PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some news on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team that passes on Jackson makes the Patriots look worse for drafting him. With all that talent, Jackson must really not get it. Maybe he has a learning disability.

Last edited:
Hate to admit it, but looks like Bethel Johnson two.

On the other hand, it's another nail in the draft WRs high coffin. How many first and high second round WR picks are el bustos compared to other positions?

Every team that passes on Jackson makes the Patriots look worse for drafting him. With all that talent, Jackson must really not get it. Maybe he has a learning disability.

Yes the Pats look bad for drafting him so high, but Jackson isn't looking to good either. All that talent. The guy is built to be a WR. Something tells me that we will not see the Pats draft another WR before the 4th round anytime soon.

Yes the Pats look bad for drafting him so high, but Jackson isn't looking to good either. All that talent. The guy is built to be a WR. Something tells me that we will not see the Pats draft another WR before the 4th round anytime soon.

If Jerod,Crable, and Guyton work out, we may see them take the vet LB trend into the WR position and almost never draft a WR again. WR and QB are places where proven talent means a lot. The Moss/Welker combination is proof that the mad scientists in the Pat's organization are pretty astute NFL potion makers.

Donald Hayes was a vet WR. How'd that work out?

Not too well; but at least Hayes didn't cost a draft choice. What was even worse was trading their 2007 5th-rounder to Oakland for Doug effin Gabriel. Absolutely brain-dead, both the player & the trade. Trading their '06 5th-rounder for Andre Davis would've been OK, had Davis been re-signed. The FO F'ed-up by not re-signing Davis & Tim Dwight for the '06 season, to join Gaffney, Caldwell, Troy Brown & C-Jack.

Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.

Seriously? Because Palmer and Ocho can't touch Brady and Moss, and Jackson DID have a chance at that. I don't remember him making other teams regret not drafting him.

Seriously? Because Palmer and Ocho can't touch Brady and Moss, and Jackson DID have a chance at that. I don't remember him making other teams regret not drafting him.

Chad only played with Brady his rookie season. After his injury we never saw Brady and Chad play together. How did he have a chance to play with him when he was out the whole next season with an acl and Brady didnt play a snap in the preseason?

Not too well; but at least Hayes didn't cost a draft choice. What was even worse was trading their 2007 5th-rounder to Oakland for Doug effin Gabriel. Absolutely brain-dead, both the player & the trade. Trading their '06 5th-rounder for Andre Davis would've been OK, had Davis been re-signed. The FO F'ed-up by not re-signing Davis & Tim Dwight for the '06 season, to join Gaffney, Caldwell, Troy Brown & C-Jack.

Hindsight is usually 20/20 (or at least 20/40 as the case may be)

Everyone thought the Gabriel signing was a solid one - even when they thought the price was a lot more than a 5th. You never know what you have until you get it in house and test it in the system. As for Davis, he didn't remotely come to until 2007 and who knows if the Texans made the right move signing him to a long term deal based on a half season of productivity or if he'd have ever caught on here. Dwight got a 2 year $4.2M deal from the JETS to do little more than be cut a season later off the PUP.

I will miss Jackson for no other reason than 'what would have been.'
I think the guy could and should catch on with SOMEONE in the NFL. For all of Bethel's faults, he is very much responsible for the Pats winning 2 games that helped them take and keep home field advantage from the Colts:

1. In the fall of 2004 he caught a 4Q 50yd bomb on 3rd down (an overthrow by Brady) to hold off the Seahawks in a close game. The Pats finish 2nd in the AFC and play the Colts in a blizzard in January before going on to win the SB.

2. In the fall of 2004 he 3 brilliant kick returns (one for at TD) in the McGinest goal line game vs. Indy.

If either of those things don't happen, it makes our road to the SB much more difficult. I am not one to call Johnson a bust....underachieving, sure...but he made plays.

Chad only played with Brady his rookie season. After his injury we never saw Brady and Chad play together. How did he have a chance to play with him when he was out the whole next season with an acl and Brady didnt play a snap in the preseason?

We never saw them play together (actually we did but nothing came of it either) but Bill certainly saw them practice together this season as well as after CJ was activated off the PUP in 2007. And apparently he'd seen enough to know he didn't want to see any more.

Brady will pull for a WR (or drag them along by the neck if he has to) moreso than any QB I've ever seen. He raised Branch and Givens from pups when he was barely more than one himself. He worked tirelessly with Caldwell to make something servicable out of next to nothing and established Gaffney as a legit #3 and #2 in a pinch on the fly. He even remained in Bethel's corner until that final preseason. Brady never seemed to warm to Jackson and that speaks volumes to me. Ditto Stallworth whose talent and potential he seemed to admire but they could never get on the same page with consistency. When that happens here I know who came up short. He seldom seemed to even mention Jackson, which leads me to believe they were never even close reading from the same book.

We never saw them play together (actually we did but nothing came of it either) but Bill certainly saw them practice together this season as well as after CJ was activated off the PUP in 2007. And apparently he'd seen enough to know he didn't want to see any more.

Brady never seemed to warm to Jackson and that speaks volumes to me. Ditto Stallworth whose talent and potential he seemed to admire but they could never get on the same page with consistency. When that happens here I know who came up short. He seldom seemed to even mention Jackson, which leads me to believe they were never even close reading from the same book.

BB and us fans who went to summer camp sessions saw them play together. Let's just say that Brady was not impressed.

Hindsight is usually 20/20 (or at least 20/40 as the case may be)

1) Everyone thought the Gabriel signing was a solid one - even when they thought the price was a lot more than a 5th.
You never know what you have until you get it in house and test it in the system.

2) As for Davis, he didn't remotely come to until 2007 and who knows if the Texans made the right move signing him to a long term deal based on a half season of productivity or if he'd have ever caught on here.

3) Dwight got a 2 year $4.2M deal from the JETS to do little more than be cut a season later off the PUP.

1) I didn't like the Gabriel trade from Day 1 - even for a 5th.

2) Who knows, indeed, about Davis; yet given Given's departure, the FO's growing disenchantment with (and subsequent trade of) Bethel, and Meion's continued contract obstinacy, it might have been prudent to re-sign Davis for short money and to maintain a semblance of continuity, along w/ Troy & Bam.

3) I agree that $4.2M/2 seemed a bit excessive at the time for Dwight. I wonder if the FO could have been more proactive, and signed him earlier & for less money...

Just checking to see if we are regretting this yet. It seems Chad can't find the field in Denver either. I don't wish him any ill will but I hope it's clear how ridiculous some of his supporters are now. ;)

Stop talkin about Chad jackson he's gone and is never coming back because he couldnt learn the damn playbook after two years of riding the bench. Enough said already.

Stop talkin about Chad jackson he's gone and is never coming back because he couldnt learn the damn playbook after two years of riding the bench. Enough said already.

You tell 'em, matt1073~!

does anyone really care about chad jackson?

Mods, can you lock this thread and let it die a peaceful death?

Chad Jackson = Irving Fryar

Are you kidding? I'd love to pick up an Irving Fryar for nothing. (believe me I lived through his wacky days, but he was one of the top receivers in football with the fins).

Not worth shining Fryar's shoes as a football player so far.

Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.

The fact that Ashley Lelie is bouncing around unemployed too could indicate that spending high draft picks on WRs might not be the best idea.

There has to be more first (+high 2nd?) round busts at that position than any other. Detroit alone.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST