PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sloppy NY Post Implicates Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that until late last night, ESPN was only quoting attorney David McGill's statements in defense of his client? This even despite the fact that Tim DiPiero had released their side of the story hours before.

My question is, why would ESPN only air McGill's statements and not DiPiero's?

Gee, I wonder. I know your question was rhetorical, but ESPN wants all the air time out of this they can. They'll eventually report the correct news, but from current indications that makes the story about a gold digger and a sleezy attorney than about a superstar athlete - and their readers/viewers aren't really interested in that.

Gee, I wonder. I know your question was rhetorical, but ESPN wants all the air time out of this they can. They'll eventually report the correct news, but from current indications that makes the story about a gold digger and a sleezy attorney than about a superstar athlete - and their readers/viewers aren't really interested in that.

In their defense, I believe McGill's statement came out around 4pm and DiPiero's at around 9:00pm.

nypost.jpg

I'm gonna go with Donte

ok... so anybody who looks at this big picture and still can't see that this is Stallworth....

GO GET YOUR DAMN EYES CHECKED OUT BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE DRIVING

this isn't some mall vision poster puzzle b.s. thing where you have to cross your eyes.

my god.

It just turned 12:00 noon, and the New York Post has FINALLY given good ol' Donte a pardon! He's innocent!

The pic is now gone.

In their defense, I believe McGill's statement came out around 4pm and DiPiero's at around 9:00pm.

I know what you're saying, but they still had not changed their story as of the late edition of sportscenter. 2-3 hours is plenty of time to give the latest updates.

I don't feel that strongly about it, but I'm sure Stallworth would. The text of my e-mail was:

"Hey, Jennifer, next time you write an article like this, you may want to use Randy Moss's picture, instead of Donte Stallworth's. Maybe his lawyer will call you and ask for $500,000!!"

Way to go Deb! Brief and to the point.

I think they have to post a retraction/correction/apology now, but it will be buried in a section of the paper no one reads in a day or so...

My question is, why would ESPN only air McGill's statements and not DiPiero's?

The obvious answer is that as far as I can tell, DiPiero's was not an official "press release" type statement. It was an email to Reiss which Reiss put in his blog. McGill's statement was officially released to the media and was thus widely disseminated.

Today's noon channel 4 news did the same thing, showing McGill's statement and nothing more. Maybe DiPiero expected Reiss to write the story and disseminate it. Maybe it was too late in the day for an "official statement".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back