PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sloppy NY Post Implicates Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, that's Stallworth. What do you expect from the NY Post, looks like the editor was doing bong hits!

it is absolutely embarrassing that any of you can't tell that's stallworth.

what's wrong with you? are you freakin kidding me?

you can't recognize a big name player on your own team?

what a joke.

Only took a quick glance to see that it's Donte. NY media does it again!!!! What a joke they have become!

Like DaedalusX intimated, hate to raise the old they all look alike adage at work at the Post or among some here... That is absolutely Stallworth, knew it at first glance...

Wow... that's really bad. I'm not going to go as far as to call it racist, but that's pretty clearly another black Patriots receiver who is not Moss. I highly doubt they'd make this mistake if it were Brady or Welker.

Umm, I'll go that far. How is picking out a picture of the wrong man, likely because he's african american and has dreadlocks, not racist? It was more than drag and drop, their graphics guy spent a little time overlaying that little image of the complaint and everything. It's shameful, but then what do you expect?

It's definitely Donte- in fact, they just ran that picture in the globe the other day. Jeez.

Umm, I'll go that far. How is picking out a picture of the wrong man, likely because he's african american and has dreadlocks, not racist? It was more than drag and drop, their graphics guy spent a little time overlaying that little image of the complaint and everything. It's shameful, but then what do you expect?

Yea, my general gut instinct on something like this is to give the benefit of the doubt since you'd think most journalists would be able to identify high-profile athletes, or at least know that Stallworth is not Moss. But you're right, in this case there really isn't a better explanation than racism; he pretty much just picked a picture of a black Patriots receiver and went with it.

I'm sure all you guys with the eagle eyes see that the Post got this directly from Landov media's Boston Globe services and didn't just cut and paste from just anywhere... not even the NY Post can get away with that

I'm sure all you guys with the eagle eyes see that the Post got this directly from Landov media's Boston Globe services and didn't just cut and paste from just anywhere... not even the NY Post can get away with that

Not off the hook. They are supposed to have editors and fact-checkers. Their newspaper goes out to over 700,000 readers. To your point, why hasn't the Boston Globe, then, published the same mistake?

This is on the Post.

BTW, I wasn't one of the posters who were criticizing you for not catching that it was Stallworth. An individual can make that mistake, no prob. It's different, however, when it is a major metropolitan newspaper read by 700,000+ and is obviously pushing an agenda against the athlete.

That's HORRIBLE. It IS clearly Stallworth. (Shame on those of you that can't recognize him, by the way.)

That's really racist. There's nothing else to call it. Someone edited all those legal documents into a picture of Stallworth and NOBODY in editorial noticed!?

I don't think I've ever seen anything remotely this bad before ...

I e-mailed the author and told her the error of her ways (her e-mail is at the bottom of the article). Perhaps others should do the same.

I e-mailed the author and told her the error of her ways (her e-mail is at the bottom of the article). Perhaps others should do the same.

If you feel that strongly about it, most newspapers have contact information for corrections and errors, I'm sure there's one on the website somewhere (probably buried in the legal info)

I hope they don't change it just yet. I e-mailed Jamie Dukes. :D

owww, sum ppl are realy, really, really dumb....owww

its a pats player: check

hes black: check

hes got a doo rag on: check

hes got braids: check

IT must be Randy Moss

Eh, I think you all are kinda blowing this out of proportion. I mean the racist stuff. It could have been a simple mistake. Sure it should have been avoided with an editor to make sure it was him but sometimes things like this happen and editors don't do their jobs. I don't think anything is racist about it. Just a mistake.

Eh, I think you all are kinda blowing this out of proportion. I mean the racist stuff. It could have been a simple mistake. Sure it should have been avoided with an editor to make sure it was him but sometimes things like this happen and editors don't do their jobs. I don't think anything is racist about it. Just a mistake.

And the * in the result are there by accident too....

If you feel that strongly about it, most newspapers have contact information for corrections and errors, I'm sure there's one on the website somewhere (probably buried in the legal info)

I don't feel that strongly about it, but I'm sure Stallworth would. The text of my e-mail was:

"Hey, Jennifer, next time you write an article like this, you may want to use Randy Moss's picture, instead of Donte Stallworth's. Maybe his lawyer will call you and ask for $500,000!!"

Stallworth and Moss (Moss particularly) are high profile players. You would not see a picture of Manning in for Brady. Or Romo in for Favre. You wouldn't see that mistake with Kyle Brady and Tedi Bruschi... It's fairly inexcuseable and it wouldn't have happened with white players, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back