PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

some skins fans believe it can happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the skins board:

"This does look like a trap game for NE. Let's hope we catch them by suprise."

Exactly how many trap games are the pats gonna play? We were told (by the opposing fans) The Bills was a trap game, the phins was a trap game, and now the skins.

I admire their optimism, but the Skins are going to get monkeyshined in this game. I dont see Washington having a favorable matchup in any phase of this game. Belichick vs. Jason Campbell? LOL.

From the skins board:

"This does look like a trap game for NE. Let's hope we catch them by suprise."

Exactly how many trap games are the pats gonna play? We were told (by the opposing fans) The Bills was a trap game, the phins was a trap game, and now the skins.

Didn't you know? Every game except for the Colts and Steelers is a trap game.

Meh. I love the Pats and I think they will kill them. But of course they can lose..

1) Football takes tremendous physical effort to play well. thus if our guys don't play hard they will lose.

2) BB has on some rare occasions come up with mediocre game plans.

If both 1 and 2 happen the Pats lose. Do I think it will happen? Heck no - the Pats are insane right now. I have never seen a team as pumped up really. They are like "OMG you scored on us Jason Taylor?!" What you think you can win?! TOUCHDOWN. Sit down - shut up and get blown out"

Pete

"riginally Posted by GeneralGibbs

Skins are 5th against the run....
Skins are 8th against the pass.....
Skins are the 4th RANKED DEFENSE OVERALL.......

I'm not done yet!!!

-Skins avg more offensive yards (YES, offensive yrds) than their opponents...
-Skins are averaging more rushing yards than their opponents.
-Skins are averaging more sacks thatn their opponents.....
-Skins are averaging more touchdowns than their opponents..
AND...
-Skins turnover ratio is +2 through 6 games."

Lets see...
-Skins are 8th against the Pass...Pats are 4th
-Skins are 5th against the Run...Pats are 9th
-Skins average 304.5 Yrds/G.....Pats average 432.9
-Skins average 114.7 yrds/g and 3.6 yrds per carry.....Pats average 133.4 yrds/g and 4.2 yrds per carry.
-Skins have 16 sacks/2.6 per game....Pats have 19 sacks/2.7 per game.
-Skins have 14 Off and 2 Def TD's this year/2.6 TD per game....Pats have 36 Off and 2 Def TD's/5.4 TD's a game.

Where exactly is this Skins fan getting his facts?

Last edited:
Of course the Skins could win.

If the Pats players have the same attitude of contempt for their opponent as the people posting here do, they'll lose.

Skins have a good defense...it will be a test. Pat defense in the 2nd half looked lazy and sluggish....play like that and you'd lose to anyone.

If the Pats players have the same attitude of contempt for their opponent as the people posting here do, they'll lose..

I really do hate this comment. Why does anyone think the Players and Coaches think like fans?!?! :bricks: :bricks:

I really do hate this comment. Why does anyone think the Players and Coaches think like fans?!?! :bricks: :bricks:

I don't.

But I said it to illustrate the idiocy of fans posting how "we" blah blah blah and then insulting Skins fans for thinking they could win. On any given Sunday, goes the saying. If the Pats players are over confident or sluggish they could lose. Why would they be that? It happens all the time.

of course the skins could win...the patrioyts could lose ALL the games....but they prepare well and take EVERY game very seriously...that is why they win..because they do not overlook details or just think they can show up and win...not happening....they know HOW to win..how to prepare..this is just another week...

I don't.

But I said it to illustrate the idiocy of fans posting how "we" blah blah blah and then insulting Skins fans for thinking they could win. On any given Sunday, goes the saying. If the Pats players are over confident or sluggish they could lose. Why would they be that? It happens all the time.

While we are at it, isn't it cool that our site allows and encourages fans of other teams to come here easily and spout their opinions of the teams and us?

Don't take it for granted. Why? Check out this on Extremeskins.com - - notice anything about the "free and open" exchange of ideas over there?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218237&page=1&pp=15

I'm sure there's no censorship there. Right?

Whenever you have a free and open forum you're going to have conflict. The Redskin fans that have come over here are not used to free and open forums (judging from Extremeskins.com). It's like the child whose parents never said "no" to him. When he goes out in the real world, it can be quite unnerving and feels quite insulting.

Skins fans,
I live in Northern VA and was at the last regular season game that we played, Skins won and it was the last loss for the Pats that year before we started our historic unbeaten streak that didn't end until Pittsburgh the next year.

Our last preseason game was in 2006 and was the 3rd preseason game, the one most coaches want to win. We crushed the Skins.

Here's how I see it.

Common opponent: The Fins
The Skins barely beat them.
We were up 42-7 at half and played a soft D in the second half that allowed the Skins to score 14 on O and our backup QB threw a pass to Taylor who celebrated his TD that cut the lead to 21 at that point. Brady came back in marched us down the field in 6 plays to score another one.

One key matchup problem for the Skins:
Your O line is hurt.
Our D line has been getting flack from the media for playing so soft in the 2nd half against Miami. They've also probably been shown film of every single bad thing they did against the Fins by BB and won't likely want to face BB if they don't play up to their abilities.

Our D line is one of the best in football.
Warren should have gone to the probowl last year and has really come into his own.
Wilfork changed his diet since the end of last season and has elevated his game. Many people now believe him to be the best NT in the game.
Green's strength is pass rushing. He can and does give the QB all kinds of trouble.
Matchup your Oline problems and it is hard to see how you will do better than you have been on offense against us.

The Brady factor.
Your strength is your secondary. The DBs are playing well and your safetys are probably the two best players on your team.
That being said, our Oline is protecting Brady extemely well. If you blitz, he will find Welker across the middle or Faulk or another RB on a quick pass.
If we max protect and send Moss, he has beaten double coverage and even triple coverage this season and made it look easy.

I don't know what to expect from our running game. Our "backup" was Morris who is out with an injury. Our "starter" is Maroney who is back from an injury and only had a few carries last week before we sat him since it was a total blow out in the 1st half. To be candid, I don't think your Dline is anything special. Our Oline is playing extremely well. My feeling is that if we commit to running the ball we'll probably be able to do that fairly successfully. My gut says we'll run just enough to make you honor the play fake and then we'll go up top on you with the pass.

I do expect your D will tackle better than the Fins did. Last week, Stallworth (for the 2nd week in a row) turned a short pass into a longer TD because he was able to spin out of and break tackles. Welker also slipped away from some guys for scores (2tds in each of the last 2 weeks.)

That's my take. I think we all agree on two things - here's hoping for a game with no injuries and one that's decided by the players on the field, not the zebras.

The Skins could win this game.

It's just very, very, very unlikely.

- AFC versus NFC.
- Elite team vs. decent team.
- Superior matchups across the board for NE.
- NE playing at home.

How many home games has the AFC lost against the NFC this year?

The best chance the Skins have is if by some fluke Brady is knocked out of the game. And even then I still think they lose.

This board has really gone downhill. It used to be about good football conversation, and pretty respectable posts, with the occasional trolls visiting the boards.

Now, it seems like all I hear is about people on this board trolling on other boards, and being arrogant pricks to respectable posters. Starting to sound like the comments you find on espn.com after articles.

Anyways, any team that faces the pats has a chance. I think the Pats will beat the skins easily, but to say that another team filled with professional football players has no chance at all is stupid. That's why you play the game.

I think sending 3 might be worse. You're going to give Brady too much time if you only send 3. You have to mix it up. Throw everything you got and hope your good young QB can have one of his better games.

I couldn't agree with you more. We certainly have to mix it up. But unlike a lot of Skins fan who are barraging you guys on this board this week, I think GW will not blitz much during this game. It's going to be his downfall. For some reason, he has been shying away from the blitz. Very strange. But either way, blitz or not, it's going to be a very long day.

I don't think it's going to be a blowout, but I'm not going to fall into the homerism that every other skins fan is falling into. I hope we win. I really do.

Good luck to both teams and I hope injuries are minimal. :cheers:

It seems that there is definitely a line between confidence and ****iness/arrogance.

Pats fans have crossed it.

And like many of Skin82's fellow board members on extremeskins said to him when he started a thread over there whining about our arrogance here, "Imagine how ****y WE would be if OUR team was doing what the Pats are doing..."

Sure, we fans are maybe a little ****y right now - but we have damned good reason to be right now.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218222

i myself believe we can win if our offense steps up and actually plays a consistent game...if we dont, i cant see us coming out with a W.

BTW congrats on how well your team is performing this year...in my eyes its amazing how consistent the pats are. heres to a great game and hopefully without any injuries :eat3:

I'm sure some smart asses will deny that upsets can happen in the NFL.

I'll say it again: Your defense has to find the magic that keeps Brady on his ass. It's the only way. Dominate up front, collapse the pocket, or it's a long day. Even with pressure he's a 60% passer, but without pressure it's ridiculous.

I couldn't agree with you more. We certainly have to mix it up. But unlike a lot of Skins fan who are barraging you guys on this board this week, I think GW will not blitz much during this game. It's going to be his downfall. For some reason, he has been shying away from the blitz. Very strange. But either way, blitz or not, it's going to be a very long day.

I don't think it's going to be a blowout, but I'm not going to fall into the homerism that every other skins fan is falling into. I hope we win. I really do.

Good luck to both teams and I hope injuries are minimal. :cheers:

I don't think the blitz is necessarily any help because Brady tools the blitz about as well as anybody. Getting legitimate pressure from your front four, collapsing the pocket and putting him on his ass a few times is about the only way to disrupt him.

The problem is "how". It's not a bad OL, so you need an outstanding effort from your front four. Serve them coffee on the sideline. Caffeine is legal, right?

You have to wonder.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218222

i myself believe we can win if our offense steps up and actually plays a consistent game...if we dont, i cant see us coming out with a W.

BTW congrats on how well your team is performing this year...in my eyes its amazing how consistent the pats are. heres to a great game and hopefully without any injuries :eat3:

Welcome to the board! Most of us won't attack you for being respectful and wanting to talk football. A few of the local residents are annoying to Pats fans as well. Heck they will even attack a new Pats fan and call him a noob if his opinion is different then theirs. Just goes with being immature I guess.

As for the game I think it will be very difficult for the Skins to win. You will have to play a great game and the Pats will have to not play very well. You guys have a great secondary and although I am not a huge Sean Taylor fan he is a good football player. I like Landry quite a bit and wouldn't mind having him be a Pats player.

The defense might be able to hold the Pats to 24 to 28 points if they play very well. The area of concern for the Skins would be the offensive line. Unfortunately your line is very banged up right now. Could make it a very difficult day for the offense overall.

But here is to a good game and no injuries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes