PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is, until the Calvin Johnson for Brian Hoyer trade is consummated.
Spending too much of your free time reading delusional Jets Insider message board posts?

I don't think this surprises anyone. I was hoping he'd make it for his speed, but that means nothing if you can't catch the balls thrown to you. The reports of dropped passes were pretty prevalent in camp.

A shame things couldn't come together.

I wish him the best of luck.

I'm glad they gave him another chance. He deserved it. I hope he sticks with another team this season.

I'm glad they gave him another chance. He deserved it. I hope he sticks with another team this season.

Me too. He's a class person. I know you championed him over Branch, but I kind of hoped they could keep both.

Yup! Well kinda saw it comin. Wonder If Branch Is a Lock?

Re: Patriots Release Donte Stallworth, Cut Others

The other players quite literally each received a gash in their skin from a knife or other, sharp instrument.

The Turk doesn't fool around.

Thus concludes the great New England Patriots wide receiver debate of 2012. With the departures of Gonzalez, Ochocinco, Stallworth; the New England Patriots wide receiver corps seem set for the 2012-13 NFL Season:

Welker
Lloyd
Gaffney
Branch
Edelman
Slater

Not sure why so many are bunching Slater in with the WR group....when was the last time he caught a pass for the Pats or was even targeted? I'm sure he may take some reps in camp....just like he might take a few in secondary. But this guy will be on the roster PRIMARILY for his ST ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe