PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

some skins fans believe it can happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Joe's in Bethesda

www.tommyjoes.com

Nice thanks. I gotta admit I was pissed that this games in Gillette, I would have killed to see them play in DC but I think I'm gonna pay a lot to see the Baltimore game at least.

To the skins fans clearly you have not seen this Patriots team play this season. And when you do you will have the same reaction we had after the very first game and that all the talking heads hosting the games have had and that is OH MY GOD this may be the best team in the history of the NFL. So far the skins have faced 1 decent opponent and lost to them. They will lose again Sunday and with the exception of the jets and eagles may lose every remaining game this season. So enjoy the here and now. :eat1:

To the skins fans clearly you have not seen this Patriots team play this season. And when you do you will have the same reaction we had after the very first game and that all the talking heads hosting the games have had and that is OH MY GOD this may be the best team in the history of the NFL. So far the skins have faced 1 decent opponent and lost to them. They will lose again Sunday and with the exception of the jets and eagles may lose every remaining game this season. So enjoy the here and now. :eat1:

Let's not get to ****y now :p

Exactly, which is why the strength of schedule argument is so dumb. When you actually watch a Pats game this season, no matter who it's against, you'll quickly realize that this team is unlike anything you've ever seen before. It's not who they beat, it's how. And what they look like doing it. Sorry Skins but this game won't even be close, and I think you're a pretty good team.

Let's not get to ****y now :p

It's really not cokkiness, it's total honesty. You've seen the Skins perform pretty well against some good teams but this is one of those rare teams that will frustrate you because you wont be able to put your finger on the reason why your team doesn't look like itself.

I must be wrong about what's happening.

What is it? And don't give me a, "it's because you suck" type deal.

No, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong. You clarified your point before I did, that's all.

It's really not cokkiness, it's total honesty. You've seen the Skins perform pretty well against some good teams but this is one of those rare teams that will frustrate you because you wont be able to put your finger on the reason why your team doesn't look like itself.

I heard the same stuff about the Saints of last season.

Now yes, you all are twice as good as they were last season, but we are twice as good as we were last season.

Now either way someone is going to win, but I don't see it being more than 14 points for either side.

Anyways I'm hitting the bed, 3am, gotta knock out, ill be back tomorrow.

Take it easy guys

I heard the same stuff about the Saints of last season.

Now yes, you all are twice as good as they were last season, but we are twice as good as we were last season.

Now either way someone is going to win, but I don't see it being more than 14 points for either side.

The Saints? You're forgetting that we've seen 3 SBs in 4 years from this team recently, so I think our claims about this team being special carry a little more weight than the Ain'ts fans. I'd be surprised if we didn't win by 14 pts, to tell you the truth.

I'm realistic about this game. The Patriots are REALLY good this year. Every position seems to be interchangeable (with the exception of QB), which makes the team even more frightening.

I'm not going to be a homer. I know that no one's giving us (the Redskins) a fighting chance, but I think it will be a lot closer than most are saying it will be.

And for those who are being completely arrogant and childish in this thread, you might want to humble yourselves; I'm sure you've all heard the term "Any given Sunday?"

We DO have a pretty good defense. You can't overlook that.

Good luck this Sunday. Should be an exciting game for both teams.

We have not seen you guys play? You're media darlings. Of course we've seen them play. You guys are riding that "OMG this is the best team in NFL history" media-generated-wave. It will take one team to knock you off that pedestal. That might actually happen this weekend.

BTW...you've only faced ONE opponent with a winning record. And you can't even count Miami. Dear god, they are a horrific team right now. You're actually going to face a damn good defense. Don't dismiss Gregg Williams and co. You'd be foolish to do that.

I think it's going to be a lot closer than you think.

i cant see us sending landry...i see marcus washington, andre carter for sure though

Realistically, I see GW only rushing 3 during this game. He's gonna want to have his guys dropped into coverage most of the time. Blitz Brady too much and we will surely pay for it.

I think it's adorable that some of you think you can win - it's amazing to me that people SEE what they see from the Pats (and say what they say about the Pats) and then STILL don't get how freaking GOOD they are. The Redskins have ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT of winning on Sunday. They MAYBE have a shot at covering.

Seriously. Just stop. But thanks for being respectful in your language and tone.

ADORABLE? Why don't you just shut your cake hole. You need an absolute *****-slap for that post!

We can discuss it until the cows come home. The Skins are a good team. Not even among the LESS likely teams to beat us. Well duh, when you're on top, whoever beats you, it will be unexpected. Chances are that sometime this year, somebody will beat us.

I certainly like our boys' chances better.

But hey, it's the NFL. We could lose this one, just like we conceivably could have lost the Miami or Dallas game.

I haven't read all 11 pages, just the first couple. Hopefully people have mellowed out on the guy by now. He didn't come in talkin' smack, just loving his team, unfortunate though they may be.

PFnV

Well, you can't really blame the Skins fans. Since the Pats met the Eagles in XXXIX, the Redskins are now the team the Pats have gone the longest without playing.

So, in other words, they haven't had the chance to realize the futility of their "anything could happen!" arguments. Guess what, Skins fans. That's what fans of 20-some-odd teams have said over the past 3-4 seasons. By now, they've realize how pointless it is when they come to our board pre-game and attempt to talk smack. It just doesn't work, save for Colts fans, since they've kicked our asses 3 straight times now.

So, in about 5 days, you will notice. But I don't blame you for not right now. The last time you saw the Pats, 3 years ago, Brady's final pass sailed over Graham's hands and the Redskins won. That's all you have to work on, so again, I don't blame you. But you will learn.

Can the Skins win the game on Sunday? Of course. Skins have a great secondary, and the Pats might want to keep them honest with the run. However, Maroney is hurting, and Morris is out. That's not good. It would also be nice to have Ben Watson out there causing havoc, but he's hurt too, and I wouldn't expect him to be back. Pats are exactly dominating against the run, and Seymour is still out, so relief is not in sight there.

Having said all that, I live in Redskin's country, and the team doesn't exactly put huge points on the board. The Pats are averaging 40 points a game. Let's say the Skins D is as good as everybody is saying - chop 2 TDs off that average. That puts the team at 26 points. Are the Skins going to score 27 or more this week? They could, but they haven't been that potent overall yet.

Yes, the Skins "could" win this game, but I sure wouldn't put my mortgage on it.

It seems that there is definitely a line between confidence and ****iness/arrogance.

Pats fans have crossed it.

True. But not ALL Pats fans have crossed it. Not even close to all.

I just want to add my voice to all the people saying how classless the Pats fans that attacked the Skins fans in this thread are. We get fans from the other team talking football and being respectful and they get attacked.

Pathetic...

Realistically, I see GW only rushing 3 during this game. He's gonna want to have his guys dropped into coverage most of the time. Blitz Brady too much and we will surely pay for it.

I think sending 3 might be worse. You're going to give Brady too much time if you only send 3. You have to mix it up. Throw everything you got and hope your good young QB can have one of his better games.

If Chris Cooley can play like Dallas Clark you guys have a chance. Keep in mind that this defense did by and large contain Jason Witten so Cooley does have his work cut out for him.

Does Chris have Peyton Manning throwing to him? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes