I reall hope Sunday is not his last game with the Pats. Of course I would prefer to have Moss if it came down to a choice, but I love Stallworth's great attitude and YAC ability.

I'll be rockin' a new Stallworth jersey at the SB in honor of my 4 year old boy, whose favorite number is 18 (because that's the only # he can reach on the elevator in our apt building).

Please tell me that the number 18 is for chai (gematria) and not for Peyton Manning............

Try this concept on for size: Goodbye Donte, hello ocho cinco! Stranger things have happened...

Good lad.

ToughLove mandates that you intervene soon ... and often.
9 out of 10 counselors agree that young girls brought up to know, understand, and SAVOR football
(like their mom)
... enjoy smoother, easier relationships with the men they later select.

It's Robert K's money, not mine. So i don't care how much new cash the team has to lay out to keep him here.
What i do care about is the cap hit.
Don't want to unbalance the thing ... lose out on someone else because of
over-commiting to one guy you shouldn't.

But Piolichick know what they're doing in that department.
So, if they find a way to retain Donte
i'd be delighted.

I agree! I'd love to see this wide receiving group in tact. Crazy to think they've only been working with Brady this season (except Jabar of course). ls it possible for this offense to become any more of a juggernaut? With even more time together... :eek:

Probably a phase, but you gotta come down hard to be sure. She's gotta learn that during football season, you're a football fan, and that's just how it is.

Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. Patchick Jr. and I are going to have a good mother-daughter talk, I'm optimistic that she can be turned around before it's too late. She's a good little lass at heart...sniff....

I think Jackson has been a dissapointment and have given up on him I would rather see us get rid of him and keep Kelly Washington and Stallworth Gafney,Welker and Moss

Why has Jackson been a disappointment? Because he's done everything the Patriots have asked of him and he tore his ACL in doing so? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. NOT..

People seem to forget that a full ACL tear is a 12-18 month process before a player is FULLY healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3