PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stadium From Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanviewer1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
With all that's been written about the Patriots problems playing in Miami, what stadium has been the worst , record-wise, for the Pats?

Off the top of my head it would be in Denver.

If Brady has a losing record in Miami I would be afraid to think what the other Pats QBs in the past did down there

I think its Miami by a landslide

I think the Pats lost something like 20 straight games in the old Orange Bowl before going in and winning the 1985-86 AFFCG in that building.

Last edited:
I think the Pats lost something like 20 straight games in the old Orange Bowl before going in and winning the 1985-86 AFFCG in that building.

Yeah, it was a long losing streak down there. I was in Miami when the Pats beat the Raiders to get into the AFCCG in Miami and I remember all the smug floridians saying, we're going to the super bowl, New England cant win down here, they thought it was a slam dunk that they were in, actually, back then I probably did too.
My guess is on won loss percentage its probably Denver though.

you guys are either young or nuts...the worst stadium ever for the Pats was ...Sullivan stadium

The big story in the early past of the decade was how the Pats lost something like 13 consecutive games in Miami in September/October. That streak broke with an 80 yard bomb from Brady to Brown.

I hate the place, and I've never been. I hate the orange seats and the stupid infield.

Though, for all the talk about the heat and humidity affecting New England, nobody's seeming to notice that this is an 830PM game. Heat and humidity shouldn't be too much a problem at night, so Miami does lose an advantage here.

Though, for all the talk about the heat and humidity affecting New England, nobody's seeming to notice that this is an 830PM game. Heat and humidity shouldn't be too much a problem at night, so Miami does lose an advantage here.

Weather.com

Prediction for Monday night is 78° and a "feels like" of 78° also. 15 mph wind, 74% humidity, partly cloudy skies and a 20% chance of rain. So the heat and humidity should be of zero consequence to the Pats.

By comparison Miami's average temperature in September is 89° but the humidity makes it feel like it's 110°. In fact the team charges more for tickets on the home side, in the shade than they do for identical tickets on the opposite side of the field.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross requested to the NFL that Miami play as few 1:00 early season home games as possible in order to give the fans a better experience at the game, and he got his wish. The Dolphins play three home games at night, and three early home games are in December; their first 1:00 home game is not until October 24th. Of course the flip side for them is that while it makes things more comfortable for the fans, they also lose what has traditionally been a distinct part of their home field advantage.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head it would be in Denver.

I'm with you on Denver. Miami too has always been a house of horror for Brady & company (even in the Superbowl winning years).

Why was a thread about Pats performances in other's stadiums moved to the NFL forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick