PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...What's your gut feeling on the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me that we'll see a SB very much like the Pats v Panthers game. I think we'll see a very low scoring affair very early on. It'll be a defensive game with both teams punting quite a bit . . . a lot of 3-and-outs. I think as time goes on, however, we'll see both teams open things up and a lot of points will be scored. The outcome may very well be a made or missed field goal. Also, I believe the winner will be decided in regulation. I don't believe we'll see an overtime game as some have predicted.

I'll say again, though, I really didn't want to see the Giants in the SB. I will not be surprised to see them win the game. The Pats really have to bring their best game. Brady didn't have a miserable game last week, but if he plays in the SB the way he played in the AFCCG, then it's game over for the Patriots. Also, Gronk not playing at 100 percent is a huge blow, but I believe the Patriots have enough other weapons that, if they can keep Brady clean, can exploit the Giants defense rather easily. It all rests on the offensive line, guys and gals.

Last edited:
The Pats will pull it out 30-24.

The Giants will be surprised at how much more physical the Pats are than in week 9.

The Pats will pull it out 30-24.

The Giants will be surprised at how much more physical the Pats are than in week 9.

I'm guessing that's the same thing Baltimore thought after last week's game. I don't know why so many teams think that NE can't match them physically. I guess that's just the way it is when you have a really good offense. People just think that you're all about finesse. They underestimate the toughness and physicality of this team.

I'll say it again.

If it bleeds we can kill it.

And I firmly believe we can.

My gut feeling is that Madonna is going to be better than the Black Eyed Peas, which obviously isn't saying much considering how bad last year's performance was.

My gut feeling is that Madonna is going to be better than the Black Eyed Peas, which obviously isn't saying much considering how bad last year's performance was.

My friend's now-ex-GF made us sit through that horror show last year. Thankfully, that won't be a problem this year. Mute will be on all halftime.

My friend's now-ex-GF made us sit through that horror show last year. Thankfully, that won't be a problem this year. Mute will be on all halftime.

My bong will be on all halftime, because I'll prob. need a sedative by then.

Last edited:
From a Giants fan, I'm calling the final score right now.

Giants or Pats: 30
Giants or Pats: 27

On another positive note I believe the Pats have never lost a game when Madonna has been the half time "entertainment".

Ive watched the game from week 9 over and over....and yes we lost I accept that but the problems we had can be easily fixed. Giants played alot of men in the box and played 1 high safety a lot, which is what confused Brady because the LB's would all drop back on throwing plays! They never bit on the play action and expected throw all the time. The CB's even started to retreat before the ball was snapped as if to say we know its a throw right here. I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants won because I think both teams are evenly matched but I think Brady wont have as many turnovers as week 9 so therefore I think we take this game 30-23.

Ive watched the game from week 9 over and over....and yes we lost I accept that but the problems we had can be easily fixed. Giants played alot of men in the box and played 1 high safety a lot, which is what confused Brady because the LB's would all drop back on throwing plays! They never bit on the play action and expected throw all the time. The CB's even started to retreat before the ball was snapped as if to say we know its a throw right here. I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants won because I think both teams are evenly matched but I think Brady wont have as many turnovers as week 9 so therefore I think we take this game 30-23.
Wasn't Haynesworth being pushed out, turned around or driven into the ground during this game (by a single man).

I thought he was released after this game as well.

Last edited:
Gut feeling, Belichick out coaches Coughlin...BJGE has a BIG game...TB12 is spot on and the Pats win 31 - 21...

Was about 50/50 but improving upon pondering/remembering/reading a few things like:
- we won vs giants by mismanaging the clock at the end
- we didn't run the no huddle much vs giants to help out Ocho
- Gronk is walking just fine, no limp
- Brady knows he has to play better
- defense is peaking
- we have been streak-breakers this year vs a lot of teams

I have to tell you, I think I get what the players mean when they say that the high of winning does not last near as long as the low of losing does. The joy that came from watching that game quickly turned to panic when the Giants won that game last night.
I know that a lot of people want revenge for the 2007 super bowl loss, but facing the Giants was not my first choice. To me, they play a similar style defense as the Ravens and have a better offense against our defense, and I am not emotionally prepared to see the Patriots lose to them again.
I know that Brady can play better and the defense has played better of late, but facing Alex Smith and his 12-27 passing would have made me feel more comfortable.
I hope Brady and Belichick can find some adjustments from the game earlier this year and bring home the Lombardi, but I will admit, my confidence is shaky right now and I could use a boost from my fellow patsfans.

I think we get trounced. Not really happy about it, but i just dont think we win this one. I hope i am wrong

Giants didn't stack the box. They often had only 6 or 7 in the box and played a lot of three safety look with Deon Grant in the backer position.

Giants didn't stack the box. They often had only 6 or 7 in the box and played a lot of three safety look with Deon Grant in the backer position.

They played a lot of 3 safeties but they played right up with the LB's and had 1 safety back on many plays.

gut: I think we can surprise people with controlling the ball on the ground.

I want to get them in a smaller, pass-rushing front when we have 3 TEs, and run the ball down their throat in a no-huddle, until they bring all the safeties and corners up. Then start motioning or splitting the TEs wide and attack, still with a no-huddle.

I've gone from sinking pessimism to guarded optimism over the past week. For no particular reason, really. Just have a lingering feeling that it's their time again.

After the Ravins game my gut was in turmoil so i gave this question some time and thought. It now tells me, we are going to win so I'm much calmer now.

Wasn't Haynesworth being pushed out, turned around or driven into the ground during this game (by a single man).

I thought he was released after this game as well.

Yeah, he sucked that game and was a waste of space, that was also the AH Pepper fight, he was gone that week and the line has played much better since, not to mention we havent lost since AH was released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back