PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY/Globe: Brady approved Moss deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY Gives New Perspective on M*ss Trade

We don't know that they didn't do that, although I doubt it and there is a reason why. Everything here is a test. How much they are willing to extend themselves for you or even want to retain you is based in part on how much you want to win here. I used to think they should polish up their people skills. They don't for a reason. If you need to be coddled to do your job here, you don't belong here. There are signs all over the building pertaining to that. They took down all the old pictures, not the adages.

Maybe.

But look, you don't have to coddle Randy Moss not to tell him that he *won't* get an extension. Personally, I think that the idea of having to "challenge" Randy Moss is crazy. Even a half-speed Randy Moss will be every bit as good as the David Pattens, Torry Holts and Joey Galloways and other over-the-hill types that they've brought in.

So I keep to the view that either BB handled this very badly or the "source close to Randy Moss" has a very misleading picture to paint. I'll guess the latter.

Maybe.

But look, you don't have to coddle Randy Moss not to tell him that he *won't* get an extension. Personally, I think that the idea of having to "challenge" Randy Moss is crazy. Even a half-speed Randy Moss will be every bit as good as the David Pattens, Torry Holts and Joey Galloways and other over-the-hill types that they've brought in.

So I keep to the view that either BB handled this very badly or the "source close to Randy Moss" has a very misleading picture to paint. I'll guess the latter.

The only thing is, I've heard this:
BB would rather have a player who is consistently practices at a 7 and plays at a 7 than a player who could play at a 9 or play at a 7.

My take:

Imagine throwing a ball to a WR. If he was running hard, it could be a td; if he wasn't it's an INT. But there's no way to know because all you do is read the coverage and make a throw. I'd prefer that the WR is where I expect him to be instead of the WR maybe being in the right spot or not, depending on effort.

I dont know, I dont really think Brady had any idea of this before hand. Brady is a player on the team, not a member of the front office. He has no say in what personnel moves are made. That is like saying that if the Patriots wanted to trade one of there defensive players, the front office would have gone to Wilfork before making the deal. It just doesn't make any sense. I dont think Brady had any idea before say Tuesday afternoon, a little before Glazer's report

I dont know, I dont really think Brady had any idea of this before hand. Brady is a player on the team, not a member of the front office. He has no say in what personnel moves are made. That is like saying that if the Patriots wanted to trade one of there defensive players, the front office would have gone to Wilfork before making the deal. It just doesn't make any sense. I dont think Brady had any idea before say Tuesday afternoon, a little before Glazer's report

I'm sure they didn't keep him in the dark, but I'm also sure he had no say in what went down, either way.

I'm sure they didn't keep him in the dark, but I'm also sure he had no say in what went down, either way.

This. and More.

Wait, did someone just use the word 'etiology' in a post at a sports page?

Isn't that word reserved for academic publications? How dare you, sir. :D

Last edited:
Wait, did someone just use the word 'etiology' in a post at a sports page?

Isn't that word reserved for academic publications? How dare you, sir. :D
I just hope I used it right! :)

I agree, you don't keep your franchise QB in the dark about trading who is widely considered the top WR on the team.

I just hope I used it right! :)
Well i think it does mean the genesis of something. But then again id have to go back and see in what context you used it. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday