PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So We Lost A Game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats are better at recovering from a bad game than any other team in the league. BB will make sure that trend continues.

In 2003, the Pats lost 31-0 to a team that went 6-10 while the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. In 2007, the Giants got blown out 41-17 to an 8-8 Vikings team on the way to a Super Bowl win. In 2006, the Colts got blown out 44-17 to an 8-8 Jags team on the way to a Super Bowl win. In 2004, the Pats lost to a 4-12 Dolphins on their way to a 14-2 season and Super Bowl win.

Losing big to a bad team (and the Browns are better than their record) doesn't eliminate you from Super Bowl contention. Several Suoer Bowl team over the last decade including the Pats have gotten blown out by teams without winning records only to go on to win the Super Bowl. Besides, eight weeks from now, the Browns might be an 8 or 9 win team.

I'm aware that losses to bad teams happen. The part that's worrying me the most is the fact that the areas which I was hoping weren't going to get exposed ended up getting exposed. Many of them are issues that have carried over from last season. My original post stemmed from the "what's the big deal?", part. The big deal is that obvious weaknesses were exposed in big ways today. The fact that a bad team did it only adds insult to injury. To say that this is something that happens and that there is nothing to worry about after this loss is simply fooling oneself. There is plenty to worry about. Now let's just worry that the coaching staff can correct the mistakes we saw today.

Last edited:
Pats weren't as good as everyone was saying last week and they're not as bad as everyone will say they are now. The league is nuts and no team is bullet proof. Let's see what happens.
You don't belong here, what your saying makes to much sense.

The Pats are better at recovering from a bad game than any other team in the league. BB will make sure that trend continues.

I think just about every pats fan would say if there is one team you want to play after a bad loss and at their stadium to recover,the Steelers would not be the team they would say

In fact I might be right to say there are 30 other teams I would want to play next week than Pitt

If Pitt somehow loses to cincy tomorrow night there is no way they lose 3 straight

I think just about every pats fan would say if there is one team you want to play after a bad loss and at their stadium to recover,the Steelers would not be the team they would say

In fact I might be right to say there are 30 other teams I would want to play next week than Pitt

If Pitt somehow loses to cincy tomorrow night there is no way they lose 3 straight

Even if Pittsburgh beats Cincy, we still have our work cut out for us.

Well we will see about that. If we play better next week we will win, no matter how many games the Steelers have lost in a row.

Tell me the last time a Belichick team had an easy time and a dominating win against a no name or rookie quarterback?

More often than not,Belichick teams have had a horrible time against QBs they know little about.

This is not the first time nor will it be the last that a patriots team makes a rookie or Joe shmoe QB look like Joe Montana
The New England Patriots were run over by a freight train today. No excuse for allowing over 200 yards rushing by the Cleveland Browns offense. Where was the pass rush today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News