PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SKIP BAYLESS GETTIN BRADY's BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WOODY PAGE GETTIN BRADY's BACK!

Woody Page just dismatled Donovan Mcnabb on FISRT TAKE, Donovan thought that Tiger Woods was the more dominant Athlete. BOOOOYAH! Nice route Woody.

Woody Page? Don't worry I can se how you got the two confused. Woody/Skip.

yeah as a matter of fact I do and i suck at it. But i am good at baseball which is why I know Baseball is more physically demanding. Softball is no comparison, and for the record I mean Beer league SB not prosoftball. I pitch for baseball in a semi pro league and let me tell you its alot worse to play nine grueling innings in the heat than it is to walk and hit a golf ball every 200 yards or so. Yes you get sore at golf but baseball is more physical and mental and its the easiest out of the big 4 sports in america. I also play paintball which is 10 times the sport that golf is and is a ton more physical but no one calls those people athletes. Tiger woods is the extreem exception just like John Daily is the other exception the average golfer is not an athlete. Tiger i will admit could be good at any other sport that he knows but he wouldn't be the MJ of his sport if he did. Golf gave him that opportunity cause of his "athletic prowess"

A) I already made an allowance for pitchers
B) Baseball players don't "play nine grueling innings in the heat." They play half of the game in the field, and the other half in the dugout. The umpires spend more time in the heat than the players do. Golfers spend five hours non-stop in the heat or rain.
C) Saying that baseball is more mentally demanding than golf is the most laughable thing I've read on this thread.
D) Paintball is effin' tough. I wish I played more.

Last edited:

B) Baseball players don't "play nine grueling innings in the heat." They play half of the game in the field, and the other half in the dugout. The umpires spend more time in the heat than the players do. Golfers spend five hours non-stop in the heat or rain.
C) Saying that baseball is more mentally demanding than baseball is the most laughable thing I've read on this thread.

Most dugouts don't have a roof BTW. Catchers have it the worst out of anyone with all the equipment and having to squat for every pitch.

Half the time when golfers are playing its perfect weather conditions. Baseball usually plays at night under the lights. Neither are really effected by the eliments all that much.

Baseball is more demanding physically though, at no point is a golfer running at full speed. All golfers do is hit a ball and walk around. I'm not arguing that golf isn't a sport BTW, just that baseball takes more energy although not a lot compared to say basketball or football. NASCAR on the other hand is not a sport.

Last edited:

Sorry there, chief, but I have friends who played D-1, one of my best friends played DIII, actually, I know exactly what they go through. I know about the two-a-days, the 5am wakeups for runs, the 2 hour sessions in the weight room 4 times a week, etc, etc. Nothing that I've ever heard compares to the 2-mile test, period; and that was just to make the team, that's not even counting the 2-mile runs to and from the practice field--before and after they had their practices. And these guys were in ridiculous shape; the average midfielder runs SIX TO SEVEN MILES every game; then add in the skill, precision, agility, etc, required to play.

And I don't even like soccer, but you better believe it's a sport and I have all the respect in the world for those who play at a high level because the training (which your narrow mind couldn't even begin to imagine) is ridiculous. Ditto rugby. And unlike football--where the punter, kicker, and often QB and some linemen aren't in the shape that the rest of the team is--everone on a soccer or rugby pitch is in ridiculous shape. Period.

I never said Soccer players weren't athletes. Ever. I just think that overall, football, taking everything into account (contact, stress, mental, etc) is much tougher than Soccer.

Comparing a 2 mile test to an entire grueling season of football can't be done. I had to go through some extreme physical and mental stuff myself, and it sucked...but it was over. Football season lasts so long, and it just beats you down.

Most dugouts don't have a roof BTW. Catchers have it the worst out of anyone with all the equipment and having to squat for every pitch.

Half the time when golfers are playing its perfect weather conditions. Baseball usually plays at night under the lights. Neither are really effected by the eliments all that much.

Baseball is more demanding physically though, at no point is a golfer running at full speed. All golfers do is hit a ball and walk around.

Huh? Most of the fields I've played on have roofed-in dugouts, and those fields suck. Even if they don't have roofs, the players are sitting down for half the game, drinking Gatorade and chowing seeds. I don't think the occasional sprint negates that fact.

Golfers hit a ball and walk several miles with brief stops to swing a club, which in itself is hard to do. Don't think walking is good exercise? Talk to a doctor.

Last edited:

My nomination for worst thread of the the year!

I think you mean skip bayless. if mcnabb picked brady as most dominant skip would have picked tiger. classic contrarian .

Darn what a dork! Yes I meant Skip Bayless. I was passin through on way to a meeting and sent it on laptop. My bad guys. I havent even read the rest of the posts past the 2nd one I am sure there are plenty of rips.

I never said Soccer players weren't athletes. Ever. I just think that overall, football, taking everything into account (contact, stress, mental, etc) is much tougher than Soccer.

Comparing a 2 mile test to an entire grueling season of football can't be done. I had to go through some extreme physical and mental stuff myself, and it sucked...but it was over. Football season lasts so long, and it just beats you down.

Triple, I think you're misinterpreting this entire argument here. We're not talking about the 'most grueling sport imaginable'. We're not talking about the 'best physical condition' in sports. We're talking about golf as a sport, which you discounted. I gave you the definition of 'sport', which actually has golf in the definition. THAT was the reason this argument began. You're running around in circles, but I prefer a straight line.

He's not an athlete, he's a golfer.

Thank you, I'd hate to think my 55 year old brother in law is an athlete.

Bayless is still for the most part, a clueless idiot.
I found it interesting that Dononvan McNabb still picked the Pats to win the Superbowl, regardless of how 'dominant' he thinks Brady is.

Last edited:

Triple, I think you're misinterpreting this entire argument here. We're not talking about the 'most grueling sport imaginable'. We're not talking about the 'best physical condition' in sports. We're talking about golf as a sport, which you discounted. I gave you the definition of 'sport', which actually has golf in the definition. THAT was the reason this argument began. You're running around in circles, but I prefer a straight line.

OK back to that, then. Define Golf as a sport if you must...but questioning the dominance of Tom Brady vs Tiger Woods is ridiculous.

C) Saying that baseball is more mentally demanding than golf is the most laughable thing I've read on this thread.

Its absolutely more mental straining. The most a golfer has to think about is wind and lie position. As a pitcher its a constant chess match with good hitters; what did I throw him last time is he sitting on a certain pitch? Its like that for both pitchers and hitters. you may not go full tilt for 9 innings but you can't ease off cause the first second you do the ball comes at you at over 100mph right for your head!, regaurdless of position in the field. its constant the game doesnt stop till the inning is over. then your up to bat and it starts over in a different way. I wasn't even talking about pro baseball just the sport in general. I play on a field in the daytime 95 percent of the time with a non covered dugout, rain or shine unless its a downpour of course. its not even close, baseball is more demanding in both aspects. Like I said Tiger is the exception not the rule, now is he the more dominate of course he is because of his exception. If all golfers were as athleticly gifted as Tiger than he wouldnt be as dominate. Brady isn't even the most athleticly gifted QB on his own team. that distinction goes to Cassel who has a great arm and can run circles around Brady. Who would you rather have behind center come 2/2?

When Tiger Woods makes a hole in one with a few gigantic dudes trying to take his head off, I will respect what he does athetically more than I do those playing other sports.

We're talking about golf man
We're talking about golf
We're talking about golf
We're not talking about a real sport
We're talking about Golf

Are there any of those in the NFL? What about a 340lbs guy like Vince Wilfork that could probably run you down even if he gave you a head start?

What does it matter? It doesn't.

By the way, I ran competitive XC and was a track sprinter. Wilfork, let alone any NFL lineman, isn't keeping up with me.

What does it matter? It doesn't.

By the way, I ran competitive XC and was a track sprinter. Wilfork, let alone any NFL lineman, isn't keeping up with me.

Weird, he can run down NFL QB's who are likely in the 4.5 40yd range...I think he would catch you.

The most a golfer has to think about is wind and lie position.

That's really all I have to read.

That's really all I have to read.

good i am glad that is all you have to read to understand that you are wrong and I am right. Once again I win MUHAHAHA!!:cool:

Weird, he can run down NFL QB's who are likely in the 4.5 40yd range...I think he would catch you.

No, he can't. Even then, the only NFL QBs touching that time are Vick (when he was playing) and Young. Welker ran a 4.5 and change going into the NFL.

No, he wouldn't catch me, and this is why you're being thick. So a golfer, like Tiger, who's in great shape and only getting better with age isn't an athlete, but a 340lb. behemoth that needs oxygen from the sideline after trying to run with a recovered fumble is? They both do different things, there's no reason for someone like you to decide what's superior.

Brady himself doesn't have any superior physical gifts, he excels at his job mostly through preparation, leading the secondary off throws, and exceptional decision making. Tiger, playing golf, is the same way.

Sport, at it's base level, is about winning...beating whatever competition is in your way. Whether it be a timed event, an event where lowest/highest score wins, or a game against an opponent, it's all about beating the competition. With that as a definition, there is no one in sports (with the possible exceptions being Roger Federer in tennis and Michael Phelps in swimming) who is more dominant that Tiger Woods. You could argue that Pedro Martinez was on that level from 1999-2001; Barry Bonds during any of about 4 different seasons, ditto Babe Ruth; Tom Brady this season; Wayne Gretzky during his prime; Lance Armstrong during his run of Tour de France championships; Shaq, Russell, or MJ during their primes; etc. I think it's easy to pick those who dominant particular sports, but comparing across different sports is a different animal, you have to factor in the level of competition, the team vs. individual argument, the level of dominance over contemporaries, etc.

All that said, if you consider golf to be a sport (which I certainly do) and you see the level at which Tiger dominates the competition, there's no choice. I love Brady, I put him right up there with Montana as the best QB of all time and consider him to be the best FOOTBALL player in the NFL, but Tiger is hands down the best golfer to ever play the sport, and it's not even a close competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes