PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sound FX: Colts at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- I realize that it's a passing league and that the other team is going to get theirs too, but a couple of those TD throws our guys were pretty beat.

I'm pretty sure there's a mistake in the video of the first Colt TD. You can see Luck throwing the ball toward the right sideline, but then they cut to Brazill in the middle of the field with McCourty trailing. That was Brazill's second TD. On the first, Dennard was pretty much step for step with him down the right sideline, but Luck made an awesome throw.

I have always loved the pregame hype speeches given by the teams who go on to lose.

I'm pretty sure there's a mistake in the video of the first Colt TD. You can see Luck throwing the ball toward the right sideline, but then they cut to Brazill in the middle of the field with McCourty trailing. That was Brazill's second TD. On the first, Dennard was pretty much step for step with him down the right sideline, but Luck made an awesome throw.

That's a fair point, Zeus, as they only scored two total TD's, but I think the two coverages are arguable. Again, I'm not meaning to be negative in any way, and I think we were all impressed by their overall play.

McCourty was attempting to line up over Hilton pre-snap, and trying to give Luck the wrong look. He'd then burst back to the deeper middle part of the field in an attempt to help disguise the coverage, and he just didn't get back in time. While it's good that we have a "rangy" and quick player to do that, it also has the potential to burn us too, as Manning can certainly take advantage of that just as Luck did. McCourty was definitely caught out of coverage on that 2nd TD.

Dennard's ability to recover was pretty impressive, and that's what helped him to have decent coverage on Brazill at the end, but he definitely got beat there initially with a quick step--not horribly and it happens to everyone, but again...we'll have to play top notch to stop Manning and his weapons. I know that it's great to have Dennard back to health. He's quite a solid option at the CB2 spot, and I would imagine that he'll see a lot of Decker on Sunday.

Overall, I have been very impressed with how the secondary and defense in generall has stepped up its game down the stretch in the last 4 or so games. Let's hope we can get one more, then regroup for a great 2 week gameplan for our last game.

I have always loved the pregame hype speeches given by the teams who go on to lose.

"We physical!!!! They finesse!!!! We PHYSICAL!!!!!! They FINESSE!!!!!!!!

--LT before the Patriots issued another vicious beating on his Chargers.

"We physical!!!! They finesse!!!! We PHYSICAL!!!!!! They FINESSE!!!!!!!!

--LT before the Patriots issued another vicious beating on his Chargers.

Jeez--I forgot that misconception went back that far, especially considering that our defenses were pretty decent at that point in time too.

Jeez--I forgot that misconception went back that far, especially considering that our defenses were pretty decent at that point in time too.

I think LdT was saying that before the regular season game vs the Jest in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News