PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sloppy NY Post Implicates Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stallworth and Moss (Moss particularly) are high profile players. You would not see a picture of Manning in for Brady. Or Romo in for Favre. You wouldn't see that mistake with Kyle Brady and Tedi Bruschi... It's fairly inexcuseable and it wouldn't have happened with white players, I don't think.

would not have happened with white players?

Dude ESPN can't get Matt Light's name or picture right 50% of the time.

give me a break...

would not have happened with white players?

Dude ESPN can't get Matt Light's name or picture right 50% of the time.

give me a break...

He's not a high profile player...

That's HORRIBLE. It IS clearly Stallworth. (Shame on those of you that can't recognize him, by the way.)

That's really racist. There's nothing else to call it. Someone edited all those legal documents into a picture of Stallworth and NOBODY in editorial noticed!?

I don't think I've ever seen anything remotely this bad before ...

I wouldn't go that far, but it was an egregious error. And I would be very upset if I were Donte Stallworth and my picture was splashed in there next to those Restraining Order documents in a major newspaper.

nypost.jpg

I'm gonna go with Donte

Unless Moss has dreads, I'm going with Donte.

No doubt, that's Stallworth. What do you expect from the NY Post, looks like the editor was doing bong hits!

BP, who is the dude in your avatar? I've been trying to figure it out with no luck.

Not off the hook. They are supposed to have editors and fact-checkers. Their newspaper goes out to over 700,000 readers. To your point, why hasn't the Boston Globe, then, published the same mistake?

This is on the Post.

BTW, I wasn't one of the posters who were criticizing you for not catching that it was Stallworth. An individual can make that mistake, no prob. It's different, however, when it is a major metropolitan newspaper read by 700,000+ and is obviously pushing an agenda against the athlete.

No kidding!

I just pointed out that this photo looks nothing like his Official team photo - the eyebrows and eyes are quite different.

I don't mind being "wrong" especially seeing that 99% of the time I'm seeing both Stallworth and Moss with their helmets on... but given some of the comments of others, if this turns out to actually BE Moss, that's gonna backfire given the righteous comments of some here.

My point is only that the Boston Globe could have easilly miscategorized a photo once it moved to the archives. They attribute the photo to Landov/Globe Media services and one would expect they entered Moss's name, and selected this photo.

You might never see the mistake appear again unless they specifically called for a Moss photo and got a miscategorized picture.

Last edited:
only the most recognizable face on one of the best offensive lines in football history.

Matt Light, who is that?

:)

True, but then they all have those big lumberjack beards. Besides, for better or worse, offensive linemen are a lot less high profile than wide receivers. Any NFL fan should recognize Moss, but if you put Matt Light and Logan Mankins in front of them, could they say with confidence which is which? We could, sure, but like it nor not linemen (and all "non-playmakers" are relatively faceless.)

only the most recognizable face on one of the best offensive lines in football history.

Matt Light, who is that?

:)

I get that he made the pro-bowl but the average person wouldn't be all that likely to recognize him. Heck, my wife wouldn't recognize him. But she would recognize Brady and Moss. Those 2 and Bruschi are probably the only Pats (well and BB) that she'd recognize.

I'll leave it be, but I don't think making the argument Matt Light made the pro-bowl is reason to think he has the recognizeable celebrity of Moss, Brady, Manning, Bellichick, Dungy, or any of those types of guys. They're on another level star-power wise.

Stallworth and Moss (Moss particularly) are high profile players. You would not see a picture of Manning in for Brady. Or Romo in for Favre. You wouldn't see that mistake with Kyle Brady and Tedi Bruschi... It's fairly inexcuseable and it wouldn't have happened with white players, I don't think.

I absolutely think it could have happened with white players. You have no clue who picked the picture out. It could have been someone who doesn't even watch football. The writer of the article getting someone else to do their work and they made a mistake in the person.

I absolutely think it could have happened with white players. You have no clue who picked the picture out. It could have been someone who doesn't even watch football. The writer of the article getting someone else to do their work and they made a mistake in the person.

The problem is they didn't just pick a picture and put it in, they did their little sensationalist edits where they put in the restraining order and everything, which means someone took some time with it. I buy your argument that it could happen to white players if indeed it's someone who doesn't watch football at all, but I'm sure more than one pair of eyes were on it.

This is the Post, not the NYT.

They have an * next to our name.
They hire a Jessica Simpson look alike to go to a Cowboys game.

This is the Post, not the NYT.

They have an * next to our name.
They hire a Jessica Simpson look alike to go to a Cowboys game.

Yeah, I understand why it happened here and not at a real newspaper, but that doesn't really make it any better, does it?

If you're going to run a slam piece on a guy (which now looks even more pathetic with what's coming to light), at least have a picture of the right guy.

Yeah, I understand why it happened here and not at a real newspaper, but that doesn't really make it any better, does it?

If you're going to run a slam piece on a guy (which now looks even more pathetic with what's coming to light), at least have a picture of the right guy.

Did you read the story next to it. It wasn't bad. I figured the Post would headline it "Moss beats Girlfriend" instead of extortion.

Did you read the story next to it. It wasn't bad. I figured the Post would headline it "Moss beats Girlfriend" instead of extortion.

I didn't read the whole thing, I'll admit that. I couldn't get the picture to load so I came back to see if someone had posted it here. So you're right in that respect, but my general point stands: Just because it's printed in a rag, doesn't make it any better than if the Wall Street Journal had done it, just less surprising.

Did anyone else notice that until late last night, ESPN was only quoting attorney David McGill's statements in defense of his client? This even despite the fact that Tim DiPiero had released their side of the story hours before.

My question is, why would ESPN only air McGill's statements and not DiPiero's?

Did anyone else notice that until late last night, ESPN was only quoting attorney David McGill's statements in defense of his client? This even despite the fact that Tim DiPiero had released their side of the story hours before.

My question is, why would ESPN only air McGill's statements and not DiPiero's?

why do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back