PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't surprising....not if you'd been to any practices.

I like the man, but I'm not sorry to see the "player" go. It was nice of him to do it so early to see if he can still grab on to another team.

Agree completely

God, I'm really hoping that we can find some very big, very raw, very fast, WR for the PS this season. Oh yeah.....that's Ebert.

Very big!?!

For most of us, there is no surprise here.

Last edited:
I was rooting for him, but just turned out to be too one-dimensional. He looked good in camp early on in drills and whatnot, but in live game against CBs with any modicum of physicality, he disappeared.

If he doesn't stick somewhere, he'd make solid shadow roster. But I bet he does, and Ebert on the practice squad is also nice depth beyond the 53.

If he doesn't stick somewhere, he'd make solid shadow roster.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've heard the term 'shadow roster' a few time without knowing what it is. I know there is a practice squad, but by shadow roster do you mean someone who is not on the team but sort of 'on call' if an injury happens?

Good Luck Donte'!

Thanks for 2007!

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've heard the term 'shadow roster' a few time without knowing what it is. I know there is a practice squad, but by shadow roster do you mean someone who is not on the team but sort of 'on call' if an injury happens?

Yup.. It helps to be in shape, and familiar with the Team's playbook too. By attending Camp, or having played in a similar system...

No surprise. Bill throwing a bone to a good guy who should find a place with his adopted hometown Dolphins or some other scrub-laden receiving corps.

Yeah exactly. A guy on the street who would be amenable to be returning if the need arose.

The truth is, we use the PS more often than we go to the street vet route, but it's nice to think the option is out there.

Gerard Warren would be a prime example of shadow roster right now. Doubt he signs elsewhere, and a decent shot he ends up on our squad at some point this season.

Thus concludes the great New England Patriots wide receiver debate of 2012. With the departures of Gonzalez, Ochocinco, Stallworth; the New England Patriots wide receiver corps seem set for the 2012-13 NFL Season:

Welker
Lloyd
Gaffney
Branch
Edelman
Slater

Thus concludes the great New England Patriots wide receiver debate of 2012. With the departures of Gonzalez, Ochocinco, Stallworth; the New England Patriots wide receiver corps seem set for the 2012-13 NFL Season:

Welker
Lloyd
Gaffney
Branch
Edelman
Slater
Branch looks to be the 4th or 5th WR. I could see Branch not making it. Doubt he signs elsewhere meaning he could be a shadow guy like Warren.

Short list or emergency list might be a more fitting name.

Welker
Lloyd
Gaffney
Branch
Edelman
Slater

Not so fast, my friend. Jesse Holley still has a say in this. None of these guys are safe.

Welker
Lloyd
Gaffney
Branch
Edelman
Slater

That is, until the Calvin Johnson for Brian Hoyer trade is consummated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye