So I guess Gabriel was benched . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Reiss' blog :

Q : Why didn’t Gabriel play in the second half?
BB : “We played all the receivers today. We played them all.”

Q : I don’t think he played in the second half…
BB : “I don’t think he did either. We played them all.”

Sigh.

Last edited:
Was he injured?

?I don?t think he?s injured. No, we played them all. We got them all in there and they all got an opportunity to play.?

If he was benched because he fumbled that sucks.
All he was doing was trying to make a play.
There was other guys on the field who did a lot worse than him.
My first time i can remember going straight home after game with
no cookout in over 40 years .Even in snow we had them but i
was too pissed today.As for the recievers i saw quite a few open
today but Brady was either rushed or didn`t see them.He just doesn`t look the same. Our record is 7-7 since 21 game streak at home.

It was obvious he benched him. Sickening. The coaching on offense and defense is awful. If he benched Gabriel, it is ridiculous. Also, where WAS Jackson! Freaking play him!

He benched Gabriel. Why? Why does he bench him when Kevin Faulk fumbles ALL the time in crucial situations???

I was thinking that the whole rest of the game......I can't believe they benched him for THAT. He was going to pull off a huge play........had two defenders come in and knock the ball out. Good play by the Jets.......
Gabes still got up after being plowed into the mud and made the tackle on the interceptor. What is up w/some of these coaching decisions this year? Can't they pick an identity/direction and go with it? Gabes is not on my $##t list but I can name a few people who are.
Regardless of all this...........I still believe baby and I still love the Pats!!
Also.....I am so sick of this "We're a baseball town" from our media. They're pushing the buttons on this topic a bit much. I love football more and I know many die-hard Sox fans who have plenty of passionate room in their hearts for the Pats.

If Gabriel was benched for fumbling the ball here, I would be shocked and quite disappointed. Perhaps he tweaked something and BB just didn't want to admit to injury - he'd sooner lend credence to the idea that he benched a guy who fumbled.

Fumbles are part of the game. BB knows this.

As for Chad Jackson...they need to start playing him on 3rd downs. The field opens up when he is on it, other receivers are open. He was open deep on one play today but Brady missed him and went to Watson in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft