PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Wilhite injured in N. Attleboro home invasion, reason for inactive-pulled groin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why Wilhite Didn't play

Hey guys --

It was Jonathan. As I've mentioned before, the ProJo doesn't let us use the phrase "according to a source," which is why the writing sometimes seems vague. Believe me, I cannot stand the rule, especially when it creates situations like this one.

Someone robbed his home when he was there, and he is fortunate that he's ok. I'm trying to get more details because I think this speaks to a larger issue about how vulnerable the players are.

smy

Thanks for the update, Shalise.

This must have been a scary incident. If all they wanted to do was steal from him, they would have waited a few hours.

P.S. Your gun laws are too strict.

Sounds like this poster knows more than he is letting on and waiting for the story to break.

Maybe the poster is the home invader ?!?!?!

Re: SMY: Wilhite injured in N. Attleboro home invasion, reason for inactive

Exclusive photo of the home invader who knocked Wilhite out of the lineup!

Police haven't determined the assailant's identity yet, but have some leads.

:)

Attachments

• ImgDyn.jpg
    ImgDyn.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 364

Sounds drugs-related.

Not jumping to conclusions. Just watch . . . and learn.

QB12

Yeah, like Sean Taylor, Brandon Meriweather, and every other black athlete that gets attacked in his own home right?

It is good to hear Whilhite is ok. It is scary thing that is increasingly becoming a reality for NFL players. Hopefully they catch the guy.

Now Wilhite just needs to get an agent-a-dectomy. He needs to dumb Jason Chayut before his contract is up.

Sounds drugs-related.

Not jumping to conclusions. Just watch . . . and learn.

QB12

I'm never one to be Politically correct, but the only reason you're saying that is because he's black. It's simple really. If you're any kind of famous person, and joe blow is walking the streets and he knows you have any kind of money, I promise you your door will be kicked in. This is a different world today.

Hey guys --

It was Jonathan. As I've mentioned before, the ProJo doesn't let us use the phrase "according to a source," which is why the writing sometimes seems vague. Believe me, I cannot stand the rule, especially when it creates situations like this one.

Someone robbed his home when he was there, and he is fortunate that he's ok. I'm trying to get more details because I think this speaks to a larger issue about how vulnerable the players are.

smy

Good. I'm sure BM will have some insight on the matter. Be sure to note that BM is alive and playing on sundays today because he was able to use a licensed firearm to protect himself. Maybe Sean Taylor would still be around if he had done the same.

It is good to hear Whilhite is ok. It is scary thing that is increasingly becoming a reality for NFL players. Hopefully they catch the guy.

Now Wilhite just needs to get an agent-a-dectomy. He needs to dumb Jason Chayut before his contract is up.

I was pretty worried thinking it could be some kind of gun shot wounds. Usually home invasions end with somebody being pistol whipped or shot :(

Hey guys --

smy

Thanks Shalise, hopefully Jonathan isn't too shaken and will be good to go next week.

Any word on the injury?

Good. I'm sure BM will have some insight on the matter. Be sure to note that BM is alive and playing on sundays today because he was able to use a licensed firearm to protect himself. Maybe Sean Taylor would still be around if he had done the same.

Sad to say, but no doubt it's true. I'm a middle class white dude living in some average suburbs and I would not dare not have a gun in my home. Home invasions are wayyyyy too common these days.

Thankful that the kid is ok and LUCKY enough to be just deactivated yesterday.

Last edited:

A gun doesn't always solve the problem. It is very difficult to use a gun in confined space- it's why they created a whole science for it, called CGQ (Close Quarter Combat) in the special forces, and you train for hours and days to become good at it.

A gun doesn't always solve the problem. It is very difficult to use a gun in confined space- it's why they created a whole science for it, called CGQ (Close Quarter Combat) in the special forces, and you train for hours and days to become good at it.
I don't think he said it solves it. That's why he said maybe.

Maybe the burgular is quick with his gun, who knows. But one thing I do know is you're a lot more protected and safer with a defense. I've been a victim of a home invasion, and having no gun to protect myself at the time ended up getting my pistol whipped. It's insane not to have any kind of home defense.

Insurance doesn't always solve everything, but you're a lot better for having it right? Take my advice, if you don't have a pistol, get one before you regret you don't. Just my advice.

Yes with a rifle it is a little harder and minimal training is needed... with a pistol it is not very hard. People rely on Cops way too much for their safety .... I work for a Police department .... I know that cops are not getting there for 2-20 min depending on how far you live/where the officer is..... anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

Last edited:

Um....ok....can we agree at least that Sean Taylor's chances would have been BETTER if he had been armed??? Of course they would have been. That's why these guys are crazy NOT to be packing (at least at home).

Hey guys --

smy

Do they call it the Tomase rule?

Thanks Shalise, hopefully Jonathan isn't too shaken and will be good to go next week.

Any word on the injury?

No...I don't think he was physically hurt that badly. I think it was more that he was shaken up. I asked him about it today and he didn't want to talk about it, which I more than understand.

BB was on WEEI this afternoon. He just mentioned that Jonathan was at the game but could not participate. He was asked if Jonathan was being disciplined and he said an emphatic, NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News