PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slightly OT: What does everyone think of Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkantro2

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I like Chad a lot (as you can tell from my sig :rocker: ), but even I can admit he hasn't lived up to expectations this year. I see some people with Chad in their avatar/sig and I am wondering if people really like him or they are just sarcastic about using him, the way some people are on the boston.com boards?

Keep in mind I am a new guy, so if you have had long discussions on Chad in the past, I was never a part of them.

haha welcome aboard...there's weekly discussions on Chad...I think that a lot of people hope he is gonna be a stud in this league, but we really havent seen much on him. I believe that he'll be much more productive next year, once he gets a full training camp in. The patriots run a very complex offense, that can be daunting for a young WR, so I think he'll be very productive in the future. Also, hammy and groin pulls linger, so who knows if hes at 100%.

Also, guys like Colston and Boldin (his rookie year) are exceptions for rookie wide receivers, not the norm. Look at a guy like javon walker, who had a slow start and came on very nicely after that.

haha welcome aboard...there's weekly discussions on Chad...I think that a lot of people hope he is gonna be a stud in this league, but we really havent seen much on him. I believe that he'll be much more productive next year, once he gets a full training camp in. The patriots run a very complex offense, that can be daunting for a young WR, so I think he'll be very productive in the future. Also, hammy and groin pulls linger, so who knows if hes at 100%.

Also, guys like Colston and Boldin (his rookie year) are exceptions for rookie wide receivers, not the norm. Look at a guy like javon walker, who had a slow start and came on very nicely after that.

Weekly discussion? How about daily or even hourly? General concensus is he abviously underperformed. Whether that was due to injury and/or intelligence, we will wait until next year.

Agree 100%. I have gone to every game, and even the weeks where he isn't on the injury report, I keep an eye on him and he really does seem to have trouble getting his legs loosened up, constantly stretching and such.

The thing that gets me is that one of the positives of drafting him as that Belichick "tested" him on the offense before the draft and he passed with flying colors. Also, Florida ran an incredibly complex scheme (as seen in the Championship the other day), and he thrived there. I just get tired of people saying he is the next Bethel Johnson!

Also, I think when he is in the game now, the DBs can probably tell he is going to be running something deep. I look forward to next year, when they actually run some routes with him, because he is a much better route runner than people here realize.

Personally, he reminds me a lot of Plaxico (more resemblance on the field than anything)...I believe he didnt get off to a good start either. We'll see what happens with him, but it is true that the Pats have not had great success drafting in the 2nd round.

Personally, he reminds me a lot of Plaxico (more resemblance on the field than anything)...I believe he didnt get off to a good start either. We'll see what happens with him, but it is true that the Pats have not had great success drafting in the 2nd round.

The 2nd round got them the likes of Branch, Wilson, Light but unfortunately landed them the awful Adrian Klemm, Bethel Johnson and Marquise Hill. It's been a 50/50 shot.

Last edited:
The 2nd round got them the likes of Branch, Wilson, Light but unfortunately landed them the awful Adrian Klemm, Bethel Johnson and Marquise Hill. It's been a 50/50 shot.

Yeah, you're right on that. For some reason, hasnt the 3rd round been great for us tho?

I think there have been way too many threads RE: Chad Jackson.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think the jury is out right now on chad, a solid game on Sunday would enhance his future , or continue to question it.. But it would be nice to see him catch a deep ball from Brady for a TD..

Also, I think when he is in the game now, the DBs can probably tell he is going to be running something deep. I look forward to next year, when they actually run some routes with him, because he is a much better route runner than people here realize.

I am fine with sending him deep. One of two things will happen:

1. he will get single coverage and i think that is worth a risk throwing deep.

2. he will cause the safety to rotate over causing double coverage and freeing single coverage up for someone else.

we'll see if the pass protection will be able to hold long enough to allow for a deep pass.

last week he was in for 3 plays that counted and they threw to him twice.

Chad had a badly underthrown pas and he fought to prevent the interception.

That's what he's supposed to do and he hasn't been asked to do a lot yet. We have a veteran who has averaged over 40 catches over 4 years and we're just starting to work him in.

I think the lack of the 2 established receivers who left has actually hindered Jackson's progress since BB doesn't have time to mess with rookies while he's replacing starters at both positions.

Brady has underthrown long routes to Jackson and Gabriel this season, which is to be expected since the timing on long routes takes a while.

This is probably why he featured Caldwell long in recent games.

I am fine with sending him deep. One of two things will happen:

1. he will get single coverage and i think that is worth a risk throwing deep.

2. he will cause the safety to rotate over causing double coverage and freeing single coverage up for someone else.

we'll see if the pass protection will be able to hold long enough to allow for a deep pass.

last week he was in for 3 plays that counted and they threw to him twice.

I have no problem sending him deep either. My point was when he gets into the lineup more, it'll make the deep ball all the more effective considering they will have to respect his ability to run other routes.

All those who have not disussed Chad Jackson several tiimes, please raise your hand.

PWP, I believe has a special word for him. I can't remember it right now, but when ever I hear it, I think of the cheerleader thread.

All those who have not disussed Chad Jackson several tiimes, please raise your hand.

PWP, I believe has a special word for him. I can't remember it right now, but when ever I hear it, I think of the cheerleader thread.

As I said in the original post, if there have already been lengthy discussions on the subject, then I apologize. I've only been here a week.

Just to be clear - we're talking about Chad Jackson the football player - not Chad Jackson the boogie boarder, right?

Just to be clear - we're talking about Chad Jackson the football player - not Chad Jackson the boogie boarder, right?

I meant the boogie border. You mean there's a football player by the same name???

;)

I meant the boogie border. You mean there's a football player by the same name???

;)

Amazingly yes there is... but to answer your question I think he's had a tremendous run on the competitive surf and boogie board circuit.

chad1649_72dpi.jpg

Last edited:
I think he's a rookie that hasn't shown much and hopefully will be much better next year.

I expect his long awaited breakout game any game now.

What does your signature have to do with Chad Jackson?

That's a picture of Reche Caldwell or Troy Brown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick